Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Collision In Turn 1 At Summit - Ross Wellwood - AM#587 - 8 SEP  (Read 1002 times)

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
Collision In Turn 1 At Summit - Ross Wellwood - AM#587 - 8 SEP
« on: September 09, 2007, 03:01:11 PM »

All,

I was filming yesterday (Summit Point, West VA, Main Course) at the CCS races ...

BIG wreck in T1 right in front of me ...

It was an incredible race; really fun to watch.

I didn't race, was just filming, so bear with me if I don't get the facts all correct.  Here's how I remember it:

- It was Race 1 (Formula 40); the over 40 guys.  There were Amateur and Expert out on the track together.

- The "pack" just never seemed to break up ... those guys were SERIOUS about winning and kept it close racing ... that's when "it" happened ...

- Coming into turn 1, the guy LEADING the Expert group (I don't know his name or number) and the guy LEADING the Amateur group (#587, Ross Wellwood, who was pitted near where I was camping) collided ...

- Everybody is OK ...

The Video:

Click the link below for a "streaming" video (no waiting):

http://www.magicratproductions.com/Pix/FLVids/Number587/Number587.html

Downloadable Files (DO NOT CLICK THE LINK BELOW ... Right-click; "Save Target As" ... then play it from your hard disk when it's done downloading, which will be about 20 minutes):

Super High-Res .AVI version (263 MB): http://www.magicratproductions.com/Videos/Number587.avi
-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

bobaroni

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 1999 Dyna LowRider
Re: Collision In Turn 1 At Summit - Ross Wellwood - AM#587 - 8 SEP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »

That pavement looks to be in HORRIBLE shape. Glad to see the second rider was okay after laying there for a bit.

magic-rat

• Full CVO Member
    • Magic Rat Productions
Re: Collision In Turn 1 At Summit - Ross Wellwood - AM#587 - 8 SEP
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 09:17:27 PM »

That pavement looks to be in HORRIBLE shape. Glad to see the second rider was okay after laying there for a bit.

Yeah, it's a bit bumpy.

I ran on it on the 7th for seven track day sessions.  Not too bad after you figure out where the bumps are.  There are only a couple on the race line and they are pretty easy to get around.

I post some video of that in a few days.  I'm backlogged.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:54:18 PM by magic-rat »
-- Rat

"Ride to the sound of the guns."

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.