Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 04 SEEG, Add King tour pack with speakers.  (Read 3926 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
04 SEEG, Add King tour pack with speakers.
« on: August 11, 2006, 01:46:45 PM »

I want to add the King tour pack, with the speakers. The 04 has the radio thats only good for two speakers. So, I have to get a new radio, the tour pack, the speakers pods, the wraparound backrest. Sh*t, what do I have to do to hook all this stuff up? Has anyone here done this?
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: 04 SEEG, Add King tour pack with speakers.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:55:25 PM »

As far as I was able to tell you can not order the standard king tour pak and have it painted at the factory to match.   The one they sent me due to my own not knowing to ask the right questions does not support the wrap around back seat.  YUCK.   As i understood it and someone with better info may correct me is if you want the wrap around your going to have to order a primer king tour pack have it painted to  match.   On the radio you will have order since they won't upgrade yours since 03 to the one that comes in the ultra the problem with it is your going to have to hide the CB Wire / recepticle when you order it expect it to be about 1400 to 1500 bucks as I had toyed with this as I ride a lot in Shriner Parades and we use the CB to communicate on manuevers.

Check with 2Lane I know he did a lot of research into getting the 06 radio he probably has a lot of information to share as to what NOT to do.

Sorry wish I had more information, but that should get you started on what to ask at the dealerships.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

3hawgs

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:38:38 PM »

I ordered the B/B King Tour pack 2 months ago from Hales H-D in Mansfield, OH @ 20% off MSRP. Yes, you can order it factory color matched to your bike. It can take up to 8-10 weeks, but mine only took 2 weeks to come in as it appears that H-D must have some in inventory already painted to match.

JL

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 07:47:20 PM »

Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »

I too have a new painted from the factory king tour pak. Just like all of the others. I also picked up the new detatchable hardware kit so I can swap it and the back rest in just a few minutes if I choose.

Now the radio I am not sure of. I was waiting to see if the factory came out with a 06 model radio that will work on the older bikes. The problem is everything on the 06 and newer everything even the radio goes through the ECM.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

Guy's did you forget that twoline did an install on his 05 with the new 06 Harman/Kardon radio complete with instructions.
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

Guy's did you forget that twoline did an install on his 05 with the new 06 Harman/Kardon radio complete with instructions.
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 02:40:09 AM »

Dawg,

Does your have the wrap around padding or the center pad.   I wasnt able to get the wrap around painted when I got mine for the pumpkin it was a king but with the center pad and not the full wrap around like a Classic would have.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 04:37:47 PM »

As far as I was able to tell you can not order the standard king tour pak and have it painted at the factory to match.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 05:42:04 PM »

If you talk to HD-Dude about Hawgwired speakers/amp or Pez at Hogtunes, they can sell you the rear speakers with the mounting pods and the amp to drive the rear speakers.  Then you only have to buy the color matched tourpack, backrest, and mounting brackets (fixed or detachable). Good luck.

bbsiding

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »

harley will absolutely sell you a color mathed king tour pack. $849 retail . You can also just buy the pack without the lid for around 450. Then put your chopped lid on it (05seegs , sorry 04 guys
2005 SEEG Teal
20011 FLHTCUSE6

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:08 PM »

The one they sent me due to my own not knowing to ask the right questions does not support the wrap around back seat.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 11:58:46 PM »

CVOOwner, here's just a few shared insights on your radio questions.

First off I actually really like the 06 radio installed on my 05.  So far anyway has worked great, having the XM and all other functions integrated on the handlebar control without any other changes being necessary was sweet.  With the Hawg Wired amp added also it is a very sweet sounding and working setup.  It does everything I'd ever want it to or need it to.

However....  

It's not the easiest nor the cheapest solution; especially for what you're wanting to do.  It was ideal for me because I never cared and knew I never would care about adding the rear speakers.  If I wanted to do that I'd have strongly considered a Plan B option.

The harness to add rear speakers using the 06 radio is both large and expensive.  The other rear accessories are also expensive.  And that doesn't even include the "stock" rear amp if you're considering it.  Doing all of that effectively makes it non-detacahble as well.

Speaking solely for my own uses; and from the experiences of putting the 06 radio in mine and two other bikes now and putting aftermarket kits in three others; if I wanted good tunes, modern functions in the head unit and rear audio I'd use aftermarket.

The kit that ties the Sony radios in to our handlebar controls works great.  Many of the radios have built-in amps large enough you need not worry about the extra expense of any of the other amplifier options.  HawgWired has the mounting bracketry nailed to make the install simple.  And doing it this way the only "harness" to the rear speakers is a couple pairs of speaker wire.  That's easy to put on a quick disconnect to maintain detachability.

If you're considering any of the other functions of the Harmon Kardon radios, like using CB or intercom or Nav or whatever that puts a wrench in the works and causes more thought.  But if you're gaining all you wish to gain with a modern head unit, an XM module plugged in to it and good speakers front and rear than using the aftermarket packages and the attendant control unit can be a very effective solution.  

The head units can vary a lot in terms of both bells and whistles and output.  So be sure and do your homework.  Both avenues can give you very nice setups.  Just be sure you know what you want it to before you start spending money.  Then match the parts choices up accordingly.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 09:12:53 PM »

I want to add the King tour pack, with the speakers. The 04 has the radio thats only good for two speakers. So, I have to get a new radio, the tour pack, the speakers pods, the wraparound backrest. Sh*t, what do I have to do to hook all this stuff up? Has anyone here done this?

As a matter of fact, my bike is in the shop as I type having this performed..Color Matched Detachable King Tour Pac, with speaker pods from hd-dude, Hawg-Wired 4 channel system from hd-dude, Comfort Stitch armrest and so much more...when by this morning and it looks great.

bigdog257

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »

Jock, I'd love to see pictures when finished. I'm getting ready to set mine up this way as well. My wife already misses the Ultra.

Bigdog
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.