Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Run to the redwoods 2015......  (Read 14510 times)

hogdooz

• Full CVO Member
  • LET'S GO RIDING!
Re: Run to the redwoods 2015......
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 11:43:33 PM »

Looks like you guys had a great ride. Dana and I have been to the Samoa Cookhouse a few times, I've been to the Redwood Run quite a few times. Wish I had known you were doing a preride, I would have gone with you. We will plan to see all of you there.

Sorry about that Dave.  We could have used one more guy....we had an extra bed.  When it's just us, we rode up pretty tame but coming back down we lived up to the reputation.  ;)

I believe this GTG is going to be huge.  It's been up for three days and we've already got 34 people and 17 bikes registered.  By the time it's been posted for a mere week, I may have to call the hotel and talk to them about increasing the number of rooms up from the initial 25 rooms.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:47:56 AM by JCZ »
2015 FLTRUSE,, 1978 XLCR,  2003 FXDX, 1942 WLA, 2019 FLHCS, 2022 FXRST EL Diablo

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »

Lots! Especially pretty ones. :-*
I'll be coming up to admire all the beautiful bikes for one of the days. My basecamp is too close to spend the $$ for a few night's lodging. Besides, it demands my funds so I can get it finished. You know where to find me if anyone needs anything while you're up this way.
I agree that Mattole Road is in unbelievably bad shape. No place for a CVO for sure, but don't discount Shelter Cove Rd. for those who have never been this way.

I think you have your hands full with all those single women right there in Shelter Cove.  We were there maybe an hour and a half.......how many women did we see walk by your house.....how many invitations to coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, b-b-q's did you get in that short period of time?  Yep, those gals are taking care of the new kid on the block just fine.  :pepper: :P

Shelter Cove may be a back up plan for those wanting to see The Lost Coast.  Was already considering that.  I'll be in touch  with you regarding that possability Tom.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Old Spice

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2015, 01:15:48 PM »

We were just in this area and we found Shelter Cove as well. Fun road to the coast. Have to admit that I was too interested in seeing the boat ramp so I ventured down. When I got to the bottom I realized that two tractors were coming down behind me to launch boats. I was now trying to find a spot out of their way and I was afraid that the guys would be irritated with me but to my surprise all the guys gave me thumbs up and were smiling. It was all good. Loved this place!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 22 queries.