Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Hit a dog today  (Read 6328 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Hit a dog today
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

"Clearly not the case here....."

How do you know? My second post to your stupid point was removed but clearly defined the situation.

So, if I were to have stopped what would have happened smart guy?

* Would I have been able to anything more for the dog than the fifty other people standing there?
* Should I have apologized to the guy that let his large dog attack the motorcycle in front of me that stood in the middle of the road as I attempt to prevent personal injury to myself and my wife?
* Should I have stopped to yell at the dog owner?
* Could someone in that group attempt personal harm to me for hitting the dog?

I am not a vet and I am not the one to put myself in a potential dangerous situation. I decided it was best to leave the argument alone and let the fifty other people attend to the animal. I'm sure one of them ones a car and knows where the vet is located.

As I said before in my post to you that was removed. #&!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »

This afternoon following behind my brother down a quiet country road a big dog runs out after my brother. It was a Boxer or Pitbull, about 70 lbs.
I consider a large dog 'running out in the road after a person or vehicle' to be chasing/attacking or whatever you want to call it....but it wasn't a case of a pooch slipping away and wandering into the path of traffic.  It's a dangerous game that a dog plays chasing vehicles regardless of the intent and usually eventually ends up with someone getting hurt and more times it's the dog.  If a dog is considered 'property' then the owner of same is responsible  for the dog, not the person under attack.  It wasn't a 'act of God' or a freak act of nature, rather a dog chasing after a mc rider.  Going back to confront irresponsible/negligent owners would probably not have ended well for anyone.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »

"Clearly not the case here....."

How do you know? My second post to your stupid point was removed but clearly defined the situation.

So, if I were to have stopped what would have happened smart guy?

* Would I have been able to anything more for the dog than the fifty other people standing there?
* Should I have apologized to the guy that let his large dog attack the motorcycle in front of me that stood in the middle of the road as I attempt to prevent personal injury to myself and my wife?
* Should I have stopped to yell at the dog owner?
* Could someone in that group attempt personal harm to me for hitting the dog?

I am not a vet and I am not the one to put myself in a potential dangerous situation. I decided it was best to leave the argument alone and let the fifty other people attend to the animal. I'm sure one of them ones a car and knows where the vet is located.

As I said before in my post to you that was removed. #&!

since all you want to do is insult anyone with an opinion on this i'm locking the thread
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.