Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDSE fork springs  (Read 3242 times)

Jean

FXDSE fork springs
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:17:18 PM »

I have a 2007 FXDSE and want to change fork springs, stiffer progressive spring, anyone recommandations
thanks

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: FXDSE fork springs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 08:40:02 PM »

Traxxion AK-20's!!! The ONLY way to upgrade your front end IMO!!! I have them on a SERK3 and an FXWG right now! I'm sending my FXR3 legs down to them in the next few weeks for the conversion too. AWESOME front suspension! Changing springs won't come close to helping these stock front ends compared to a cartridge fork conversion. There's many threads here on them here. This is the original one. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Traxxion Dynamics Cartridge Upgrade Thread

Here's the Traxxion board link:

Traxxion Dynamics Board

Traxxion Dynamics website

Ask for Mike or Dan and tell them you're from this site for a discount. You can mention my name if ya like. ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

maddog110

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »

NOT SURE IF THAT INCLUDES INVERTED FORK SPRINGS, NOT THE SAME AS REGULAR LEGS

dynamicpress

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 12:29:44 AM »

Having ridden Japanese and more recently a Buell, What bothers me the most about the Fxdse's is that skinny front wheel.
Anyone thought of changing the front to a 17"_ 130mm ?

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »

dynamic, other than throwing the geometry, and appearance, of the bike down the crapper, the 130/17 is almost two inches wider, and three inches shorter.
You want a Dyna with a fatter front tire.... get a fat bob. Otherwise, QYB and ride.

maddog110

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 09:56:09 PM »

THE FRONT END OF THIS BIKE IS ITS GREATEST FEATURE,IF YOU LIKE THAT LOOK WHY WOULD YOU BUY THIS BIKE! ITS PERFECT THE WAY IT IS.

Jean

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »

For sure, i don't want to change the front end, my only problem is due to excessive weight, 350 pound, so i search only stiffer fork springs
thanks for replies

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.