Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Scared to buy a 2019 CVO Road Glide  (Read 9033 times)

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
Re: Scared to buy a 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2019, 12:48:44 AM »

I have almost 9000 miles on my Grand America (1600B with tourpak) and bike is absolutely a "E" ticket ride! I still love my Harleys and for sure the GTS system on the new bike destroys BMW's communication system. The nav system on the BMW is horrible as is the bluetooth and audio system (rear speakers blew on the way home from delivery..) but performance wise it is absolutely insane! Bike came with 160 HP and I immediately had a BMW tech that the GM at my Harley dealer turned me onto "jailbreak" the ECM eliminating the speed limiter that was set at 101 MPH and and waking up the power that BMW de tuned. Now has crazy quick throttle and an additional 14 HP. My GPS reads top speed at 142 MPH but I was in 5th gear and ran out of both real estate and courage before I could shift into 6th..
Harley and BMW totally different bikes with different strengths. Of course I hate dealing with the sumping issues I ave had to deal with on the Harley but still end up riding the Harley more than the BMW.
Might need to talk to my therapist about this and figure out why...
Two different animals for sure. Did you send the ECM to Brentuning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2019, 11:23:08 PM »

Two different animals for sure. Did you send the ECM to Brentuning?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
the BMW tech broke down the Bren tune box completely and came then up with his own version that also includes upgrading the quick shifter the the version on the HP4 which is crazy fast. He does all the work live on a Dyno just like a real tune. Not that this is a good thin g but a group of Hells Angels bought the BMW Baggers and he did their tunes. He has a video of one of them coming down a side street by his shop on a GA and he is holding a radar gun which read 187 MPH. Crazy stuff!!
Alan

bf2002flht

• Junior CVO Member
  • for sale
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2019, 11:57:12 PM »

the BMW tech broke down the Bren tune box completely and came then up with his own version that also includes upgrading the quick shifter the the version on the HP4 which is crazy fast. He does all the work live on a Dyno just like a real tune. Not that this is a good thin g but a group of Hells Angels bought the BMW Baggers and he did their tunes. He has a video of one of them coming down a side street by his shop on a GA and he is holding a radar gun which read 187 MPH. Crazy stuff!!

Do you have his contact information? Thanks

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 01:08:19 AM »

Do you have his contact information? Thanks
PM sent
Alan
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.