Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: If you've never towed a trailer with a motorcycle before, this may help.....  (Read 2207 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

Load heavier to the front of the axel....this video demonstrates very well....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE

That is absolutely brilliant. What a great example of how loading a trailer has an effect on the tow vehicle.
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Thanks JC that video may help save someone a terrible ride.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU

I never liked the idea of a trailer but I am getting to a stage in life when I think it might be worth having one to get all my crap with me on some trips. Planning on stripping down my bike next winter for a complete paint job, it might be good timing to get a trailer at the same time to get matching paint.

There are some real nice looking trailer designs out ther.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8

None of us liked the idea of a trailer.....when we were younger.  But as we get older and go further....it sure is nice to have everything to be as comfortable as possible.

I've experienced snow and triple digit temps all in the same trip.  It was nice to have the heated gear as well as the cool vest, etc.  It's also nice to not have so much weight on the back of the bike....let it rest on the trailer wheels.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

That's kinda where I am in life as well. Starts to look like a reasonable accessory

None of us liked the idea of a trailer.....when we were younger.  But as we get older and go further....it sure is nice to have everything to be as comfortable as possible.

I've experienced snow and triple digit temps all in the same trip.  It was nice to have the heated gear as well as the cool vest, etc.  It's also nice to not have so much weight on the back of the bike....let it rest on the trailer wheels.  :2vrolijk_21:

stripclub

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

That is the reason I am towing a N-Line trailer behind my bike, single wheel trailer tracks in bikes tracks, weight distribution is never a problem because you can't take all the tongue weight off with the wheel and suspension in the rearmost part of trailer. I have had it loaded heavy and always tracks perfect. Nothing against 2 wheel trailers but whatever you swerve to miss in roadway with the bike usually catches one of the trailer tires because how much further they stick outside the bike. My only complaint is stoping distance is increased, wish the trailer had a brake system on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 FLTRUSE

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

It would not be hard to make a trailer with brakes. Maybe that is a good project for next winter.

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 24 queries.