Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update on Paint Concerns on Duracell (Nov. 28 post)  (Read 611 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Update on Paint Concerns on Duracell (Nov. 28 post)
« on: January 11, 2008, 09:36:34 AM »

Hi All,

It appears that the overlap in the gold leaf pin striping on the TP lid is normal as many of you suggested... I was at my dealer yesterday to inspect the replacement lid which was sent under a warranty claim.  Well, it is exactly the same and possibly even more of an overlap than my original.  I have taken note of the numbers inside the lid to compare with mine just to see if the same person painted both???  Looks like I'll be sticking with the original.

However, I must say how wonderful my dealer has been at looking after my concerns.  Not only did they get the TP lid sent in, they also had a saddle bag sent due to a scratch (that I didn't notice prior to the service manager) and they had a new seat sent to replace the original seat - The seat cover was stitched on incorrectly and didn't line up in the center (considerably out of line), so they had a new replacement one sent.

Although I'm still miffed about the TP lid, the dealer did a great job looking after all the other concerns including the one problem that they picked out prior to me receiving the bike... Great job performed by a great dealer - Davies H-D of Richmond Hill, Ontario.
 :2vrolijk_21:

ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.