Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wild One 575s  (Read 3737 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Wild One 575s
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 09:49:12 PM »

Jerry, I've sat on a Road Glide with the 517 bars.  For me it was terrible.  Terrible wrist and elbow position.  One of the most uncomfortable bar/bike/seating positions I've ever sat on a bike.  On my old 2000 RG I used the 10" apes that Jim mentioned above.  They look good; not so tall as to look "ape-y" behind the fairing and because all the fairing and nacelle are there you can tilt them back a bit.  This still looks "right" and really helps the feel.  Will put up images from different angles to illustrate as well as I can.
Thanks Don.  That looks pretty good.  So those are the 515 mini apes?  They are wider that the 575s by 1.5" and the 575s are pretty wide.  Does that present any problem at all?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »

Thanks Don.  That looks pretty good.  So those are the 515 mini apes?  They are wider that the 575s by 1.5" and the 575s are pretty wide.  Does that present any problem at all?

Yes, they are the 515s.  I've got 515s on the SERG and 575s on the SEEG.  So it's easy to make the comparison.  The width is a small difference.  You feel it.  But it's not much.  My shoulders prefer the 515s over the 575s.  But they like both sets of bars.  So it's a difference between good and just a tiny bit better.

Had one of the locals think he wanted 575s on a Road Glide a couple years ago.  When he tried he didn't care for the look of the bars within the bike.  I wasn't quite as dismissive of the appearance as he was but I preferred the look of the 515s through the nacelle in between the inner fairing also.  Since they feel good in there too it's a win-win.

What are you doing Wednesday next week?  Right now that looks like a good day to ride.  Want to meet in Russellville, annoy Pizza Killer for lunch and try the old SERG for feel to see if you like the bars on a Road Glide in person?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:33:37 AM by Twolanerider »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »

What are you doing Wednesday next week?  Right now that looks like a good day to ride.  Want to meet in Russellville, annoy Pizza Killer for lunch and try the old SERG for feel to see if you like the bars on a Road Glide in person?
Well that looks like a possibility.  Let's see how the weather holds up and decide as we get closer.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 02:16:35 PM »

Well that looks like a possibility.  Let's see how the weather holds up and decide as we get closer.

That's a plan :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.