Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black heat shields  (Read 826 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Black heat shields
« on: April 10, 2009, 01:11:57 PM »

I took my heat shields off today to see what it would look like without the ugly black plastic.
IMHOP it definitely looks better without.  I know that when it starts getting warm here they will be going back on.
Has anyone made any visual improvements to the existing heat shield or replaced with a better looking aftermarket?
If so how about a few pictures.
I was told by the dealer of a guy having his painted to match.  I did not get to see it. 
I would think durability for paint on plastic with all that heat and potential flexing could be problematic.
Any ideas?
guppytrash
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:44:42 PM by guppytrash »

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
Re: Black heat shields
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »

Take them off...buy some spray adhesive and get yourself some black leather.  Spray with the adhesive and wrap them with the leather.  Grab some small leather studs or what ever kind of bling you want and put in what ever location you wish. 

J
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 04:45:38 PM »

Is there any problem with the glue and the heat? Have you done this, any pics? Thanks
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 07:50:38 AM »

I took my heat shields off today to see what it would look like without the ugly black plastic.
IMHOP it definitely looks better without.  I know that when it starts getting warm here they will be going back on.
Has anyone made any visual improvements to the existing heat shield or replaced with a better looking aftermarket?
If so how about a few pictures.
I was told by the dealer of a guy having his painted to match.  I did not get to see it. 
I would think durability for paint on plastic with all that heat and potential flexing could be problematic.
Any ideas?
guppytrash

:worthless:

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 22 queries.