Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 1st place in show.  (Read 1793 times)

Dr. Evil

• The Great Pumpkin
  • Elite CVO Member
  • BooFrickityHoo.

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Pumpkin
1st place in show.
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:01:02 PM »

Here's a funny story.  Went with a friend this weekend who wanted to put his chopper in a local bike show.  He insited that I put my SEEG in the show too... mostly to secure a good parking space :)  So, as a goof, I entered my bike in the show (stock class).  I was speechless when they announced 1st place, ME.  A nearly stock bike beat many others, some with what looked like over 10K in chrome!  I was almost too embarrased to accept the trophy.   [smiley=oops.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: 1st place in show.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 01:20:29 PM »

thats why that call it stock class......  congrats
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 01:33:21 PM »

Great story and congrats! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I had a similar experience at the Illinois State H.O.G. rally over the weekend.  After some ribbing about all the time I was spending cleaning my bike up from the 200 mile ride to the rally town, my riding buddy and a bunch of other onlookers in the hotel parking lot suggested I enter my bike in the rally show.  I got a 2nd place, but 3rd place was a 2003 luxury blue Ultra Classic with $63,000 invested (that's right boys and girls, $63 large  [smiley=shocked2.gif]).  Dude immediately left the awards presentation P.O.'d for not getting 1st in the class.

rugbyprop

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 03:11:29 PM »

Congratualtions! Maybe more of us will try the same in see if we get similair results. Guess that re-affirms all of our pondering about the SEEGS being worth the money and if we were getting all of the value for the dollar.
I continue to get asked what this bike is when I stop at rest stops. I even get the question from other guys riding H-D's. People just do not pay attention to new models when they are released. The guys judging the shows are going from the great appearance, probably don't realize you did'nt invest another 20-30K in a stock bike.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 10:53:17 PM »

I was shocked how many people didn't have a clue what they were looking at at the H.O.G. rally.  What's even more unbelievable was most of these guys were currently on Electra Glides!  For example, even the guy with the $63K Ultra (wow, still can't get over that) asked how I did the painted inner fairing on my bike!  He thought I had it done myself and even asked me a follow-up question along the same line after I told him very plainly that the bike came that way from H-D!

If you're looing for some chuckles, when someone starts asking about your bike, just weave a reference to the three little letters "CVO" into the conversation and check out the blank stares you'll get in return!

bighd

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 05:11:40 PM »

Isn't it great.  The same thing happened to me this weekend.  I am amazed at number of (harley) people that have never even heard of these bikes. I just was surprised that someone didn't make me put it in the stock custom section.
2004 FLHTCSE
Orange what else is there
Rinehart True Duals
Ness Big Sucker Intake
Race Map
Lot's of extra chrome
American Ironhorse Texas Chopper

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 04:36:01 PM »

I brought home a "Best Of Show" with my SEEG, the weekend before my accident.  I too had to explain that "the paint is a stock CVO job".......which requires further explanation.  It's all good and I enjoy education Harley riders to the CVO history......a golden opportynity to introduce this web site.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SE-Dave

• Full CVO Member
  • "AWESOME"
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 08:13:38 AM »

Took Second [smiley=laugh.gif] A local Hog Chapter held their annual Poker Run/ Hog Fest here in South Jerey last weekend. Just for a better parking spot I put My Cobalt Glide in their Show and walked away with Best in Show Second Place. [smiley=beerchug.gif] Man there were a couple of Texas Chopper Guys that were mad as HEll [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] OH Well....... Dave

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 10:34:54 AM »

Way to go se-dave,  these are indeed very beautiful bikes.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 02:41:12 PM »

Congratulations to all of you guys that have brought home an award or trophey.  It's testament to what those of us who own one, already knew, what these bikes are, straight from the factory.

It's history.......there's not another model out there, ever, that brought home as many awards and trophies in the first model year, as the SEEG.  My opnion, but I've never heard of another model doing this.

If you guys are riding them, enter them, and bring something home!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bostonut

• Junior CVO Member
  • feelin satisfied
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 03:26:47 PM »

Ditto here, I also entered a local bike show last weekend and brought home some 1st place hardware....and I didn't even expect anything.....but I'll take it ..... [smiley=beerchug.gif]Go figure
other toys

1969 Firebird 400 conv.
1974 455 Firebird Formula
1977 CanAm
1989 20th anniv. Turbo Trans Am

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 08:50:02 AM »

Well not as good as first place we did get 3rd place at the Washington state rally bike show in the dresser class.  Wasn't going to enter but it was raining and the show bikes where inside so to get out of the rain we entered it and was surprised to get 3rd place as we didn't clean it that well and there where some great custom painted bikes in the show.  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.