Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Wind deflector for RGU  (Read 7043 times)

Thermodyne

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
Re: Wind deflector for RGU
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »

I've had them on mine for going on two years.  They do calm the air behind the wind screen.  I run a tall screen, not sure how well they work with the short ones.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 08:26:26 PM »

On the long ride home from work today, I made notice of how the wind felt especially my ears and sunglasses.
I stopped after a bit and put the plastic OEM plastic pieces back on. Couldn't tell a difference in the riders seat.

So...for me the rider, little to now difference.
For my wife (BSR), chre fork bezel on, plastic OEM deflectors off was smoother.

Remember, this is with the lowers OFF.

E-Skunk

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 10:43:15 PM »

That is interesting. 

The lower single deflector used to be standard on the early twin cam touring models then for some reason they stopped using it on production bikes.   Anyone know why or did the MoCo just decide that they would sell it rather then furnishing it? :nixweiss:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »

That is interesting. 

The lower single deflector used to be standard on the early twin cam touring models then for some reason they stopped using it on production bikes.   Anyone know why or did the MoCo just decide that they would sell it rather then furnishing it? :nixweiss:

This would be my guess. Double dipping. Save on all the installs, make more sales.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »

Phantom,
Does the "2011 FLTRU" under you name mean that's the bike you're looking for?  If so, it was a stock item and should have come with the bike.  I'm assuming you're not referring to your SEEG.  See the link Jerry posted:

"FLTR Wind Deflector Kit
Easy-to-install, these snap-fit Wind Deflectors reduce and redirect the air flow that rises between the fairing and fork tubes. The resulting reduction in updraft can dramatically reduce buffeting for many riders. Stock on '11 CVO™ Road Glide®. "

If so, I'd get your money back....   ;)

Sorry guys, I forgot all about this thread and have been busy lately. Greg, I have an '11 Road Glide Ultra ...  but not the CVO. My bike didn't come with any deflectors at all. I bought the cheap plastic ones and they helped a lot. I still get some buffeting on the highway if following a big truck ... even if I hang back away from it. I either slow down and let it get way ahead or just pass it.

Rob, I noticed since I put the chrome fork deflector on it took away what the plastic deflectors do so I think you're right about both together seems to be counterproductive. I don't mind the air blowing on me when its warm, but I hate how the air sneaks under the fairing and blows on me when its chilly out ... that's the only thing I hate about this bike. I've been wanting to try taking the fork deflector off, but I'm lazy and also like how it looks so its still on there.   
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.