Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: NEW pipes for my FXSTSSE2 08  (Read 6938 times)

Spanish Flyer

• Full CVO Member
  • Mankind, all equal; some more equal than others
Re: NEW pipes for my FXSTSSE2 08
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 03:58:39 PM »

OOPS!! :-X High metallic sound?

If that is the case I'll have to rethink my strategies because I'm not for that kind of sound either. Problem is I only have the U-Tube files to go by and I thought the LongShots produced a rather low rumble. I do believe however that long pipes tend to produce better midrange and short ones a higher output at certain revs (over 4.5 k rpm). Now Rik comes and says they sound "tinny"..... :oops: Looks like I'm back to square one.  :-\

Spanish Flyer
STOCK BIKES SUCK!

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 03:29:27 AM »

;D
Again - it was a personal reflection not meant to influence your decision in any possible way - too bad most dealers don't have the capacity to let you experience the actual sound quality of the pipes you're ordering. (kind of a Dolby _THX surround room )  :(
I had V&H true duals on my 08 Heritage - changed them to ST after 2 months as I got a headache from that too high pitched sound (even with ear-protection). The big radius and longshots I heard had an inclination to that same sound structure but for the life of me , I cannot tell if they had the quiet baffles installed or not.

Goodluck on your pursuit and keep us in the loop  :cucumber:

Rik

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »

I have a friend with V&H big shot staggard pipes on his '06 Dyna.

the sound is what I can only describe as "Brittle", and it has a hollow kind of sound to it at idle.
while we're riding next to each other and he "blips" the throttle, it's very harsh and aggressive. I'm not saying I dislike it though...just describing the sound.

My Rinehart Cross-Back has a deeper sound to it at idle than the V&H BSS.
while we're riding next to each other, that same friend described my exhaust sound by saying "it sounds like a big block" when I "blip" the throttle!
I like that!  LOL :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

amarillo_rider

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 05:15:07 AM »

Yes , V&H refers to that as their signature HodRod sound ;-)
All joking aside I'm already 100% deaf on my left ear (monophonic i believe is the correct terminology) concequence of dubious surgery on what first appeared to be a benign form of "tinitus" (ringing in the ear) - doh . So what I'm saying here is that i am definately not 100% objective in calling one sound more likeable over another - but i agree that both Rineharts and Supertrapps (if setup correctly) sounds more agreeable to me  :huepfenjump3:

Rgds

Rik

rbaker

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 07:21:02 PM »

Vance and Hines
Took out the stock baffles and put quiet baffles in (still loud but ok)

Shorty

• 08 Springer Owner
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 05:20:40 PM »

Hello Everyone, I have a 2008 CVO Springer "Screaming Eagle".  I wanted to ask a few questions from the group. 

*  I am buying new pipes this month "VH Big Shot Radius 2-IN-2" Has anyone tried these on there bike and if so how does it sound?
*  Can anyone recommend a vendor to buy saddle bags for my springer that actually fit (getting ready for a long trip)
*  Does anyone have a vendor that sells 3 inch or better extended fwd controls for my 2008 springer?

I have allready bought a sissy bar for the my better half to lean back on, just need to get my pipes, saddle bags, ext fwd controls and tuner and I will be in good shape.  I was also thinking about puttin on additional headlights and found that harley sells the 3 pack kit for springer front ends.  Anyways, I love my bike and i'm just seeing if anyone out there has allready found parts that fit as they seem to be hard to find for my bike.

v/r
Shorty

krank

• CVO1: 2008 screaming eagle springer
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 07:30:50 PM »

congrats on your bike,you'll really enjoy it, everytime I ride mine I just think what thrill ride it is. Forward controls, Arlen Ness makes a kit to extend the existing controls cost under $200.00 and you can install it in an hour. put it on mine and it it made a nice difference.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 09:42:15 AM »

I have the Vance and Hines 2 into 2 big radius pipes. They look good and sound just as good also. After installation of Pipes, S.E Race Tuner and Big Breather its dyno was 98 hp. with 123 ft. torque. With the air fuel mixture at 13.81.  I don't regret the choice that I made. Sure you see a lot of Bike with them......But they are awesome Pipes.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

phat boy

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »

I went with V&H big radius 2 into 1. I love the deep rumble they make. I like the looks very well. It really shows of the fat rear tire. Combined with SERT the bike runs great.

Gamecock

• 08 Inferno SE2
  • 08 SSSE

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Inferno
    • CVO2: tbd
    • CVO3: tbd
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »

V&H 2 into 2 pipes on my 08, sound is terrific!
I get a LOT of compliments on this bike, everytime I ride someone is staring at this bike.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.