Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Cause of misfire/elect.failure/???  (Read 42983 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: Cause of misfire/elect.failure/???
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2008, 09:12:01 PM »

You still got your butt in one piece isn't that enough? ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:nixweiss:  Somebody been in the chicken wine?!?!  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »

Well chit, your right!
          :oops:

New note to self,
Ask Brian first and send him $75.
If he's not sure, call dOOd and get advice from him.
Try to negotiate lower rate of $65 since I done spent $75 on Brian.

:2vrolijk_21:

Chithead!!!!! :ROFLOL:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2008, 09:15:19 PM »

:nixweiss:  Somebody been in the chicken wine?!?!  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2: :oops:

Nope, been awhile. :-\

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

gflvette2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1999 FXR3 Blue
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI LAVA RED SUNGLO
    • CVO3: 1984 FLHX SHOVELHEAD Special Edition EG
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »

You guys are HOT S*IT, You all are great!!! Lots of fun hearing /reading all your comments. But remember, as Mike said "the fuel tank" I still have a project ahead. I 'll be OK for a while but it will get done at the end of the season.  If anyone knows of a better product then Kreem, (which has been on the market for many many years so it must be pretty good) Please let me know. Good work men. TY, G.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:54:41 PM by gflvette2 »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »

Nope, been awhile. :-\

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I tried to send you some.

All you had to do was say you didn't want any!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 09:18:53 PM »

Well after three weeks of agony the problem has been resolved and we are now waiting for "JOY" to arrive. Today I brought the bike to me friends garage and as I mentioned previously, he is a great mechanic(besides being a former Marine). He placed a scope and checked all the electronics. We also cleaned the carb, cleaned the jets where we found somemore tank lining, remover the bottom of the carb where the float is and cleaned everything. the electronic problem was the regulator, plain and simple. I didn't get the chrome replacement for ten dollars more because I would have had to wait a week before it came in to HD. But I now have a good running bike. I feel good.The chrome regulator costs $110.00. I asked HD what the cost of a new tank would be. So he looks it up and said it's $1,330.00 and it's obsolete. So when the season is over, The tank will be removed and he has a different method of removing the inside liner, then we will do the Kreem regiment to recoat the tank. He had his tank done using a commercial type lining but the person who did it is now out of business and he don't remember the product used. But he will try to find out the information and we have time before we do it so...... If anyone knows something better than Kreem please advise me. My bud said Kreem is pretty good but there are better products  like that that was used on his tank.  So "Thank You " for all the advise and I'm real happy that the bike is running real good. You Guys are the Best!!!

Best to all of you,

George :apple:

Well, F.  I checked on a tank before I got mine in February -- stil available.  Now, 6 months later, SOL! >:(  SOB, shoulda got one then, F! :o

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2008, 09:20:46 PM »

I tried to send you some.

All you had to do was say you didn't want any!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

"Chicken Wine" =

Little bit different then the wine you were speaking of.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »

Well, F.  I checked on a tank before I got mine in February -- stil available.  Now, 6 months later, SOL! >:(  SOB, shoulda got one then, F! :o

Ebay man Ebay!

Take a few lessons from Mr. Chicken Wine himself and the world is at your fingertips.
Or at least until wifey says, "I'm gonna ring that dOOd's neck for teaching you about Ebay!

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2008, 09:25:35 PM »

I didn't bother to read every little bit of advice since I only just saw this, but when I read Hoist's suggestion of a battery first, it made me wonder how many dollars all the suggestions would add up to if the regulator was the last thing tried being the first thing suggested?

Just a wandering thought..............

Glad to hear the problem is resolved.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »

I didn't bother to read every little bit of advice since I only just saw this, but when I read Hoist's suggestion of a battery first, it made me wonder how many dollars all the suggestions would add up to if the regulator was the last thing tried being the first thing suggested?

Just a wandering thought..............

Glad to hear the problem is resolved.

That's why Brian and dOOd deserve "ATTABOYS"!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »

That's why Brian and dOOd deserve "ATTABOYS"!

KUDOS to the boys............... :bananarock:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2008, 12:51:43 AM »

George...

glad you have most of this figured out....it's great to have someone you trust to help out.....you received some great advice from everyone....KUDOS to all.....

Now go out and put 400-500 miles on the bike and make sure everything is fixed......

$1,330.00 for a friggen tank....with blue flames...and they are obsolete....what did HD only make 2 extra or what....

Actually, I think I would check into that story a bit more....I am not saying I am even close to being right about this....but I always thought if something happened to your "tins" they would actually require the one you had a "problem" with and require it to be returned and they would prepare a new one.....sort of a "swap" procedure.......I suppose this requires a call to Customer Service at HD.....I have no basis to justify my position other than the logic that these are CVO bikes and if something happens they would be in a position to repair....even if it took them six months to paint a new one in order to fit it into their schedule.....I do realize other parts go obsolete but I would never had thought that the painting of a tank would.....Jenni would be a good source for this answer....but who wants to bother her for a "generic" question when you aren't planning to buy anything.....

So does anyone have the "facts" on this matter.....or does everyone believe the communication Jorge received was accurate..... :nixweiss:

Howie, you better wrap that tank when you start puttin them MONKEY APES on Joy...... :bananarock:

I am glad George is peeking around the corner.....and sees a clear road ahead....... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:54:08 AM by FXR2evo99 »

elvislee

« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2008, 01:20:53 AM »

George...

glad you have most of this figured out....it's great to have someone you trust to help out.....you received some great advice from everyone....KUDOS to all.....

Now go out and put 400-500 miles on the bike and make sure everything is fixed......

$1,330.00 for a friggen tank....with blue flames...and they are obsolete....what did HD only make 2 extra or what....

Actually, I think I would check into that story a bit more....I am not saying I am even close to being right about this....but I always thought if something happened to your "tins" they would actually require the one you had a "problem" with and require it to be returned and they would prepare a new one.....sort of a "swap" procedure.......I suppose this requires a call to Customer Service at HD.....I have no basis to justify my position other than the logic that these are CVO bikes and if something happens they would be in a position to repair....even if it took them six months to paint a new one in order to fit it into their schedule.....I do realize other parts go obsolete but I would never had thought that the painting of a tank would.....Jenni would be a good source for this answer....but who wants to bother her for a "generic" question when you aren't planning to buy anything.....

So does anyone have the "facts" on this matter.....or does everyone believe the communication Jorge received was accurate..... :nixweiss:

Howie, you better wrap that tank when you start puttin them MONKEY APES on Joy...... :bananarock:

I am glad George is peeking around the corner.....and sees a clear road ahead....... :2vrolijk_21:

Regards,

Tim

They (tanks painted) are showing up on Bike Bandit for $831.00 and a bit over $400.00 unpainted (primered). Bike Bandit is not showing them as obsolete or discontinued and they (Bike Bandit) usually state if a part is obsolete or discontinued. Bike Bandit would have to get all OEM parts from Harley would they not?  :nixweiss:  :confused5:

Glad to hear things are starting to clear up a bit on that purty blue 3 George...Best to ya and Semper Fi!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:07:23 AM by elvislee »

RedFXR2

« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2008, 07:04:57 AM »

George, I'm just glad the problem got solved.  When I had identical symptoms, I got as far as swapping the coil and testing the voltage regulator before a guy in my local shop told me to check the fuel supply and that turned out to be my problem.  At least a voltage regulator isn't terribly expensive, easy to replace, and not discontinued.

About the expensive tank, remember HD only made (painted, actually) 64 of those things to begin with so it's not surprising that none are on shelves anywhere.  But I am surprised that they can't make one to order--maybe (probably) they wouldn't want to but that's a different issue.  The tanks are still readily available--all we're talking about is paint and I'm sure it's around,, and I figure there's a pattern somewhere for the flames and emblem.

If you go the Kreem or POR15 route, be very careful about protecting the paint and you won't need a new tank.

And I'd get HD touch-up paint and take multiple pictures of the tank as well.  A good custom painter could easily replicate the factory job if it came to that--probably for less than the factory wants, anyway.

Anyway, glad the drama is over.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.