Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: My ride on the VRSCSE today.....  (Read 4365 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
My ride on the VRSCSE today.....
« on: December 24, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

Today, December 24 I had a experience very unusual....I don't know if because I am alone (the wifey is in San Francisco w/her parents) or because I am missing my daughter and grandson (now in Heaven[smiley=angel.gif]) too much for these Christmas day or maybe is a mix of everything.....

Anyway, the day started beautiful here in South Florida...sunshine, open skys (it had been rainining for several days), 80 degrees and breezy [smiley=divers009.gif].....I had to clean the CUSE because since Terry and Suzanne had been here after Thanksgiving day the bike needed a real wash...almost a month had passed by...so I took her out of the garage and left beautiful, shine, polished, detailed  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].

So right after I put her back inside the garage I looked the VRSCSE and I felt that she was looking at me and asking: how about me? Do I deserve to be clean as well?  :'(All the memories came out and started to remember the first time that I saw her....that was during the Posse Rally back in August '04 (In the attached pic Martha is on her that day) when I fell in love with her (with the bike not with Martha ;D) and said myself that I had to have that bike some day. Three months later I was attending the Florida State Rally in Leesburg (Central Florida), went to the dealer there and saw her in the showroom......I approached to a guy and asked: Are you a salesman here? He answered: Yes, may I help you? So I told him: I am participating in the rally and very interested in this bike pointing the VROD SE orange/black......I handled him a CD with several pics of a Fatboy 2001 and a Sportster 2003 that I had and willing to give in trade so I said him: take a look of this CD and let me know what deal we can make.........I left from there and anxious to hear from him the following week....He called me next Monday and told me: Give me 5 grand and your bikes and the VROD is yours....I couldn't believe that I was going to be an owner of that bike.....it was a good deal for me since I had both bikes paid. I gave him my cc for the deposit and then Friday after Thanksgiving day I put both bikes in the trailer and headed to Leesburg. I picked her up, put in the trailer and back home.......again I couldn't believe, I was so happy[smiley=huepfenjump3.gif].

During the year 2005 I rode once a while and I put 3500 miles on it......Martha never wanted to be behind because she said that the passenger seat was unconfortable...(I can't argue) so I was a solo rider everytime that I rode it.....

My CUSE  was delivered in January of 2006 and I forgot the VROD, I left "abandoned" in the garage, I NEVER rode it, I NEVER washed, I NEVER took care of her, the registration expired in April and I didn't mind to renew it so I couldn't ride. Several times when I tried to turn it on the battery was dead so again I left abandoned to her destiny..........

So back today when I woke up of remembering all the past I felt guilty :-[ and at the same time very angry >:( and sad :( for my behavior during the present year.

I took her from the garage and I made the same treatment than the CUSE. I found the bottom of the triple tree rust and other parts as well......more :-?   :o I was........I said myself that this is not going to happen again [smiley=nervous.gif]

After I took a shower I put on a VRODSE shirt which I didn't wear for more than a year and went for a ride. First I went to a gas station to ckeck the air pressure (front tire 10 instead of 36 and rear tire 12 instead of 38) [smiley=nixweiss.gif]. A couple of persons admired the bike asking questions about her: model, year, cc, etc. After that I went to have lunch and again more people stared and admired that beauty.......it was shiny and clean [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

To make this story short I now decided not to sell the bike. I had been in the last couple of months looking for the way how to get rid of her and get another bike......Now, I don't want to sell it.....I will keep it!! If I sell it NEVER I was going to have it again......

So I am planning to install the wide tire kit & brembo brakes (standard in '06), better seat (maybe Corbin) so my wife seats confortable and no complaint, windshield, saddle bags, and other goodies to make it  suitable for short rides like inside the city or going to Daytona and of this way having the CUSE only for long rides.......

Now I am happy [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] to have a project for next year and to take her to Daytona Bike Week next March and then  [smiley=drink.gif] and more  [smiley=drink.gif].

Merrry Christmas and God Bless all of you mis amigos.........

Jorge [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:44:42 PM by jegomez »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: My ride on the VRSCSE today.....
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 09:33:39 PM »

Jorge, that's a great story!  I love the SE V-Rods and if I could afford another bike right now, I'd be looking to grab one of those beauties.  I'm glad to hear you've decided to keep it.  Good decision, IMHO! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Merry Christmas, buddy!

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:11:04 PM »

Jorge

It is a great story indeed...  I am so happy that you renewed your relationship with that beautiful bike

may you have many happy rides together

Merry Christmas my friend

Scot

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »

Jorge

It is a great story indeed...  I am so happy that you renewed your relationship with that beautiful bike

[highlight]may you have many happy rides toget[/highlight]her

Merry Christmas my friend

Scot

Thanks mi amigo Scot....sure I will.......My wife will arrive until 3pm so inthe morning again  [smiley=drink.gif]

Have a beautiful Christmas with your family....

Jorge
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:44:14 PM by jegomez »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 10:35:41 PM »

Jorge, that's a great story!  I love the SE V-Rods and if I could afford another bike right now, I'd be looking to grab one of those beauties.  I'm glad to hear you've decided to keep it.  Good decision, IMHO! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Merry Christmas, buddy!

Same to you mi amigo......I hope that we can meet again soon and have more [smiley=drink.gif]..........
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 10:36:00 PM by jegomez »

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 10:39:10 PM »

Jorge,
It is a BEAUTIFUL bike!  I find excuses to ride mine even if only for a few miles!  (I put 3500 miles on her from May to October!)  Today, the boys went with their dad to their great grandparent's house, so I went shopping for some last minute stocking stuffers, gift cards, etc and decided I'd find my way over to the Harley dealership (X 2).  The first dealership had a showroom full of bikes and none (and I'm serious when I say NONE) jumped out at me!  I didn't find what I was looking for so I headed north on the interstate to dealership number 2 (my usual dealership).  They always have a better selection of EVERYTHING!  When I pulled into the parking lot, I almost ran over the curb because I was staring a replica of my bike (but without mods of course)!  Of course, I had to check it out and the guy was beaming from ear-to-ear when he saw me.  I just smiled as I walked in and said, "Nice bike."  (He was flirting with some girl and I didn't want to ruin the moment for him....)  As I pass him, what is spinning around on the "display spindle?"  None other than the VRSCX which I THOUGHT I just had to have after seeing her and in print and at a distance!  But after checking it out thoroughly, I think I still like mine better!  It's got more flash (aka CHROME and flake) and a beautiful paint job!!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  That is the only reason I haven't made the move to a bigger more practical bike for trips!!!!  I honestly don't think I could ever get rid of her!  I know it's still THE ONE for me because I don't even like the former owner riding it!!!!  HA HA!!!

I'm glad you're keeping it!  If you loved it that much when you traded, I can't imagine getting rid of it!  Heck, sign Martha up for an MSF class and she can ride along beside you!!!!  

Merry Christmas, Jorge and Martha!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »

Jorge,
It is a BEAUTIFUL bike!  I find excuses to ride mine even if only for a few miles!  (I put 3500 miles on her from May to October!)  Today, the boys went with their dad to their great grandparent's house, so I went shopping for some last minute stocking stuffers, gift cards, etc and decided I'd find my way over to the Harley dealership (X 2).  The first dealership had a showroom full of bikes and none (and I'm serious when I say NONE) jumped out at me!  I didn't find what I was looking for so I headed north on the interstate to dealership number 2 (my usual dealership).  They always have a better selection of EVERYTHING!  When I pulled into the parking lot, I almost ran over the curb because I was staring a replica of my bike (but without mods of course)!  Of course, I had to check it out and the guy was beaming from ear-to-ear when he saw me.  I just smiled as I walked in and said, "Nice bike."  (He was flirting with some girl and I didn't want to ruin the moment for him....)  As I pass him, what is spinning around on the "display spindle?"  None other than the VRSCX which I THOUGHT I just had to have after seeing her and in print and at a distance!  But after checking it out thoroughly, I think I still like mine better!  It's got more flash (aka CHROME and flake) and a beautiful paint job!!  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  That is the only reason I haven't made the move to a bigger more practical bike for trips!!!!  I honestly don't think I could ever get rid of her!  I know it's still THE ONE for me because [highlight]I don't even like the former owner riding it!!!!  HA HA!!![/highlight]
I'm glad you're keeping it!  If you loved it that much when you traded, I can't imagine getting rid of it!  Heck, sign Martha up for an MSF class and she can ride along beside you!!!!  

Merry Christmas, Jorge and Martha!

Thanks VGirl...I hope that  DC[smiley=fireman.gif] doesn't read this... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] because he might  [smiley=argue.gif] with you.....and I wouldn't like this because you guys  [smiley=love_3.gif] too much!!

Merry Christmas my dear amigos VGirl and DC......

Jorge
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 11:04:28 PM by jegomez »

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 11:25:26 PM »

Jorge,
I didn't realize that you were going to be alone in the morning. If I can ditch the family for a few hours I may come by in the AM. You know that I'm a night owl. But since Santa is coming I'll try to go to bed before 3am. AJ

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 11:39:55 PM »

Jorge...that is a great story, amigo!  When we were down to see you, I almost asked why in the world you were thinking of getting rid of such a beautiful bike, when it seemed to me that it would do the things you want with just a few modifications.  There is really nothing else like the Vrod on the road today..it is so much fun to ride, and such a beauty to look at.  

I am really happy that you have decided to keep it....I bought my V for the same reason you are keeping yours.  In better weather, it is good for the short trips, and with the seat I have on it and the backrest for Suzanne, she likes to ride on it!!  Everywhere I go, I get stares and compliments on the looks of the Vrod.  With a few small things added, it will be great for you and Martha to ride on the weekends, just like me and Suzanne.

I know you are missing Martha...she will be there soon with her big smile, happy to see you!

Merry Christmas, my friend!

Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 05:08:29 AM »

;)  Great story.  You make me think about our poor road king in our garage.  It was both mine and my husband's first Harley.  Now it just sits, lonely and mostly ignored.  We have had the SEEGs out quite a bit in the past few weeks, but I don't even think we have the trickle charger hooked up to the Road King.  Your story has me convinced that I need to pull that baby out of the back of the line up and give her a few miles in the next few weeks so it knows that it is a much loved as the SEEGs.  My hubby keeps looking at the VRods.  I unfortunately can't even get my legs to clear the pipes and the forward controls are not reachable, so I just don't lust after it as much as others do, but I have always loved the theory behind the bike.  Glad you are showing your baby the love it so deserves.  Since I know your lovely wife is home with you now, you will be feeling better and really enjoying your Christmas day.  Saw that Twolanerider is now home again too.  Hope all my friends on this site are feeling the joy and love they should on this most special day of the year.  Merry Christmas to everyone.  
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 05:08:58 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:53 AM »

Jorge,
I didn't realize that you were going to be alone in the morning. If I can ditch the family for a few hours I may come by in the AM. You know that I'm a night owl. But since Santa is coming I'll try to go to bed before 3am. AJ

AJ...give me a call...or stop by and we can have lunch and drink a [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif]I will be at home until 2 pm....

Jorge

PS Forest Hill & Lyons Rd. Lyons is one block before getting 441 (Village Walk of Wellington)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »

;)  Great story.  You make me think about our poor road king in our garage.  It was both mine and my husband's first Harley.  Now it just sits, lonely and mostly ignored.  We have had the SEEGs out quite a bit in the past few weeks, but I don't even think we have the trickle charger hooked up to the Road King.  Your story has me convinced that I need to pull that baby out of the back of the line up and give her a few miles in the next few weeks so it knows that it is a much loved as the SEEGs.  My hubby keeps looking at the VRods.  I unfortunately can't even get my legs to clear the pipes and the forward controls are not reachable, so I just don't lust after it as much as others do, but I have always loved the theory behind the bike.  Glad you are showing your baby the love it so deserves.  Since I know your lovely wife is home with you now, you will be feeling better and really enjoying your Christmas day.  Saw that Twolanerider is now home again too.  Hope all my friends on this site are feeling the joy and love they should on this most special day of the year.  Merry Christmas to everyone.  

Thanks...you always know to say the right words.....you are so sweet....(your mom knew that since the moment you were born so she named you CANDY)......say hi Jamey.....

My Warmest Regards,

Jorge

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 10:01:24 AM »

Jorge...that is a great story, amigo!  When we were down to see you, I almost asked why in the world you were thinking of getting rid of such a beautiful bike, when it seemed to me that it would do the things you want with just a few modifications.  There is really nothing else like the Vrod on the road today..it is so much fun to ride, and such a beauty to look at.  

I am really happy that you have decided to keep it....I bought my V for the same reason you are keeping yours.  In better weather, it is good for the short trips, and with [highlight]the seat I have on it and the backrest for Suzanne[/highlight], she likes to ride on it!!  Everywhere I go, I get stares and compliments on the looks of the Vrod.  With a few small things added, it will be great for you and Martha to ride on the weekends, just like me and Suzanne.

I know you are missing Martha...she will be there soon with her big smile, happy to see you!

Merry Christmas, my friend!

Terry

Thanks mi amigo Terry.....I suppose that I will have to get a seat that fits the model '06 since the first thing that I am going to do is to install the wide tire kit....what do you think? I was checking last night the goodies that I want to get but I have some doubts in the seat and the saddlebags since half of her would be '06........also I wonder if I can use the brembo brakes standard in '06.......I believe that I would have to visit the stealer to get this straight and then order all the parts to Motor City HD in Michigan to get the 20% discount. Also I noticed that the wide tire kit comes with a wider wheel and narrow sprocket among other pieces so I might sell in ebay what I now have on the bike(around $1,500).....anyway it sounds a nice project.....I have to see if I am able to do it by myself.... [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Take care mi amigo and say hi to Suzanne......

Jorge

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 10:37:02 AM »

AJ...give me a call...or stop by and we can have lunch and drink a [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif]I will be at home until 2 pm....

Jorge

PS Forest Hill & Lyons Rd. Lyons is one block before getting 441 (Village Walk of Wellington)

The kids are on the way & I promised them a boat ride if it doesn't rain. One way or another I will mak eit over before I leave! Mom just said that I have to be back down for her birthday the weekend of Feb. 16th.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 10:44:05 AM »

The kids are on the way & I promised them a boat ride if it doesn't rain. One way or another I will mak eit over before I leave! Mom just said that I have to be back down for her birthday the weekend of Feb. 16th.

Ok mi amigo...give me a call....I will be at home until 2:15 pm...take care,

Jorge
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 10:44:29 AM by jegomez »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 22 queries.