Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Sunday Sermon  (Read 9415 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Sunday Sermon
« on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:12 PM »

I think we should have a weekly inspirational thread here. Maybe JR and Spiderman can help in starting this. Anyone else could feel free to contribute. Any thoughts?

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Sunday Sermon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »

Go for it ,I think it will do us all some good.....

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:01:01 PM »

very well said Brian...words to live by...
very inspiring

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »

B, you said that you were wondering what to "do next". This may be an outlet for you and a chance for all of us to learn something in the process. We all need a little bit of uplifting and insight that you can provide.  :)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »

I was riding in to work the other day , musing on what I needed to do around the house and daydreaming about a Tiki bar Beagle and I have talked about for going on two years when it hit me that my thoughts were exceptionally selfish and self centered. I was looking at my life from the standpoint of have not when I already have so much more than I ever imagined possible 30 years ago. That's when I realized I needed to make a commitment to being a better man as the first step in finding a path to follow for the rest of my life that wasn't a celebration of material values. No, I am not going to go out and sell everything, shave my head and become a Hari Krishna, but I am going to try to do something of value for the world around me and for my fellow man. I'm not going to make some big declaration and set some impossible goal, I'm just going to begin as I said by being a better man. So that's my inspirational thought for the week. Starting today, be the best husband, wife, son, daughter, grandparent, friend, mentor , whatever you can be. You don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi, just be who you are when you're at your finest. I think the idea put forth in the Movie " Pay it Forward" is a good way to start.  My hope is that in doing that the next step will present itself to me and so forth until I feel my feet solidly on a path headed to a better world. Corny ? Maybe so, but I think in our heart of hearts we all dream dreams that when expressed in writing come off as a little bit corny. Me I'm not so afraid to step off the porch and into the realm of criticism that I spend my days thinking " if only "  I leave it JR to add in the words asking the almighty to give us all the strength we need to find our way in this pursuit. JR knows where my heart is even if my words don't always say it.

B B
[/glow]

Brian

The honor of meeting you and many, many others on this site has made it worth the time I have spent here.
It's like the Mastercard commercial,

The knowledge from this site-----------> awesome!
The photo's from this site--------------> outstanding!
The entertainment from this site--------> unrivaled!

The friends I have made from this site--> PRICELESS!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 10:26:34 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 02:13:00 AM »

Ya Know, We live in a world of advertisement that bombards us into thinking we need it, deserve it, and can't live without it! Being raised in a relatively poor family in the NW suburbs of Chicago we didn't have the things most people in our neighborhood had. What I did have was a Mother and Father who Loved me very much! I didn't realize we were poor until I went to school and saw what other kids had. I use to dream what it would be like "If Only"...

We seem to look at material things as a way to happiness. As a young man I was determined to work hard and reward myself with material possesions that would surely bring happiness which they did...temporarily! Then my sights were set on something else. If only we had a bigger house, if only I made more money. As we moved to a bigger house and I made more money it was never enough. I always was wanting bigger and better things to fill that void in my life.

For me that void was filled when I was 38 years old and turned my life over to Christ. That's when I found the true meaning of happiness. I realized there is more to this life than material things. What I realize now is the Love I received from my parents made me the wealthiest kid on the block. Now, God's Love through Christ Jesus gives me Hope, Joy and Peace during the storms this world brings. We are all a heart beat away from eternity and we can't take the material things of this world with us but what we can take is Love!

As a believer in Christ I try to be transparent as that's the way God see's us. He looks into our hearts! Hopefully those I come in contact with during my day can see the Love of Christ thru me. I struggle with the things of this world just as we all do. But at the end of the day I can rest my head in my pillow and know that no matter what happened that day, my God Loves me and will never leave or forsake me. For me, this is the true meaning for happiness.

What I like to do when I feel the opression of a stressful day is not to look at what I don't have, instead look at what God has Blessed me with. This always has a way of lifting me up and put things in perspective. Maybe this will help you. Try it some time. :) Thanks for letting me share, God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »

JR all I can say is amen,thanks for boldness...

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »

This thread was very timely for me.  I am a sinner of magnificent proportions but through it all try to be a good human being to other living things, man or beast.  I have made a lot of mistakes in my 61 years but today an opportunity to make amends for many of those shortcomings was placed in my lap.  I won't go into detail but I feel like I was blessed to have this chance.  Like everyone, I have a lot of ups and downs and lately, the "downs" have dominated the scale but for some unknown reason, I've felt a sense of peace through it all.  I think I know where that peace is coming from.
Bless us all.
some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:03:45 AM »

In a sermon last week our Pastor was explaining how many people assume they could never be a forgiven because they have just done too many "bad things".  He went on to explain that our Savior is not here to just watch over the "good people", they don't need as much help.  He his here knocking on the door at the person's house who thinks his past lifestyle would disqualify him.  If you  detect a gap in your life just open the door and let him come in.   Miracles in my life, big and small are a whole new topic, but if I get any requests for "The Kidney Story." I will be happy to post it here.  
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 11:29:53 AM by hotlineguy »
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

jclark3603

• 07 Black Ice Road King
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »

Man What a topic - If any one is interested in a biker friendly church - You need to check out my church. Cross Timbers Church in Argyle it is a nondenominational church and we have our own Motor Cycle Gang(lol) the CT Cruisers we even have special parking for our bikes. In the past not having spent a lot of time in church I find this place is amazing. I am sure that different churches effect different people different ways depending on your needs. Amazing to me how this church just seemed to know my needs The fellowship at this church and just the whole thing feeds my soul - I find that I look forward to going to church cant wait to here what the pastor has to say - He doesn't seem to preach but he makes me THINK and he moves me every time I go. So if you are in need come check it out they have a web site. We have an 8:30 service that most of the bikers attend that way you can still get a great Sunday morning ride in. Hwy 377 Argyle

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 07:05:18 PM »

This thread was very timely for me.  I am a sinner of magnificent proportions but through it all try to be a good human being to other living things, man or beast.  I have made a lot of mistakes in my 61 years but today an opportunity to make amends for many of those shortcomings was placed in my lap.  I won't go into detail but I feel like I was blessed to have this chance.  Like everyone, I have a lot of ups and downs and lately, the "downs" have dominated the scale but for some unknown reason, I've felt a sense of peace through it all.  I think I know where that peace is coming from.
Bless us all.

Great News Bro! :2vrolijk_21: We all are sinners of magnificent proportions. Billy Grahm, the Pope, Even Mary, mother of Jesus was a sinner! Thus the need for God to send a savior...Jesus! Making Amends is good not only for those we go to but also for our own selves. Life is a journey filled with ups and downs. I have found that some of my greatest spiritual growths came when I went thru the valley! Thanks be to God for his Holy Spirit who gives us peace thru our storms of life! Again, Great News, God Bless!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 07:09:47 PM »

Man What a topic - If any one is interested in a biker friendly church - You need to check out my church. Cross Timbers Church in Argyle

We have an 8:30 service that most of the bikers attend that way you can still get a great Sunday morning ride in. Hwy 377 Argyle

It would be nice to know what state Argyle is in!!! :nixweiss: May want to take the banana there some day! :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:05:22 AM by JR »

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 07:12:23 PM »

Miracles in my life, big and small are a whole new topic, but if I get any requests for "The Kidney Story." I will be happy to post it here.  

I sure would like to hear about it!

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »

I was riding in to work the other day , musing on what I needed to do around the house and daydreaming about a Tiki bar Beagle and I have talked about for going on two years when it hit me that my thoughts were exceptionally selfish and self centered. I was looking at my life from the standpoint of have not when I already have so much more than I ever imagined possible 30 years ago. That's when I realized I needed to make a commitment to being a better man as the first step in finding a path to follow for the rest of my life that wasn't a celebration of material values. No, I am not going to go out and sell everything, shave my head and become a Hari Krishna, but I am going to try to do something of value for the world around me and for my fellow man. I'm not going to make some big declaration and set some impossible goal, I'm just going to begin as I said by being a better man. So that's my inspirational thought for the week. Starting today, be the best husband, wife, son, daughter, grandparent, friend, mentor , whatever you can be. You don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi, just be who you are when you're at your finest. I think the idea put forth in the Movie " Pay it Forward" is a good way to start.  My hope is that in doing that the next step will present itself to me and so forth until I feel my feet solidly on a path headed to a better world. Corny ? Maybe so, but I think in our heart of hearts we all dream dreams that when expressed in writing come off as a little bit corny. Me I'm not so afraid to step off the porch and into the realm of criticism that I spend my days thinking " if only "  I leave it JR to add in the words asking the almighty to give us all the strength we need to find our way in this pursuit. JR knows where my heart is even if my words don't always say it.

B B

I like it BB! I'm sure there are people with all kinds of beliefs that belong to this site and inspirational, common sense wisdom without interjecting any particular religion is (IMO) a good thing. Keep it coming and good luck on your quest to be a better man! 8)

rbmntx

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 10:20:56 PM »

It would be nice to know what state Argyle is in!!! :nixweiss: May wan :nixweiss:t to take the banana there some day! :2vrolijk_21:

JR, Argyle is in the GREAT REPUBLIC OF TEXAS, of course.  My new good friend JClark (who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting face to face yet) has piqued my interest in his church.  We have already made plans to hook up when he gets home from the frozen tundra that is Chicago, maybe he can show me the way.  I divorced 4 or 5 years ago, moved to another town and have not found a church that I have felt comfortable in.  I'm sure it's more "me" than "it" or "them".

some days you gets da bear, other days da bear gets you...

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 01:04:12 AM »

Ok, any words of wisdom this week?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »

Life is too short to be serious all the time.
Lighten up and live 

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I received this from a sweet brother the other day and it was inspiring to me. Tony Dungy gives a response during a prayer breakfast at superbowl and it speaks about his faith and son James who took his life.

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 10:23:23 PM »

Lighten up and live 

I love it BB!!! Can I use it??  8) :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 11:46:49 PM »

:-[  OK,  had to be reprimanded, just today, for not playing nice in the sandbox.  Hope you and Linda had a good ride, and I will work on my getting along skills.  Thanks for the heads up my good friend BB.  And yes, Neal is a very special person.  He is quite calm.  I'd love to get more of that attribute into my personality.  I think it will take more time.   ;)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »

Any words of wisdom today? It was a great day to ride here!

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 06:22:13 PM »

Yea it was great rideing today , temp,s in Charlotte tuesday are to be near 80 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 11:15:07 PM »

I thought of a good slogan for a biker tee shirt . . .

RIDE IT LIKE YOUR ETERNAL LIFE DEPENDED ON IT!

Is that too heavy for a tee shirt?

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 12:23:54 AM »

When it come to the things of God...

I am just a begger telling other beggers where I have found food...
If they are hungry they will come and eat!  Its not my job to force or convince
them to eat...just show them the food? Its not my choice...its yours?

DisAir

2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 12:55:19 PM »

I like that very simple but true and well said :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :)

Seegarsmkr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try...Yoda
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 10:53:39 PM »

I can definitely speak for myself but not sure how many others...
I sometimes hate my job, I sometimes loath the hours, I often question why we are so willing to be sheepdogs when the sheep often hate us...but I then look at those that I serve with and the questions melt.  It is for my brothers in arms that I serve willingly and will die with honor if that is my destiny.  I love the sheep but it is my brothers for which I live, serve and give my life.

Seegarz

If it sticks...force it...if it breaks...the damn thing needed replacing anyway!!

Seegarsmkr

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 12:35:52 AM »

Wow Brian, that was just what I needed. Thank you.

EGUC7

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »

Brian,  What a neat message to ponder on Christmas Day.  I went back and read the whole thread again, and thanks to all who contributed.  Made a difference in my perspective of our role in Christmas.

Ride Safe.
Walt

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 11:55:42 AM »

Lighten up and live 

...a big AMEN.  Doc

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

Any words of wisdom today? It was a great day to ride here!

Words of wisdom ? I don't know, but certainly musings on the meaning of life and why some folks seem to get the short end of the stick but are incurably optimistic while others who get the long end are never satisfied. I am as guilty as any of this having gotten self centered with my recent troubles. Incredibly, I got a phone call from a coworker I hadn't seen or heard from since moving to California 11 years ago. He had been in a bad car accident two years ago and is paralyzed from the sternum down. He spoke of the accident and the events of his life leading up to it that I had not known and went on to explain how he lives his life now. While there was an understandable degree of resignation in his voice, there was also optimism in speaking of how he has learned to cope with his new existence. He called because he heard I was out of work permanently disabled and didn't know how bad my issues were so he hoped to offer words of solace and advice. I was truly humbled by his call and told him so. And then this evening as I was channel surfing I came upon a program of a man in Indonesia whom the program referred to as " Tree Man" His body was covered in warts and his hands and feet had grown horns of bony tissue like branches of a tree. The program followed his progress as he underwent many painful and difficult operations and procedures to gain some semblance of normalcy. Through it all he remained quite positive and did not complain about his lot in life. Another lesson for me in humility. So I will revive this thread with these two brief stories in hopes that if other members have let life's trials and tribulations get them down. Life is truly what one makes of it.

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »

Life is truly what one makes of it.

B B

I have a good friend named BB.
Through all of lifes ups and downs friends are forever!
What else do we need?

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 11:40:45 PM »

B,
Once again, thank you.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 12:11:17 AM »

2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 09:11:38 AM »

Hey Mr. D! :drink:

Here in Memphis we don't get to hear Dr. James MacDonald on the radio. My sister in Chicago told me about him and loves him! Great choice bro! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.walkintheword.com/

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 09:43:43 AM »

A very nice thread that deserves to be at the top of the list...very timely right now considering all that has been happening not only on the site, but in my heart as well.

May God bless and keep us all, I pray that we all remain safe, happy and free on this wonderful site!

Now I go to work bettering my life in His name...

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 09:54:04 AM »

Oh, my mistake! I didn't see the "r"! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I thought you got lucky last night B B!!! :o ::) ??? ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 10:18:33 AM »

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »

Hey Mr. D! :drink:

Here in Memphis we don't get to hear Dr. James MacDonald on the radio. My sister in Chicago told me about him and loves him! Great choice bro! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.walkintheword.com/

JR,

You (All) can listen to James' messages any time of the current day at no charge on the walk in the word website, click "On the air"
By God's grace i was lead to Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows, Il (Pastor James) coming up on three years. God is doing amazing works there through his people of sharing the good news of Jesus through the gospel and reaching out to the people. We ALL are in the need of a savior!! The difference is when you get it...... YOU GET IT !! and when you don't get, you don't get. Supressing truth of who we as humans really are... Bent,Broken,Selfish,Blame Shift,Greedy...List goes on..... Our GREAT GOD wants our heart's not our work's.... If we follow him with our whole heart,mind and soul the birth of the spirit will change our hearts and be we will be obediant to him which in return will result in good works for his kingdom. "You have been saved by grace, Not by works, So that no one may boast, It is the power of God..... That is so great news.  In the book of John, Jesus told his disciples "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

GOD BLESS!!!

Tom
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »

Wow, I am going to continue to read this site daily to keep myself on track...excellent posts my brothers...

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 10:57:22 PM »

Our lives are filled with ups and downs, mountain top and valleys experiences! Well, right now I'm on the mountain top! I just came back from a 4 day retreat last week where you get alone with God. No cell phones, TV, or computers. Just a group of men alone with God and God showed up in a mighty way! I remember not long ago I was in the mountains and a sweet sister said she loves being there because she felt so close to God!

We live in a fast pace world that requires so much of our time. We are so busy we have a hard time to fit God into our schedule. Often this results in us going into the valley of our spiritual walk. We allow things of this world to separate us from God. Slowly we get further and further away. We try to be in control of our lives only to find our self at wit's end and then we cry out to God. I have been in these shoes many times. When I get to a place I see it's too big for me I cry out to God and He always seems to show up. Then I tell myself I'm not going to get there again, I'm going to trust in God in all things. Do I always succeed, I'm sorry to say "NO". In my walk with God I have found that God will allow me fall, He then picks me up again. As I go through this process I learn from it and find myself not falling as often.

Maybe I will get to a place in my spiritual walk where I won't fall and can stay on the mountain top, close to God, even when I'm going through times of testing of my faith. God's timing is perfect as He is perfect. Therefore, I will trust in Him as to when this happens. But for now, I will enjoy my time on top of the mountain, it is a beautiful place to be! God Bless!

Isaiah 52:7 (NIV) How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God Reigns!"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »

Our lives are filled with ups and downs, mountain top and valleys experiences! Well, right now I'm on the mountain top! I just came back from a 4 day retreat last week where you get alone with God. No cell phones, TV, or computers. Just a group of men alone with God and God showed up in a mighty way! I remember not long ago I was in the mountains and a sweet sister said she loves being there because she felt so close to God!

We live in a fast pace world that requires so much of our time. We are so busy we have a hard time to fit God into our schedule. Often this results in us going into the valley of our spiritual walk. We allow things of this world to separate us from God. Slowly we get further and further away. We try to be in control of our lives only to find our self at wit's end and then we cry out to God. I have been in these shoes many times. When I get to a place I see it's too big for me I cry out to God and He always seems to show up. Then I tell myself I'm not going to get there again, I'm going to trust in God in all things. Do I always succeed, I'm sorry to say "NO". In my walk with God I have found that God will allow me fall, He then picks me up again. As I go through this process I learn from it and find myself not falling as often.

Maybe I will get to a place in my spiritual walk where I won't fall and can stay on the mountain top, close to God, even when I'm going through times of testing of my faith. God's timing is perfect as He is perfect. Therefore, I will trust in Him as to when this happens. But for now, I will enjoy my time on top of the mountain, it is a beautiful place to be! God Bless!

Isaiah 52:7 (NIV) How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God Reigns!"

JR, you can bring faith to the faithless! Don't ever change brother!!! We all love you too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »

Thank you JR!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2008, 03:38:45 AM »

JR,
Thanks for sharing that. :2vrolijk_21: Has anybody told you they love you today? ;) Well I do... Love you bro. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2008, 03:17:25 PM »

JR,
Thanks for sharing that. :2vrolijk_21: Has anybody told you they love you today? ;) Well I do... Love you bro. ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Momma beat you to it Gary but its always good to hear it from you! Love ya, God Bless!

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2008, 09:18:45 PM »

40 minutes of your time required... Please Listen all

http://www.harvestbiblechapel.org/Content.aspx?content_id=40&site_id=4

God Bless.

Tom
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »

Thanks Jr!

Mountain Tops are awesome..... time on the mountain tops help me remember where to look to when I'm in a valley.

<><
Troy

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 10:28:29 PM »

40 minutes of your time required... Please Listen all

http://www.harvestbiblechapel.org/Content.aspx?content_id=40&site_id=4

God Bless.

Tom

True Love speaks truth! Good stuff Tom! :2vrolijk_21: I have been checking out his series of sermons since you 1st posted earlier. Thanks Bro! Time well spent. God bless

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2008, 07:00:16 AM »

JR,

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I echo these sentiments...thank you for bringing such warmth and positive messages to this site!

Flyndyna

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2008, 09:13:17 AM »

I echo these sentiments...thank you for bringing such warmth and positive messages to this site!

Flyndyna

Thanks for the kind words Flyndyna! Have a great day! :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »

I know it's not Sunday, but I made a post elsewhere on the site about someone I knew who is no longer with us and it's put me into a philisophical mood.

I think one of the things all of us , no matter who we are and where we come from share is a need for companionship. A need for validation of our lives in whatever manner suits us as indivduals. I think that's why this web-site/forum/chat room (whatever) has nearly 7,000 members. It's not just owning a Harley-Davidson we share in common, it's our independant way of looking at life, our zest for live, our joi de vrie, and similar things we share. Folks find us in a variety of ways as the thread on that topic describes, but it seems that for many, once found never lost. In my three years on the site, I can count on one hand the members who have become active and then left. And you know, it's almost nothing short of a miracle that the member down thread is usually about a friend or relative etc of a member or somebody well known in the community. Of the members who post on a regular basis, I can't think of anyone we've lost. One has to wonder if Brother JR spends all his time beseeching the good LORD to look over each and every one of us. Anyway, my real purpose of writing today was simply to say that irregardless of whatever troubles I may have I am truly happy to wake up each day to a life that is this good. And I thank those of you who are a part of it for being my friends. And I take great comfort in knowing that when my time to take that final ride comes, there are those here that will remember me. The Bible tells us that hell is separation from GOD. Hell for me would also be a world without friends.

Vaya con Dios

B B

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2008, 08:41:21 PM »

I know it's not Sunday, but I made a post elsewhere on the site about someone I knew who is no longer with us and it's put me into a philisophical mood.

I think one of the things all of us , no matter who we are and where we come from share is a need for companionship. A need for validation of our lives in whatever manner suits us as indivduals. I think that's why this web-site/forum/chat room (whatever) has nearly 7,000 members. It's not just owning a Harley-Davidson we share in common, it's our independant way of looking at life, our zest for live, our joi de vrie, and similar things we share. Folks find us in a variety of ways as the thread on that topic describes, but it seems that for many, once found never lost. In my three years on the site, I can count on one hand the members who have become active and then left. And you know, it's almost nothing short of a miracle that the member down thread is usually about a friend or relative etc of a member or somebody well known in the community. Of the members who post on a regular basis, I can't think of anyone we've lost. One has to wonder if Brother JR spends all his time beseeching the good LORD to look over each and every one of us. Anyway, my real purpose of writing today was simply to say that irregardless of whatever troubles I may have I am truly happy to wake up each day to a life that is this good. And I thank those of you who are a part of it for being my friends. And I take great comfort in knowing that when my time to take that final ride comes, there are those here that will remember me. The Bible tells us that hell is separation from GOD. Hell for me would also be a world without friends.

Vaya con Dios

B B

AGREED AND BLESSED BECAUSE OF IT.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »

Vaya con Dios

B B

Big Buddy, how wonderful to hear you say this! We all decide how we will deal with the troubles we face in this world. We can choose to be bitter in our circumstances of life or we can choose to be thankful for what we do have. Friendship is a wonderful gift we can overlook and take for granted. I praise God for the friendships I have received from the people of this wonderful site and will remember them always! Thanks Big B, God Bless!

:bananarock:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:56:07 PM by JR »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2008, 09:50:57 PM »

Big Buddy, how wonderful to hear you say this! We all decide how we will deal with the troubles we face in this world. We can choose to be bitter in our circumstances of life or we can choose to be thankful for what we do have. Friendship is a wonderful gift we can overlook and take for granted. I praise God for the friendships I have received from the people of this wonderful site and will remember them always! Thanks Big B, God Bless!

This was just reinforced for me this past weekend. I was able to spend the weekend with my whole family. My mother was talking to Linda about family get togethers and how she makes every effort to bring us all together. I truly am blessed to have my family.

Miss Kitty

• Admiral's Screaming Eagle
  • Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

• CVO1: 09 CUSE {BSR}
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 12:58:08 AM »

I think we should have a weekly inspirational thread here. Maybe JR and Spiderman can help in starting this. Anyone else could feel free to contribute. Any thoughts?

I just joined the CVO site 2 days ago and I would love to contribute. I can offer prayer for those in need
or I could share some inspirational devotions. Just let me know how I can help. Take care and God Bless.

Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty

• Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »

Hi JR. I hope I'm not too late to join up with all of you on the Sunday Sermon. I would really like to contribute
in anyway I can. Could you please get back with me on this? Thank you and God Bless.

Miss Kitty

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2009, 01:11:41 AM »

It's funny this topic has come back up. About a hour ago I was going to make a post asking for Spiderman to chime in here as I hadn't heard his words of wisdom in a few weeks. Well B B?

Miss Kitty

• Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2009, 09:59:18 AM »

It's funny this topic has come back up. About a hour ago I was going to make a post asking for Spiderman to chime in here as I hadn't heard his words of wisdom in a few weeks. Well B B?

Here is something from my "Chicken Soup for the Soul" I would like to share with everyone:
Friends are there, smile or tear.
Friends are there, happiness or fear.
Friends are fun and friends are clever,
and the ties that binds friends will last forever.

Here is some of my favorite scriptures:
Go out into the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Demonstrate more of the fruit of the Spirit in your life, which is "love,
joy, peace, longsuffering, kindnesss, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,
self-control." Galatians 5:22-23

Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who
hate you, and pray for those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44

I hope that you will enjoy these as much as I enjoy sharing them with you. I'm thankful that
I found this particular site. It is one I can really connect with others on. Take care and God Bless.

Miss Kitty

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2009, 10:18:48 AM »

I read through this thread weekly, it just does the heart good!
I ask the Lord each day to watch over all our cvo harley family, and heal those who are sick or injured.
God Bless you all!
Mike

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »

Hi JR. I hope I'm not too late to join up with all of you on the Sunday Sermon. I would really like to contribute
in anyway I can. Could you please get back with me on this? Thank you and God Bless.

Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty...contribute your heart away!!! :2vrolijk_21: Personally, I share from my heart when lead to do so. There is no one person leading this thread and all contributions are welcome so "let er rip tater chip" and God bless!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2009, 11:01:13 AM »

Miss Kitty...contribute your heart away!!! :2vrolijk_21: Personally, I share from my heart when lead to do so. There is no one person leading this thread and all contributions are welcome so "let er rip tater chip" and God bless!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Oh, and by the way Miss Kitty, there is another thread that may be of interest to you. It's called "Any Miracles Out There". Being a believer in prayer, you may have had the opportunity to see some of Gods miracles first hand and be willing to share.

Also may I encourage you to start your own "New" topic if something missing here you would like to see! Gods Sweet Love and Blessings! :2vrolijk_21:

springervett

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer 105th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »

Wow. What a great thread! I have been visiting this site daily for several months now and just came across it. Anyone belong to the Christian Motorcyclist Association? I just joined about a month ago and am looking to get involved in a chapter in my area. There used to be a motorcycle ministry at my church, but the pastor that ran it moved on. Would like to resurrect something like that in Northern Illinois. There are really a great group of people on this site. Praise Jesus. God bless you all!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:42:42 PM by springervett »

Miss Kitty

• Full CVO Member
  • Silver Bullet BSR

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »

Oh, and by the way Miss Kitty, there is another thread that may be of interest to you. It's called "Any Miracles Out There". Being a believer in prayer, you may have had the opportunity to see some of Gods miracles first hand and be willing to share.

Also may I encourage you to start your own "New" topic if something missing here you would like to see! Gods Sweet Love and Blessings! :2vrolijk_21:

Hi JR. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your helpful suggestion and I did take your advice.
I started a new topic called "Chicken Soup for the Soul." Please let me know what you think about it.
Thank you for the inspiration. I really appreciate your support. God Bless.

Miss Kitty
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 12:21:05 AM by Miss Kitty »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2009, 02:40:56 AM »

It's late Saturday night, almost Sunday and I'm sitting here thinking about a lot of different things. Some sane and some inane. (No pun intended, it just came out that way) This website provides a bit of both wouldn't you say ? And sometimes a thread will start out in one direction and morph into many things. This thread for instance wasn't started as a prayer thread, but if anyone wants to offer a prayer or two on it, GOD knows I can use all of em I can get, so pray away. I know I do, but not necessarily the way you do or you or you or you. You see at this point in my life with my children grown and gone and my job as well, I find myself on a spiritual journey. Some of you know this as you've ridden along with me at times on this journey in the past few years. From each of you I've learned something. Far too many things actually to list them all here, but the most important thing is that most people truly do wish to do good during their lives. We tend to get into stupid arguments over the most inconsequential things at times but on the things that matter the most we're all pretty much on the same page. I suppose to some of you, that isn't exactly news but it has been to me. Why ? I suppose because there were times when I was so busy chasing the brass ring that I forgot why I even wanted it in the first place. All I knew was I wanted whatever IT was and there were a lot of other people like me who were in my opinion willing to do whatever it took to get there first. There are of course really people like that, but thankfully not too many. One good thing to come of the tough times we are facing economically speaking these days is that these types of people are more easily exposed. So as I often say, there's good and bad in everything and ferreting out these charletans is a good thing even if we all lose a few bucks along the way. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes and our children and their children will be better for it. Hmmm, I'm a bit off track here -- - - -where was I ?  Ok, prayer, that's the thing. Prayer to me is an affirmation that I am not completely 100% in charge of everything. Prayer is me admitting to myself that maybe, just maybe I could use a bit of help, that I'm neither omnipotent nor invincible. So I speak to GOD. Is my GOD your GOD, I don't know, I've never met mine, let alone yours. BUT, I have seen evidence of his hand and I do believe in him/her. (why not a woman, we say Mother Earth don't we ? ) Anyway, in the course of this spiritual journey I have been on, I have opened my eyes to GOD's hand and have seen so many examples of it that I have come to have a very deep and abiding faith as a result. So now I'm working on the details. The Holy Trinity being the largest of them. I expect I'll get there too and I hope to find some of my answers through my friendship with as many of you as I have the good fortune to meet along the way. GOD knows (LOL) those of you I've already met have contributed greatly. So I'll close by saying that maybe there are others of you who feel as I do; that you're searching for answers. Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 02:44:40 AM by SPIDERMAN »

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:25 AM »

Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B

Amen!
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2009, 05:13:57 PM »

... Ok, prayer, that's the thing. Prayer to me is an affirmation that I am not completely 100% in charge of everything. Prayer is me admitting to myself that maybe, just maybe I could use a bit of help, that I'm neither omnipotent nor invincible. So I speak to GOD. Is my GOD your GOD, I don't know, I've never met mine, let alone yours. BUT, I have seen evidence of his hand and I do believe in him/her. (why not a woman, we say Mother Earth don't we ? ) Anyway, in the course of this spiritual journey I have been on, I have opened my eyes to GOD's hand and have seen so many examples of it that I have come to have a very deep and abiding faith as a result. So now I'm working on the details. The Holy Trinity being the largest of them. I expect I'll get there too and I hope to find some of my answers through my friendship with as many of you as I have the good fortune to meet along the way. GOD knows (LOL) those of you I've already met have contributed greatly. So I'll close by saying that maybe there are others of you who feel as I do; that you're searching for answers. Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B

Hey Big Buddy! It has been a joy to watch you grow on this spiritual journey your on. I'm sure there are many here that are on their own journey and might have some of the same questions or may have some of their own. That is what is good about this thread. There are a couple things you wrote I would like to address how and why I feel about what you said. The first being about God.

Is my God your God? I believe this is so important. I often hear people tell me you worship your God and I'll worship mine, it's all the same God. This is not true according to scripture. There is only one God and He is a jealous God hence the 1st commandment. Those that would argue this are not basing it on scripture, I use to be one of them. I knew nothing of Gods word yet I would tell others what I believe about God. It was on my authority I was speaking not Gods. May I warn those that's not a good place to be because all eternity could rest on it.  Some say I'm narrow minded in believing it's my God or no God. To me it's about Heaven and Hell! Eternity is for everyone, where you spend it depends what you believe about God. Narrow is the gates into heaven! Matthew 7:13-14 13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. I would rather have someone tell it like it is and not worry about hurting my feelings then saying nothing and let me go to Hell!

2nd, I believe God is refered as a He. Again, scripture refers to God as "Father". John 3:16-18  16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Even when one considers the Holy Trinity, God is refered to as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Enjoy your quest on this subject BB. Many try to understand the concept of the trinity. I personally have no problem believing in the trinity. I don't understand how I can push a button and the TV turns on and I can watch the NY Giants loose to the Eagles! :huepfenlol2: I just trust in the contoller to send power to the TV. I once heard an explanation about the trinity given to a little child like this. The trinity is like an apple. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are 3 seperate identities all being God just as the core, meat and skin are 3 seperate identies all being an apple. No arguments from the child and all was accepted. Sound familiar? The bible says we have to come as a child. A child listens and believes. Mark 10:13-16 13 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16 And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.

My journey took me around 4 years of searching about this God and religion thing, is it real? When it all came together I realized how simple it is, even a child can understand. It is us adults that screw it all up and try to make it so hard! I was 38 years old, my journey now is going on 13 years with God and it gets better by each day! As far as God and religion....well that sounds like a great Sunday Sermon for another day!  ;D Gods Sweet Love!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:15:58 PM by JR »

springervett

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer 105th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »

I don't think anyone can have a true comprehension of the Holy Trinity until we actually enter heaven. That said, in addition to the Word, I would recommend reading "The Shack" by William P. Young. Although there are opinions of the book by Christian leaders both positive, and negative, it really helped me put into perspective my understanding of the mystery of the Trinity, and God's love. I have been a Christian for over 30 years, and strive to grow every day (however difficult sometimes) in the Lord. Just my meager 2 cents. God bless.

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »

JR,  Good post.

I enjoy reading and want to recommend one of my favorite authors.  I have read everything that Max Lucado has written.  One of his books that I would like of suggest is "3:16 The Numbers of Hope".  IMO, this is an excellent book.... a book that can help answer questions that some folks may have, whether they are life-long church attenders, or someone that just starting their faith relationship with God.

Here is a link to Max Lucado's website:  http://maxlucado.com/

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2009, 10:57:07 PM »

JR,  Good post.

I enjoy reading and want to recommend one of my favorite authors.  I have read everything that Max Lucado has written.  One of his books that I would like of suggest is "3:16 The Numbers of Hope".  IMO, this is an excellent book.... a book that can help answer questions that some folks may have, whether they are life-long church attenders, or someone that just starting their faith relationship with God.

Here is a link to Max Lucado's website:  http://maxlucado.com/

2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »

JR,
Enjoyed your post, as I always do. Thanks for the spiritual lift your posts provide.
Love you brother!
Mike

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2009, 01:18:35 AM »

It's late Saturday night, almost Sunday and I'm sitting here thinking about a lot of different things. Some sane and some inane. (No pun intended, it just came out that way) This website provides a bit of both wouldn't you say ? And sometimes a thread will start out in one direction and morph into many things. This thread for instance wasn't started as a prayer thread, but if anyone wants to offer a prayer or two on it, GOD knows I can use all of em I can get, so pray away. I know I do, but not necessarily the way you do or you or you or you. You see at this point in my life with my children grown and gone and my job as well, I find myself on a spiritual journey. Some of you know this as you've ridden along with me at times on this journey in the past few years. From each of you I've learned something. Far too many things actually to list them all here, but the most important thing is that most people truly do wish to do good during their lives. We tend to get into stupid arguments over the most inconsequential things at times but on the things that matter the most we're all pretty much on the same page. I suppose to some of you, that isn't exactly news but it has been to me. Why ? I suppose because there were times when I was so busy chasing the brass ring that I forgot why I even wanted it in the first place. All I knew was I wanted whatever IT was and there were a lot of other people like me who were in my opinion willing to do whatever it took to get there first. There are of course really people like that, but thankfully not too many. One good thing to come of the tough times we are facing economically speaking these days is that these types of people are more easily exposed. So as I often say, there's good and bad in everything and ferreting out these charletans is a good thing even if we all lose a few bucks along the way. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes and our children and their children will be better for it. Hmmm, I'm a bit off track here -- - - -where was I ?  Ok, prayer, that's the thing. Prayer to me is an affirmation that I am not completely 100% in charge of everything. Prayer is me admitting to myself that maybe, just maybe I could use a bit of help, that I'm neither omnipotent nor invincible. So I speak to GOD. Is my GOD your GOD, I don't know, I've never met mine, let alone yours. BUT, I have seen evidence of his hand and I do believe in him/her. (why not a woman, we say Mother Earth don't we ? ) Anyway, in the course of this spiritual journey I have been on, I have opened my eyes to GOD's hand and have seen so many examples of it that I have come to have a very deep and abiding faith as a result. So now I'm working on the details. The Holy Trinity being the largest of them. I expect I'll get there too and I hope to find some of my answers through my friendship with as many of you as I have the good fortune to meet along the way. GOD knows (LOL) those of you I've already met have contributed greatly. So I'll close by saying that maybe there are others of you who feel as I do; that you're searching for answers. Have faith, open your heart and you'll find them. I promise you that. I have

B B

B B I'll miss your posts, Vaya con Dios big guy  :(

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2009, 05:59:08 AM »

B B I'll miss your posts, Vaya con Dios big guy  :(
OK, I just saw AJ's post now this one from Roger.  What has happened to Brian? 
My heart is pounding like a freight train!  Is anyone out there that knows what is going on?

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »

I have sent out an email attachment to some of you on this young man named Logan. He is a 13 year old cowboy that touched my heart. I tried to post it here but don't know how to post a wmv file so I found one of him on youtube. It's just his voice but it's good! :2vrolijk_21: Enjoy and be blessed!

Ditch

• Elite CVO Member
  • SoA # 56.345 1/2

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Orange & Black
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:10 AM »

I have sent out an email attachment to some of you on this young man named Logan. He is a 13 year old cowboy that touched my heart. I tried to post it here but don't know how to post a wmv file so I found one of him on youtube. It's just his voice but it's good! :2vrolijk_21: Enjoy and be blessed!

WOW!!!!

Thanks JR!!!!

Enough said!!!!
"Lead don't follow, just don't follow me!!!"

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2009, 02:40:44 PM »

It's a touching audio, wise beyond his years JR.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »

A message from my heart to all brothers and sisters of faith on this wonderful site. I ask, what is Faith and how strong is yours? Hebrews 11:1 says Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Do you trust God, by faith, in All things or only when you come across something you have no control over? This has been a battle for me since my walk with the Lord. So often I have allowed myself to wander away from trusting an all knowing God, to trusting in myself. The out come would always be the same. The more I tried to fix it myself the more miserable I became. When I finally couldn't take it anymore, I would give it up to God. You know what? God always comes through. God would give me confirmation that if I put my trust and faith in Him, He will provide the necessary Grace I need to get me though any trial I am facing. I would thank the Lord and tell myself, I'm giving everything to God. I walk in Peace and Joy when I walk in Faith. I would do good for a while then it seemed I would slowly go down that old path, trusting in myself again until I would come to a breaking point once again. There God was, waiting on me again with open arms. Thankfully, my season of placing my faith in myself is getting shorter as I mature in my walk with God.

You know what? Often I would start down that old road by thinking God didn't need to be burdened by all the little things in my day. I was wrong! God wants to hear from you all day, every day! You see, when I'm seeking God's advise during my day, my focus is on God and I'm in tune to make Godly decisions which in turn pleases God. I am less likely to drift away from God where I stand dangerously alone flirting with a sinful nature that can have consequences I have to live with the rest of my life in this world. Does that mean God doesn't love me? Not at all! His position never changes, He is always there. It is us who wander away! Isaiah 53:6 says We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way, and the Lord has laid on him (self), the iniquity (Sin) of us all. We can be encouraged when we read the bible and see even the prophets and apostles at times struggled down that road. But we also see when they stepped out in Faith...God's Faith there was miracles, peace, joy and power to those that trusted in a holy God!

So brothers and sisters, I want to encourage you to persevere! No matter if you are in a season of plenty or if you are in a season of trials and persecution. Continue to place your faith in a all knowing Holy God that loves you far greater than anyone in this world. I end with the word of God from Hebrews 10:19-25 which says Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another---and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

It is from the love of Christ in my heart from which I write today! May God richly Bless you all!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

fatboy se

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2010, 10:11:25 PM »

JR, IT is good to hear you profess your faith.I have been on this website for a couple of years and this is the first time I have seen this thread. I have been a Christian for over 30 yrs. Senior Pastor for the last 26 yrs. It is good that we all decide we need to change our lives for the better, quit doing this and start doing that, but the thing we must all realize is that we can't do it on our own, we can't save ourselves that's why we need a savior. The Bible speaks of sin being a bondage,we all like to think we can quit or stop when we get ready,but there always comes a time when you find that this thing is bigger than you. You see sin is like a dog that's free to roam his neighborhood all his life until one day someone complains and you are told you have to put him on a chain. He doesn't know he's restrained or bound until he tares out on a run and the chain snatches him off of all four legs, then for the first time he realizes he is bound. There is only one that frees from bondage, His Name Is Jesus!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        If you were to ever meet me I am no different than you or others on this site, I don't push my beliefs on anyone, but will offer to those who ask. I am here to serve.            
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:13:51 PM by fatboy se »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »

Gentleman, it is with deep gratitude that I got to read this tonight. I was just inside, getting ready for bed, and saying my prayers. I was praying that I do His will this week, and that He watches over me while I have to make decisions in my business.  How appropriate that I come here, to where my friends are, and find this as my first and last read of the night. Thank you for showing me the Light. May God Bless and be with you all this week.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2010, 08:01:58 AM »

Thanks JR for your inspiring words.

Craig
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.479 seconds with 21 queries.