Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddlebag Lights  (Read 824 times)

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Saddlebag Lights
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:58:57 AM »

Has anyone installed the saddlebag lights on the 07 SEUC? What did you do for wiring them?

I have them installed but chose not to connect to the tour pak lighting wires as there must be a harness available or a splitter for the plug. Saddlebag lights have 3 wires and tour pak has 2. Any info???  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Kelly
I'm not broke, just badly bent!

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Saddlebag Lights
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »

There's a connector under the seat that you use.  The spoilers should have come with the harness to get there.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:02:28 PM »

Might be a bit of confusion. I'm talking about led lights that mount under tour pak which are like the interior tour pak light.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »

That definitely shed a little light on which lights you were referring to!!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  I looked at doing to 06, but didn't feel the curvature of the tourpak vs the light housing matched close enough to work for me.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 07:16:42 PM »

Well, I found out the light in tour pak does not include harness. The harness is built/ wired into the tour pak light if purchased as an accessory. Not a problem. I will just wire directly into there with butt connectors.

scewtr

• SCEWTR - IV
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 07:43:52 AM »

ima29,

I have the same lights and the same problem.  Let me know if you figure it out.  I hard wired mine, but the timer-off will not work.  I think (guess) that the misterious white wire is some sort of control wire that is controlled by the main tour-pak light.  I do not know why the hell it is set up the way it is, but it is frustrating.  Supposedly each light contains a micro-switch and a timer, but they will not work by just giving them 12 volts.

What is irritating is that I could have purchased other lights for less $$, but I usually like to support the MoCo.  Now I have buggered up the lights so badly (trying to get them to work) that I am sure they will not take them back.

Good luck (let us know if you figure it out)

scewtr

ima29

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:32:18 AM »

Hey scewtr,

You sound like me. We could have saved ourselves $40 and bought the 3 light kit which has harness attached to the tour pak light. Kind of unbelievable that they made a morphodite just for these SEUCs. Why didn't they install what they already had in production, duh!!!

Well anyway I'm going to try and get a wiring diagram or attempt to burn out all 3 lights and go ahead and purchase the entire kit. I'll let you know unless someone else here has some ideas.

Kelly

Page created in 0.605 seconds with 22 queries.