Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Big Chief Tablets  (Read 10264 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: Big Chief Tablets
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 08:32:57 PM »

Little house on the prairie? 

Like, is that where you had one? ???

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 08:41:36 PM »

Little house on the prairie? 

Like, is that where you had one? ???

Close to it.  There's some flat land around here in Alabama, but nothing like Kansas.   :coolblue:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 08:51:32 PM »

Man,
Y'all are really old! I don't remember any of that stuff. All I remember is computers. ;D
Yeah! We're real old  :P, around before TV ( not just color ), Remote controls, electronic calculators, digital watches, Velcro,
push button phones, Honda - bikes & cars, space travel ( if you don't count Flash Gordon ), microwave ovens, central air conditioning, and a whole lot of other chit.
But, we had some of he baddest rides in the world! ;D ;D
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »

You must remember what a "slide rule" was.

How about an Abacus?

were the pyramids yet built?

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

REGGAB

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 09:00:23 PM »

Yeah! We're real old  :P, around before TV ( not just color ), Remote controls, electronic calculators, digital watches, Velcro,
push button phones, Honda - bikes & cars, space travel ( if you don't count Flash Gordon ), microwave ovens, central air conditioning, and a whole lot of other chit.
But, we had some of he baddest rides in the world! ;D ;D
Mike

Well, you got a few years on me, Mike.  TV was for the "well-to-do" when I was a kid; I remember my first look at a calculator when I was in the seventh grade, which was about the time I saw an LED watch.  I think hook and pile fasteners have been around alot longer than me.  I remember Trimline phones that you had to rent from Southeastern Bell, Honda----------- :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:.  I remember Dad was stationed in Hawaii at Schoefield Barracks when Apollo 11 flew.  I remember when Mom and Dad bought an Amana Radarange and I tried to "hard nuke" an egg in it........one of the worst ass whoopin's I EVER had, I remember A/C as an aftermarket add on in the Ford Falcon Dad had in Hawaii in 1969.

And then there's those friggin' cell phones........... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:02:03 PM by HML »

REGGAB

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »

How about an Abacus?

Yessir.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 09:21:16 PM »

Well, you got a few years on me, Mike.  TV was for the "welted" when I was a kid; I remember my first look at a calculator when I was in the seventh grade, which was about the time I saw an LED watch.  I think hook and pile fasteners have been around alot longer than me.  I remember Trimline phones that you had to rent from Southeastern Bell, Honda----------- :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:.  I remember Dad was stationed in Hawaii at Schoefield Barracks when Apollo 11 flew.  I remember when Mom and Dad bought an Amana Radarange and I tried to "hard nuke" an egg in it........one of the worst ass whoopin's I EVER had, I remember A/C as an aftermarket add on in the Ford Falcon Dad had in Hawaii in 1969.

And then there's those friggin' cell phones........... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
My Dad was in charge of the seven original astronauts during project Mercury.I was at the cape when John Glenn took his first ride in space. I was in mission control for the blast-off. That was a blast! :orange:
Also remember party lines.
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »

How about an Abacus?

Yes! I have even used one a time or two. ;)
Yes!
Yes!
Mike

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 09:36:15 PM »

Henry, we must be about the same age.  Dad & Mom had a 55 Olds when I was a kid... no A/C (looked just like the one Burt Reynolds had in WW & the Dixie Dance Kings).  They finally upgraded to a 62 Olds with A/C -- I thought we were rich folks then (and that car had the coolest speedometer)

No central air when I was a kid.  We had a swamp-cooler -- worked great in the arid climate of the Texas panhandle... when we moved to Oklahoma the swamp-cooler wasn't so great due to much higher humidity.  We finally got a window unit A/C in the mid 60's.... now that was awesome.  Dad wouldn't run it at night.... cost way too much to run it after the sun went down and it cooled down enough to open the windows (never turn the climate control off now - switch from A/C to heat when the seasons change)

I remember the first color television my parents owned (probably about the same time we got the window A/C).  Gave a whole new dimension to Saturday morning cartoons :huepfenjump3:

Dang life was good back then ;)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 09:39:28 PM »

Close to it.  There's some flat land around here in Alabama, but nothing like Kansas.   :coolblue:

Oh, I was referring more to the period in history, then the location...

Plasmaman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • Metal Art at The Wells Company
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »

OMG...this thread really took me back, WAY back! I may predate Big Chiefs!  I grew up in Colorado, and remember sticking our tongues to the flag pole in winter, and having it stick there for an embarassing amount of time. ANd I remember the first TV on the block. Hated the kids, but would do ANYthing to get to go there to watch the Lone Ranger in B&W.  That took some major "suck-up" .  And then when we finally got a TV, it had a postage sized screen, rabbit ears, and my parents never watched anything except the news.

Remember Dinah Shore, many years later, singing "Seeee the UUUSA, in your Chevvrolet"?  Our childhoods were really during the best times in America. The fifties, with nothing more to worry about than what the back seat of a '57 Chevy looked like on a double date!

Remember in grade school, doing nuclear bomb drills at school?  Like not looking out the window and getting under your desk was really going to save your sweet ash?

My gosh, what memories your Big Chief tablet  has dredged up from the bomb shelter!

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 09:42:35 PM »

Oooops again. Plasmaman did NOT post the prior note. Abbynormal has again forgotten to log him off before posting her own nonsense.  Sorry.

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 09:52:33 PM »

Henry, we must be about the same age.  Dad & Mom had a 55 Olds when I was a kid... no A/C (looked just like the one Burt Reynolds had in WW & the Dixie Dance Kings).  They finally upgraded to a 62 Olds with A/C -- I thought we were rich folks then (and that car had the coolest speedometer)

No central air when I was a kid.  We had a swamp-cooler -- worked great in the arid climate of the Texas panhandle... when we moved to Oklahoma the swamp-cooler wasn't so great due to much higher humidity.  We finally got a window unit A/C in the mid 60's.... now that was awesome.  Dad wouldn't run it at night.... cost way too much to run it after the sun went down and it cooled down enough to open the windows (never turn the climate control off now - switch from A/C to heat when the seasons change)

I remember the first color television my parents owned (probably about the same time we got the window A/C).  Gave a whole new dimension to Saturday morning cartoons :huepfenjump3:

Dang life was good back then ;)

Come the last day of this month, you'll have me by two years or so.  Swamp coolers.  I remember those.  They still use them out west today.  Hasn't been many weeks since I've done a "RON" near Gallup, NM with a busted airplane.....waitin' on parts.  Small place in which we bunked had one.  Works great.  Older aircraft had an ENCU that cooled by compressing air then rapidly expanding it.  It gets cold enough to blow ice chips, BUT if we were full of ammo, we couldn't afford the power loss from bleed air off the power turbine.  Newer aircraft use Fairchild R-134 A/C.  Great Stuff.
Man I'd die here in Alabama without A/C.  We have a heat pump, and even though it is hovering around freezing outside right now, we haven't cranked it yet.  There's 500 gallons of propane in a tank buried out back that runs a fireplace, which does a great job of keeping the house warm.

Anywho............I spent my early childhood without A/C except in that old Falcon in Hawaii and in the Olds Dad bought when he PCS'd back to CONUS.  First taste of central A/C was when we moved from Michigan to Georgia in 1973.  Haven't been without it since.

I remember when HBO started up.  Dad got it.  Walked in with tender ears to "Carwash."  I never thought I'd hear the word "chit" or the "f' bomb come out of a TV.  Now look at that thing...........it's a virtual potty speaker.   :huepfenlol2:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »

Our first TV had a round screen and we only had one station on air from 6AM till 10 PM.
Remember Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, Loretta Young, Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody & Buffalo Bob Smith, Roy Rodgers, Gabby Hayes, Jack Benny?
Mike
 :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 10:03:33 PM »

Mikey, it pains me to say that I remember ALL of those programs/folks. On the other hand, maybe I should be grateful that my mind is still capable of recalling event so long in the past. It is the short-term memory that has me stymied now, like where did I put that ice cold beer that plasmaman just asked me to bring him??? It could be on the dryer, still in the fridg, or maybe I took it to him....hmmmm, let me think.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.869 seconds with 21 queries.