Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Wheeldock centerstand  (Read 8770 times)

cvogeorge

Re: Wheeldock centerstand
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »

I just ordered one for my FLTRUSE. They are on sale now for $249 with free shipping. :mango:

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »

I am still trying to lesrn how to deploy the thing. Have dropped the bike twice. Ain't funny. :-[

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 09:17:16 PM »

I am still trying to lesrn how to deploy the thing. Have dropped the bike twice. Ain't funny. :-[

Just be sure that when you go to lower it that you have the kickstand down. This way if the bike falls to the left it lands on the kickstand. If it falls to the right you have your right leg free to support you.

Falcon 2000

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide Ultra CVO
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

Anybody interested in a Harley-Davidson 09 and newer center stand? The arm has been extended 6 inches so you can get your foot on it to left the bike. Make a offer.
Why don't you like the stand? Or why are you selling?
Thanks

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »

Quote from Falcon 2000:

Why don't you like the stand? Or why are you selling?
Thanks

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy the HD center stand...  :wall: :furious2:    Man, I made a 300.00 mistake going with that HD center stand...  

Just a few comments on the HD nd, if in the garage, with the tiles, there is no frigging way that I can put the stand while sitting on the bike... I just can't do it. Very difficult to get my boot in there, and darn thing slips as I try to push it back... plus 5'7" does not help to push this 800lbs gorilla back!  I also forgot to read the fine print on the center stand. The stand can't touch the exhaust... in my case it was touching the exhaust, the pipe that crosses over to the left muffler.

Anyway, when I extended the two plates out to avoid the stand touching the exhaust (the one touching is the left side, if sitting on bike), it makes the stand lift the rear wheel off the floor... remember I am 5'7" that means that if I could not do it with the footpads shorter I have no way in h* to put that friggin thing down with the footpads 2 inches longer!! ^$%$%%$#

Other than that, it works great!  :D  Oh, and that last photo of the bike with the stand in place, do not be fooled... I had to raise the bike with the jack, lower the stand in place and then lower the jack... whoopee doo! :-\
If you want peace, prepare for war.

cvogeorge

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »

The centerstand got delivered by UPS today. Very easy to install. I have had several Japanese bikes in the past and this beast was easier to put up on the centerstand than any of those. I was even able to put it up on the stand while on the bike. Was a little squirrely at first.  It feels like it wants to fall to the left until both stand feet get on the ground and you get most of your weight on the chrome lever. Just make sure you keep the jiffy stand down when you try for the peace of mind in case it falls to the left. I found it easier to get leverage if the lever is in either the ball of your foot or in the arch and not on your heal. When you put your weight on the lever you have to ensure your weight is off the seat and it pops right up. It is very stable, just ensure you get the extra 1/4 inch added to the legs of the stand. To get it off the stand I just have to rock forward a bit and it comes right off. Sure takes up less room in the garage now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.