Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 04 Pumpkin, Stop turn run signal kit  (Read 2558 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: 04 Pumpkin, Stop turn run signal kit
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 02:10:32 PM »

thanks 2lane.......just bought 'em........hope they work.  [smiley=nervous.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 01:11:48 AM »

Another option for running lights, brake lights and turn signals is to use the Biketronics unit:
http://www.biketron.com/item.html?PRID=1112045
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 08:48:38 AM »

Bob,

How can it be run/turn/brake if its only a single filament bulb? Is the HD one brake/turn only? Does the unit from Biketronics actually add running capabilities to it??? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
CVOwner

There are several different companies offering run/brake/turn controllers, including Biketronics, Kuryaken (gotta learn how to spell that), H-D, etc.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 10:44:09 AM »

AMEN to that, Brother Jerry!   :o spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 11:31:12 AM »

As an FYI, I installed the Kuryakyn #4859 on my FXSTDSE2 and ran into the same issues with regards to the rear turn signal bulbs. On the first day with the stock ambers, I got pulled over, so I figured I better get this resolved quickly.

I did a ton of searches for Red 1156 bulbs and did order the 10 pack from the guy on Ebay. Unfortunately, those bulbs look almost pink next to the deep rich red of the stock tail lamp.

Next, I tried buying a set of those red colored bulb covers and those on top of the red bulbs helped create a deeper red. The problem was, the covers add a weird effect to the bulbs with the reflector, which is a little hard to explain, but it looked ridiculous.

Finally, I just ran to the HD dealer and bought the red lens from the kit mentioned above with clear bulbs and it looks pretty good. At least the red matches pretty good across all three lamps. And, the rear visability at night is a remarkable improvement.

While I still would love to find some red bulbs that will work with the stock smoked lenses, until I find something, this set up works pretty good and will keep the cops off my back.  I have thought of smoke tinting the red lens too, but I'll hold off on that as a last resort. Hopefully, I stumble on some decent red bulbs somewhere.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 12:00:33 PM »

I haven't ordered anything from this place yet, but these look promising.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2005, 01:08:48 PM »

FWIW, the LB1156RJ look very similar to the bulbs I have that look pink.  Imho, the darker ones just above LB1156RS look pretty interesting.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

BobP

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 03:20:48 PM »

Quote from CVOwner on Oct 30th, 2005, 10:11pm:

Bob,

How can it be run/turn/brake if its only a single filament bulb? Is the HD one brake/turn only? Does the unit from Biketronics actually add running capabilities to it???  

CVOwner

There are several different companies offering run/brake/turn controllers, including Biketronics, Kuryaken (gotta learn how to spell that), H-D, etc.  They get the running light feature with a single element bulb by reducing the current for run & going to full current for brake.  Not as dramatic as going from no light to full output when braking, but IMHO every extra bit of light in the rear, either running or braking, is a plus.  If you've ever had some brain dead yo-yo rear end you on your bike, like I have, you know what I mean.

Jerry

CVOwner,
My apologiies for not seeing your question until now but my thanks to Jerry for answering your question so well.
My evaluation of Biketronics two level voltage for running vs brake light signal intensity is that they are very similar to the levels seen on the stock tail light.

And to echo Jerry's comments about being as conspicuous as possible, I also added these LED strips under the tourpak.  All of the strips act as running and stop lights and the outboard strips work as signal lights as well.
Bob

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 06:07:35 AM »

And to echo Jerry's comments about being as conspicuous as possible, I also added these LED strips under the tourpak.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2005, 11:01:58 AM »

I like the look of those led's. I dont have a tour pack yet but have decided on the spoiler light when I do get it, (which will be soon). Is it a direct plugin? Or (dread) do I have to do some fancy wiring? Because, if I do, I need someone to help me with it.

CVOwner

CVO, the spoiler light is a direct plug in.....

At least it is if you don't mind having to remove the seat prior to removing the tour pak.  The harness that comes with the spoiler lights connects up at the accessory connector in front of the batter.  So obviously you have to remove the seat and unhook it first if you want to take off the tour pak.

If you're going to mount a fixed tour pak it's really no big deal.  If you're going to mount a detachable pack you lose some of the detachable's convenience.  The only thing you have to do, however, is get a matching set of connectors and turn the one long harness in to two shorter ones.  Leave yourself a connection down by the strut so you can unplug it without having to first raise the seat.  It's really not a difficult chore for the added convenience.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2005, 11:09:57 AM »

CVO, the spoiler light is a direct plug in.....

At least it is if you don't mind having to remove the seat prior to removing the tour pak.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 11:10:41 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2005, 11:17:03 AM »

So kind of an intermediate approach Bill?  I'd not even thought of that.  I placed the new connector back tucked kind of "inside" the rear filler strip.  It's in that area and partially exposed above it when it's connected to to the tour pak and hidden completely behind it when the tour pak is off.  Both ways are going to make it easier though. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2005, 07:26:20 PM »

I did a ton of searches for Red 1156 bulbs and did order the 10 pack from the guy on Ebay. Unfortunately, those bulbs look almost pink next to the deep rich red of the stock tail lamp.

Hopefully, I stumble on some decent red bulbs somewhere.
Well, I hate to hear that, 'cause I bought the same 10 bulb pack of red bulbs from the eBay dude, too.  Have not had a chance to try them yet, but if they're 'pinkish', will have to find some red ones....let me know if you find some.  How about those LED bulbs that fit into the bulb socket like a reg. bulb?  Do they come in Red?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  spyder [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.