Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 04 seeg lowers  (Read 2320 times)

Quik2

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG B/B
04 seeg lowers
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »

Has anyone had any experience with Hoppe Industries airmax2 vents I am considering them so I can keep the lowers on year round and install speakers in the glove boxes.Questions,comments, suggestions? I am leaning towards the hawg-wired system.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: 04 seeg lowers
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

The vents work well, and great choice on the Hawg-wired 8)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:02:55 PM »

You could buy vented fairing lowers for $525 or so from a 20% off HD discounter, e.g. Zanotti's which will have glove boxes.  Hog Tunes fairing lower speaker kit angles the speakers toward the rider and includes speakers for about $169 from Eastern Performance Cycles on Ebay.  Hawg-wired's fairing lowers kit (no spekers), lists for $170, and is a flush mount.

Glove boxes for non-vented lowers are $105 each list ($85 or so discounted) plus the cost of the Hoppe vents plus cutting of your OEM lowers. 

Your bike, your $$$, your decision.  Personally, I'd be reluctant to cut OEM FLHTCSE lowers, and I don't care for the aftermarket vents (particularly having read very mixed reports on their effectiveness).

Don't know if HD sells color-matched vented lowers for FLHTCSE's.

Good luck with your project.

Quik2

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:53:01 PM »

Thanks for the replies I am not completely sold on cutting the lowers I was considering it so I could leave them on all summer and put a set of hawg-wired speakers in them.Harley does not sell vented lowers in my color.I could paint a set but really dont know if its worth all the effort for the extra 2 speakers.Justin at hawg-wired tells me that the 300 watt 2 speaker system will be fine.

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:32:50 PM »

If you get a chance, listen to a bike with the Hog Tunes tweeter pod or Hawg Wired's fairing mounted tweeters.  Either would be money well spent.

Quik2

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »

really so your saying no lower mounted speakers maybe just the 2 fairing mounted speakers and the fairing tweeters ? would be enough with a amp

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 08:40:21 AM »

I installed them om my SEEG and realy like them up to 80 degrees then I just pull the lowers off.
I also had a hard time making that first cut into them, but all went well. If you decide your going to do it and want a couple tips let me know. :2vrolijk_21:
I may have a spare set if you need them.

09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »

All I can say is that I installed the complete HOGTUNE set up including the lower speakers, and now that I have them I couldn't imagine being without them.  Awesome sound! I find the lower speakers make a huge difference in the sound quality giving me the lows and the Tweeter Pod giving me the highs.  Couple of friends went just for the Tweeter Pod and after hearing mine, they have installed the lowers as well.

I must admit that I don't find the vents in the lowers all that useful... On the really hot days they provide a little air flow, but with how hot these engines run, it doesn't make that much difference on the superhot days.  Besides, isn't that another use for your highway pegs? To cool your legs!

With where you live, your weather isn't that much different than ours in southern Ontario and no doubt you have many more riding days that you'll be glad to have lowers keeping you warm and dry. I leave my lowers on all the time and rarely have my vents open, but I rock on down the highway with the "cool" awesome sound pounding from my HOGTUNES.

JMHO
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:15:25 AM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 10:38:55 AM »

really so your saying no lower mounted speakers maybe just the 2 fairing mounted speakers and the fairing tweeters ? would be enough with a amp

The tweeter pod alone (no amp) will make a big difference.  I have the HT tweeter pod and no amp and it made a big difference on my bike. 

If you are running the OEM fairing speakers, those would also be high on the list of changes.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.