Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: NEW pipes for my FXSTSSE2 08  (Read 6949 times)

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
NEW pipes for my FXSTSSE2 08
« on: September 20, 2008, 04:29:14 AM »

Right now I have the SE pipes installed, but I removed so much of the baffle that they now sound like straight through pipes but worse  :-X . I mean they just produce noise not sound and of the rough type  :oops: My Thundermax is coping with them quite well, but still I hate the PACK-PACK-PACK! sound, no POTATOE-POTATOE-POTATOE or BROUMMMM! sound I want.....

I asked my supplier in the US about options for my CVO Screamer and I don't like the options he gave me. I have searched and searched, but I find nothing that really digs me and the sound files when you can find one.., they are so crappy that they put me off. I have lost quite a lot of torque in the low to midrange area during my "excavations" and what I'm looking for are some pipes that bring back a mellow deep sound and increase the torque.

I thought a lot about two of the Vance & Hines pipes, these being the Longshots HS and the Big Radius 2-1; My dealer tells me that the Longshots don't fit my Springer and I'm not all that happy with the sausage shape of the 2-1... ???

What can you suggest or tell me? I'm inclided to take the Longshots if they can fit or be made to fit, but I´m open to any suggestions; one thing though, no loud pipes (or too loud) such as Rineharts or short pipes. And please if you have, attach a pic so I can see what they look like on the Springer. Thanks,
Spanish Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

RPR50

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
Re: NEW pipes for my FXSTSSE2 08
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »

First decision, short v long. I spent last winter looking at the Rhineharts, D&D fatcats, and Vance and Hines for my 08 Springer. In the end, settled on a set of Bub 7 2 into 2's. I've posted pics under the Bub 7 're' line. To me, it's sound and aesthetics. Didn't think I wanted short pipes but I love  'em on the bike. They're loud when you want them to be (I laugh out loud a lot at how good they sound). A great potato sound at idle. YouTube is a good resource to hear pipes in addition to the mfg websites and our CVO posts. Good luck. 

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:58:57 AM »

quote) I hate the PACK-PACK-PACK! sound, no POTATOE-POTATOE-POTATOE or BROUMMMM! sound I want.....

u need to trade back to a good old EVO for the POTATOE-POTATOE-POTATOE sound,
twin cams never sounded as good as a EVO, the 110`s prefer to rev higher they dont like a real slow pot pot tick over.
IMHO

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:10:30 AM »

And the evo never sounded as good as the shovel

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:14 AM »

I personally like Vance & Hines, I have had several of their products on my bikes. If you like staggered short shots or staggerd big shots, be sure to get the quiet baffles as they produce a deeper sound and set off car alarms nicely. I really liked the sound and looks of the Pro Pipe BP that I had on my CVO Springer and the bike produced 93.29 HP and 118.18 lbs of torque on the dyno. My tuner has another CVO Springer at his shop the same time as I had mine there and he used Bassani Pro Street exhaust and produced 94.4 HP and 113 lbs. torque and the pipes sounded great. The only thing that I didn't like was that the Bassani pipes were discolored after being on the dyno (not blue proof like the V&H). The following is a picture of the Bassani Pro Street Exhaust.

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:30:51 AM »

Super trapp 2 in 1.   Tune and adjust sound levels by adding or removing disks   ;D

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »

Super trapp 2 in 1.   Tune and adjust sound levels by adding or removing disks   ;D

i didnt know super trap made a 2 in 1 for our bike, thanks for the info, re travel bike make sure u dont blind anybody with those triple headlamps, there woud be know excuse i didnt see u,

johna

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:37:36 PM »

Yes they do. Super Trapp and Kerker are now the one company in Ohio.
Don't now if they still do but i think they made pipes for the MoCo in the past.
They look similar to V & H but i liked the removable disc idea.

Cheers

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »

I have the supertrapp 2 into 1 on my '08 fxdse...makes great power and not too loud...another cheaper option is cycle shack slip-on mufflers...they make good power too
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

kev

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2 2008
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 05:35:08 AM »

Take a look at the attached pic of my FXSTSSE2 if you want to see how it would look with V&H Bigradius 2-1,

springervett

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Springer 105th Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic 110th Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

KEV, those pipes really look nice. Do you have any problems with scraping?

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »

here's a pic of my '07 with the Rinehart CrossBack Staggard exhaust.
nice low rumble and comes with 2 sets of baffles... :2vrolijk_21:

2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

kev

• CVO1: FXSTSSE2 2008
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 10:53:12 AM »

Hello Springervett,  No problems with scrapping the pipes as they sit quite high on the bike,  if you notice the rear foot peg has to be relocated upwards by about 1 1/2 inches. Ive not scrapped anything yet but when I do which probably wont be long it will most likely be the front foot pegs.

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 05:51:38 PM »

Thanks for all the response I got, what would I do without you...... :bananarock:
Anyway, Nobody has told me if the Longshots HS can be installed in our darling.... :confused5: If it was only a question of a bracket I would make one myself.

On the other hand, the Vance & Hines 2:1 is also a great possibility and on Kevs bike they look just awesome. Still if he hasn't touched the deck with his footrests as I have, I believe I would also damage the pipe being so low. The Crossback Staggered look nice, but too skinny for my liking.

With regards to the Supertrapp I have developed a kind of hate towards them, maybe due to those visible discs and the way the exhaust departs from them radialy.

One way or the other I'm just hoping to hear that someone has installed the Longshots HS because I would head straight to them....Unless someone comes with something really tempting.
Again, I'm also looking for a nice rumble, not too loud, not too quiet and that it also allows my bike to recover some of the lost medium range torque...... :2vrolijk_21:

Best Regards,
Spanih Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 12:01:42 PM »

For looks I'd consider the V&H - but I dislike their high metalic sound ...I had too many V&H's before and somehow they never get the sound right IMHO- besides, their silencers (which they charge you a 50 Euro's each) are  highly ineffecient.
From my end .....I started to take a disliking for these pipes ;-) and a love for Supertrapps  ...
Also performancewise - the ST will beat V&H most of the time. Admitted ...sigh....if only they build them with a tad more elgance...
De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum  - and who am I to judge ....but the current setup I have (dual ST's) is so darn powerfull and "right" on the sound level - that I'm forgiving the somewhat bulky - not-so-elegant- design... :pineapple:

Rik
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 20 queries.