Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Stereo breaking up  (Read 13933 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Stereo breaking up
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »

The antenna can make that happen, like a bad ground,,,   Check that too.  Make sure its tightened down and connected properly.

cobaltblueultra2004

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »

Just got a call back from the dealer is Salisbury, I believe they have finally found the issue. There is a secondary wiring harness for the stereo to give you the option of running the tour pack with the amp and speakers installed on the pack. This is separate from the stock harness that has just the speakers in the fairing. They unplugged the optional harness and plugged into the stock harness and the problem vanished. Among other issues they did find loose grounds prior to the ride test that the dealer in Statesville over looked the first 3 times it was there to resolve this issue.

I will never use the dealer in Statesville again, from now on its Tilly's in Salisbury!! 

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 04:41:37 PM »

I will never use the dealer in Statesville again, from now on its Tilly's in Salisbury!! 
Never say 'never'.  Chit happens sometimes to make you eat those words.  just saying.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

TMElectric

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide - Cherry Red
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

I say this EVERY time I go there. I like the parts department, just the service department just doesn't seem like they care.

Call me Cobaltblue, I will tell you stories over a beer and a ride since you are close to me. 704-902-2988

Travis

cobaltblueultra2004

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 09:12:39 PM »

TME,

Will do, I work in Statesville anyway at Doosan/IR.

Jim

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 07:49:43 AM »

Just got a call back from the dealer is Salisbury, I believe they have finally found the issue. There is a secondary wiring harness for the stereo to give you the option of running the tour pack with the amp and speakers installed on the pack. This is separate from the stock harness that has just the speakers in the fairing. They unplugged the optional harness and plugged into the stock harness and the problem vanished. Among other issues they did find loose grounds prior to the ride test that the dealer in Statesville over looked the first 3 times it was there to resolve this issue.

Would you have any photos?  I opened up the fairing and couldn't find what you are referring to.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:36:09 PM by roadrunner »
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 02:44:32 PM »

Clipping noise came back, John at Radio sound suggested putting stock speakers back in.  After replacing with stock speakers clipping noise is a little different now. New symptom now, with the radio off I can hear crackling noise from the speakers and it gets worse at higher RPM' nothing at idle. Awaiting return call from Radio sound.

Well even when the radio is off amplifier is still powered on, that is why I am still hearing noise.

Other items to check
Both battery cable ends for corrosion/loose connection.
Ground stud in front of battery.
Radio fuse (15 amp for CVO) at fuse box for corrision
voltage regulator for correct voltage output
Healthy charging system (already checked)

Gray harness connector at radio controls CVO, 4 speaker wires 3 power circuits (18 guage) spliced together somewhere to get the voltage the amplifier needs (12-15amps).

Black  harness connector supplies ground (at ground stud infront of battery) and handle bar controls (stock electri glide) speaker connectors taped back.

Ride safe!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:46:35 PM by roadrunner »
2015 FLTRUSE

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 08:05:14 AM »

I unplugged the regulator output connector on the right frame rail below trans vent, and clipping stopped.  Also noticed when turning the ignition switch from any of its positions I get static through the speakers.

Bike is still in warranty till end of July, I'll also have the front engine mount checked as well.

Ride safe!
2015 FLTRUSE

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2011, 03:14:52 PM »

It seems that I am one of these people too.  I had the radio issue for a couple of years...any source, but only when moving.  I could play it under half volume, but that really isn't very effective while moving.  In the driveway, it always sounded great.  I took it in for warranty repair, and it took 3 trips to finally get them to send it in.  First time, they "couldn't reproduce" the issue...even though it was NEVER intermittent.  I don't think they listened.  They probably didn't even drive it.  Second time, they "fixed" it, but a mile down the highway, I turned around and took it back.  No improvement.  Third time (this dealer is like 40 miles away from me) they sent it off to Radio Sound.  Something worked, because it was fixed for my trip out west.  This spring however, same issue again.  Now, my warranty has expired, and Kutter H-D says sorry...Radio Sound supposedly told them 6-month warranty on repairs, so sorry.  Apparently I'm screwed all the way around. 

Any tips for me?  Things I can check myself?  I just sent an email to Radio Sound to see if they indeed won't stand behind their repair.  I'm totally pissed about this mess.  If they had figured it out the first couple of times...it maybe would have failed again in the warranty period, instead of just after. 

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 09:02:59 AM »

Replacing the voltage regulator helped, but still clips a little, the volume control no longer has bass, treble function. John at radio sound suggested checking the connector on the radio harness and then replacing the volume control at the handle. He also suggested using a 4 ohm speaker as the amp outputs voltage is matched to the speaker, I am using hogtunes speakers and I think they are about 5.x ohms.  If that doesn't help I'll bit the bullet and send the unit in for repair ($200) over the winter.   

Ride safe!
2015 FLTRUSE

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »

Replaced Stator solved the issue.
2015 FLTRUSE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.