Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Run to the redwoods 2015......  (Read 14513 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Run to the redwoods 2015......
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:51:54 PM »

I left work here in San Diego around noon last Wed. and headed north on I-5.  Uneventful for the most part until I got close to Santa Nella on I-5.  My bike said I had ten miles left on my gas and the gas station was only three more miles.....no problem.

Two miles later I was coasting to the side of the freeway.....completely out of gas.  I tried rocking it, etc. to no avail.  I spent my whole life talking bad about people that run out of gas but at 64 I experience first hand........out in the middle on no where!    Thank God for Road America!

While I was waiting for the truck to bring gas I sent a text to Andy telling him.  He had a one word reply "rookie". :P  His next text said "just think hot tub....hot tub.....hot tub".

Forty minutes later I'm rolling down the freeway towards civilization.  I can hardly wait to get to Andy's to see Phase I, the entrance and pool deck, to Andy & Sherry's exterior renovation.  Upon arrival I noticed immediately, before even entering the driveway, dramatic differences from the last time I was there.

The entrance gate with an interesting water feature built in the fence next to the gate.....

and then these panels of cut stone that's semi-transparent and let's light shine through....

There are several fire pits and several water features on the pool deck (you'll have to excuse the blurred photos)...

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Run to the redwoods 2015......
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:52:55 PM »

and water falls at both ends of the pool....the two story guest house on the side of the hill behind the pool.

and one of Andy's friends.....

Sunrise as I came out of the guest house.....

Andy, Sherry it's incredibly beautiful and far nicer than I could even imagine as you described it.  Once the planters and plants are in it will be even more beautiful!  I can't wait to see Phase 2 get completed.  :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:35:24 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:54:08 PM »

The next morning I went straight over to Metal Dragon for Jim to do a service.....where Don and Andy showed up.  Also arriving at Metal Dragon for the first time is an old friend of mine for the past 25 years and a new to him CVO owner, Scott aka SScooter5150. 

Riding I-880, a five lane wide freeway....I noticed a little bike on the right shoulder and as I rode by in the second lane the lady yelled something at me.  I pulled to the shoulder to learn that she had run out of gas.  Considering what had happened to me a day earlier, out on I-5, out in the middle of no where, I was very understanding.

I couldn't pronounce her name, let alone spell it but she was a very nice lady.  She explained to me that she was from Gutemala and that she'd rode this bike to California from there.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »

Scott and I went for breakfast while Jim was servicing my bike....

Don showed up at the shop......very impatient to hit the road....

As usual at Jim's shop......CVO row

and then Andy rolled in on one of his CVOs

I remember when this big boy was just a pup....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »

Finally, Andy, Don, Scott and I are rolling north....

a glimpse of San Francisco as we rode over the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge

This car passes me and I quickly realize that these are real bullet holes and not the fake ones.  Notice the passenger...

On Hwy. 101 headed north

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 09:56:46 PM »

arriving in the late afternoon we headed straight to the historic Samoa Cookhouse for dinner.  http://www.samoacookhouse.net/

There was to be a large car show this same weekend so the cars were every where including the Samoa Cookhouse...

Inside, the same tables that many lumber men and women ate at and so you will be seated at a table with others and it's all served family style (ie large bowl of  potatoes, large bowl of salad, large plate of meat, etc.).  One price and you eat until you can't eat anymore.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:26 PM »

Heading back over the bridges to Eureka....

and of course the token stop by the Carson Mansion....  http://www.ingomar.org/photos-mansion.html

and another old victorian in Old Town Eureka

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 09:58:09 PM »

and finally our home for the evening, Best Western Fortuna, Ca.  Looks like it would be a nice home base for a GTG.

This hotel has an interesting pool.....half outside and half inside.

West Coast GTG   

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 10:03:16 PM »

Great photos JC.  Thanks for sharing.  Awesome looking pool area Andy.  I'll have to get down for a visit some time.

Cheers, Moe
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 10:06:22 PM »

Outstanding JC!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 11:06:44 PM »

We stopped by Redwood Harley Davidson.  Found an interesting t-shirt.....

Beautiful countryside in this part of our great state.  But there were plenty of areas that reflect the damages of our drought.  Let's hope this is our last year and we have a very wet winter.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »

Rivers that are usually flowing heavy.....after years of a drought....now nothing more than a trickle creek with a lot of bare bottom.

Heading south on Hwy. 101 to our Fri night's destination, Best Western Garberville, we take the more scenic route.....35 miles along Avenue of The Giants.  If you've never been here before there are four or five roads that every rider should ride at least once in their life....the Million Dollar Hwy, Bear Tooth Pass, Tail of the Dragon, California's Hwy.1 (aka PCH or Pacific Coast Hwy.) and of course....The Avenue of The Giants.  It's one of those roads that if your parents brought you here as a child....you still remember it.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 11:08:31 PM »

The Immortal Tree....

To give you perspective, this is a close up of the base of the Immortal Tree...enough lumber to build several homes in this one tree.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 11:09:14 PM »

Ferndale is an old victorian town that you'll all want to visit.  Only the sign this time....

http://www.victorianferndale.com/

CVOs make a great contrast for these woods....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 12:15:27 AM »

We finally arrived at our destination, the Best Western in Garberville, Calif.  Garberville is most widely known for being home of the Redwood Run.....the largest run in Calif.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 12:16:27 AM »

Now I've met a hell of a lot of people on this forum.  And I've met many on Pashnit and a few on Adv. Rider.  Many of these people have remained friends for years.  And some of you may remember me posting back in 2009 about a friend of mine from New York that was riding a Ural with side car from Wash. state, down the Pacific coast and then all the way back across country.  Here is a link to his ride report.....  http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/the-ramblings-of-a-uralogist-a-cross-country-adventure-on-three-wheels.781149/

Tom came back out to California about nine months ago.  Visited me here in Coronado and then rode down to Baja California, Mexico.  On that trip Tom road up to the redwoods and out to the Lost Coast to the little town of Shelter Cove.  Long story short.....Tom rode back to New York, sold his bed N breakfast lodge in upstate New York, flew back out to Calif. and bought an unfinished home in Shelter Cove.

So....Tom rode the half hour or so over to our hotel and spent several hours visiting with the three of us.  It was damn hot so we hung outside for awhile.....let the A/C catch up inside.

Tom has some interesting motorcycles and vehicles.  Here's his Yamaha.  This is the same bike that he rode across country to visit last year and then rode down into Mexico on it before returning back to NY.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 12:17:15 AM »

The next morning, Sat., before we head back south we decided to take Tom up on his offer to visit.  We rode over to Shelter Cove.....one way in and one way out on 35 miles of nonstop twistys.

This is the home that Tom bought.  It's unfinished.  The builder is on vacation, courtesy of the state of California for growing California's number one cash crop.....marijuana.

and Tom's Unimog.  I told you he's got some very interesting vehicles....a Volkswagon Westfalia 4x4, a Vette with built motor, etc. etc.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 12:18:05 AM »

a view from his second floor balcony...over looking the air strip and ocean....

Our bikes are parked on the edge of the air strip....real close to the signs that say "No Parking".  :P

and Tom's creative artistic side is evidenced by this flower pot made out of an engine block......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:03 AM »

Here's the little boat launch at their little marina....

They use a big wheeled tractor to launch the boats....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:33 AM »

and this is Black Sand Beach (see the 69 sign on the beach)....

My token pic for Jock....

Homeward bound.....southbound on Hwy 101...

It was a great time.  The three of us have been up in this area several times over the years.....it was just like the old days.  If you've hung with us this far then you might as well know that this little excursion was in preparation for the 2016 Western CVO Owner's GTG.....the CVO Owners Redwood Run.

If you plan to attend next year you will see and experience all of this first hand and a few other surprises.  Did you know The Lost Coast is just a few miles from here.  And did you know the area where Big Foot has been sighted more than anywhere else on earth is near by.  And the Big Foot Museum is in Willow Creek.

For more pics of the redwoods, the Samoa Cookhouse and many other things that you may or may not see next year, see this link....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=69682.msg966502#msg966502

West Coast GTG   

sscooter5150

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 02:04:42 AM »

A special thanks to Andy, Don and of course you JC for allowing me along the ride.

Andy your place is spectacular!

I'm headed back over to Santa Rosa next week to pick up my chaps and drop off my leather jacket that shrunk over the years.  ;)

I found this old picture. I've had that jacket for at least 22 years.

I've never seen a cow shrink in the rain but good reasons for a ride.

Harvey Mushman

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 02:16:50 AM »

Great job as usual JC. It was good to see you again plus meet Andy and Don. The neighbors still are talking about those three beautiful bikes.
Special Thanks to JCZ for his help in routing some of my two cross county trips.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 02:25:42 PM »

Count me in for the Redwoods GTG.
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

Lone Rider

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Softail Deluxe 2014
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 03:08:07 PM »

Great pics and great adventure……thanks for sharing.

Who was the chick with the glasses?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 04:56:11 PM »

As Sasquatch would say.....what happens in the redwoods stays in the redwoods.  :P

West Coast GTG   

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »

Thanks for the journey JC,  well interesting  :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 11:03:13 PM »

Some random chick.  It's Jock's fault.  :P

When Jock does a ride report he always post pics of random women.....usually many, many random women.  So now, when I go  for a ride I always ask a lady or two if I can take their pic for this forum.  Like Jock.....they just never say "no".

See my Vegas ride report and my Ouray ride report.....in the first few posts.  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »

Very Very Kool JC   :2vrolijk_21:

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »

Not sure if you had the chance to try it or not, but the Myers Flat Tavern had the best steaks. Stopped there in '13 and the owner was there but not cooking anymore and won't give up the secret to the steaks unless you buy the place. I think he said he was in his 90's. Thanks for the pics JC!

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 03:14:43 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:Always a plesure to to follow your trips thanks

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2015, 08:39:17 PM »

Great photos as always.!  We were just out there just a couple months ago...   had a blast riding through much of northern California. The most challenging roads along with amazing views.   Great memories.!

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2015, 08:57:54 PM »

Not to get off subject or anything, but that chick for Jock picture....Either her pants are on backwards or...our pants don't have a sagging bulge like she is sporting  :P  :huepfenlol2:
We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 09:22:43 PM »

Come on Karen.....you don't recognize hippy wear?  :huepfenlol2: 

She might be a trimigrant.  :nixweiss:  That's what they call all those young people that come in for that few weeks to trim all the maijuana buds.  We were told that now there are so many strains of pot that the trim season is much longer.  The local economy loves it......California's #1 cash crop. 

From google....

Marijuana is the largest cash crop in the United States coming in at an estimate of $35.8 billion a year, but in California alone, the value of its 8.6 million-pound harvest is worth about $14 billion, according to newly released state reports.Oct 19, 2010

Marijuana Is California's Largest Cash Crop, Worth About ...
www.neontommy.com/.../marijuana-californias-largest-cash-crop-worth-ab...

And the redwoods are in the heart of the emerald triangle.

West Coast GTG   

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2015, 09:36:54 PM »

When i met Jc online in 2004 he talked me into getting a Cvo. I bought it at redwood harley in eureka. Flew up from lax and rode it home. 1000 miles total. First stop was in sacramento to introduce myself and meet Jc and babe. I remember he was all banged up from from running into a truck or something. 100000 miles later and still goin. What's that thing in that girls nose?  Ive got a soft spot for those hippie chicks but the nose thing freaks me out

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2015, 10:38:20 PM »

When i met Jc online in 2004 he talked me into getting a Cvo. I bought it at redwood harley in eureka. Flew up from lax and rode it home. 1000 miles total. First stop was in sacramento to introduce myself and meet Jc and babe. I remember he was all banged up from from running into a truck or something. 100000 miles later and still goin. What's that thing in that girls nose?  Ive got a soft spot for those hippie chicks but the nose thing freaks me out

That just makes it easier to lead her around Van.   But I really think she'd hurt an old man like you. :P

We had dinner in Garberville.  Some of the trimigrants were in town so it was a sidewalk freak show for a couple of hours.  Andy, Don and I even talked about making that an event for the GTG.  We'll all just ride up to Garberville and pull up a seat on the sidewalk at one of the restaurants and just watch all the freaks walk by.  Some of them were real hotties Van.....eye candy for a couple old men.  Of course I'm sure some of the ladies here would think the same about some of those young studs. ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:41:36 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »

Not to get off subject or anything, but that chick for Jock picture....Either her pants are on backwards or...our pants don't have a sagging bulge like she is sporting  :P  :huepfenlol2:
         in different angle's of the sun that young lady's out-
fit was semi-transparent . She fine to be sure
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 10:01:21 AM »

Caitlyn's "sister"?

67sprint

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:25 AM »

JC,
Is the Lost Coast going to be part of the 2016 festivities?   My wife and I rode through on our RG in 2011.   Challenging riding, outrageous scenery, and unwelcoming residents at Petrolia - all part of the adventure!
Cheers,
67Sprint 

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 12:08:56 PM »

JC,
Is the Lost Coast going to be part of the 2016 festivities?   My wife and I rode through on our RG in 2011.   Challenging riding, outrageous scenery, and unwelcoming residents at Petrolia - all part of the adventure!
Cheers,
67Sprint
The Lost Coast Hwy, otherwise known as the Lost Pothole Hwy, where all potholes go to die a slow lingering death. I was just on it three weeks ago again, but on an adventure bike. Beautiful though

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »

JC,
Cheers,
67Sprint

We really wanted to include the Lost Coast and still might for the more adventurous riders.  The Nor Cal members rode it about three years ago and it was really bad.  Terrie hit a pot hole so hard that she lost her jiffy stand spring.  When we were up there last weekend, we were told "the views are as incredible as ever but the road is far worse than it was even a few years ago.....they're just not making any repairs.  So, if it's done.....there needs to be a large distance between each bike.

West Coast GTG   

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2015, 02:45:56 PM »

Ive got a soft spot for those hippie chicks but the nose thing freaks me out

You know they have pills for that now!
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »

There are now sections of the Lost a Pothole Hwy that talking or singing while riding becomes a Stephan Hawking impression. To add insult to injury there are rough road ahead signs during the bumps which indicate that they have removed the pavement, left the potholes and added softball sized rocks for 100 plus feet.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »

Will we be renting Jeeps again?   :nervous:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2015, 08:46:10 PM »

Will we be renting Jeeps again?   :nervous:

I don't believe they have jeep rentals in that area but I do know somebody close by that has a Unimog.  I wonder how many people he could haul in that thing.  :P

West Coast GTG   

Harvey Mushman

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2015, 05:46:34 PM »

I don't believe they have jeep rentals in that area but I do know somebody close by that has a Unimog.  I wonder how many people he could haul in that thing.  :P

Lots! Especially pretty ones.  :-*
I'll be coming up to admire all the beautiful bikes for one of the days. My basecamp is too close to spend the $$ for a few night's lodging. Besides, it demands my funds so I can get it finished. You know where to find me if anyone needs anything while you're up this way.
I agree that Mattole Road is in unbelievably bad shape. No place for a CVO for sure, but don't discount Shelter Cove Rd. for those who have never been this way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:48:08 PM by Harvey Mushman »
Special Thanks to JCZ for his help in routing some of my two cross county trips.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781149

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »

Looks like you guys had a great ride. Dana and I have been to the Samoa Cookhouse a few times, I've been to the Redwood Run quite a few times. Wish I had known you were doing a preride, I would have gone with you. We will plan to see all of you there.

Sorry about that Dave.  We could have used one more guy....we had an extra bed.  When it's just us, we rode up pretty tame but coming back down we lived up to the reputation.  ;)

I believe this GTG is going to be huge.  It's been up for three days and we've already got 34 people and 17 bikes registered.  By the time it's been posted for a mere week, I may have to call the hotel and talk to them about increasing the number of rooms up from the initial 25 rooms.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:47:56 AM by JCZ »
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

Lots! Especially pretty ones. :-*
I'll be coming up to admire all the beautiful bikes for one of the days. My basecamp is too close to spend the $$ for a few night's lodging. Besides, it demands my funds so I can get it finished. You know where to find me if anyone needs anything while you're up this way.
I agree that Mattole Road is in unbelievably bad shape. No place for a CVO for sure, but don't discount Shelter Cove Rd. for those who have never been this way.

I think you have your hands full with all those single women right there in Shelter Cove.  We were there maybe an hour and a half.......how many women did we see walk by your house.....how many invitations to coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, b-b-q's did you get in that short period of time?  Yep, those gals are taking care of the new kid on the block just fine.  :pepper: :P

Shelter Cove may be a back up plan for those wanting to see The Lost Coast.  Was already considering that.  I'll be in touch  with you regarding that possability Tom.

West Coast GTG   

Old Spice

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2015, 01:15:48 PM »

We were just in this area and we found Shelter Cove as well. Fun road to the coast. Have to admit that I was too interested in seeing the boat ramp so I ventured down. When I got to the bottom I realized that two tractors were coming down behind me to launch boats. I was now trying to find a spot out of their way and I was afraid that the guys would be irritated with me but to my surprise all the guys gave me thumbs up and were smiling. It was all good. Loved this place!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 25 queries.