Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Glare Polish - Snake Oil?  (Read 104252 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Glare Polish - Snake Oil?
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2009, 12:10:23 PM »

5 pages of this thread & still no good info on which type of snake is best for snake oil.  I will check back later.

And all this time I thought it was about what kind of snake oil was best for your snake!  None of mine squeaked at all..
Take my crayon away before I kill again

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »

And all this time I thought it was about what kind of snake oil was best for your snake!  None of mine squeaked at all..
Take my crayon away before I kill again

You use snake oil for your snake? Syn or dino?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »

Actually all they ever needed was a wee hairless gerbil baby every other week adb a shallow water dish to poo in...
Oiless snakes..I recommend them.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »

Ok.  Like the new bearings that don't need grease. 

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2009, 12:33:56 PM »

Yesh, sactamackly

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

universal

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »

Ahhh...thread zen....you are gifted.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2009, 12:46:27 PM »

Heard I was speshul.....

gifted thread zen

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2009, 04:45:56 PM »

ordered some glare polish today... gonna see for myself if its everything it is advertised to be.  I'll post before and after as soon as she is done.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »

ordered some glare polish today... gonna see for myself if its everything it is advertised to be.  I'll post before and after as soon as she is done.
Remember to follow the instructions exactly for the 1st application.  That makes all the difference.  From then on......it's a piece of cake......just have to remember the sunglasses to deal with the 'glare'.  :coolblue: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »

Talked to a Glare Tech.  He tells me to wash the bike down with Dawn Dishwashing liquid to remove all of the wax/polish before applying.  Is this follow what everyone else has done?  He says about a capful of Dawn to a Gal of water.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »

Interesting topic... and as suspected, no definitive answer... lol

I gotta figure out something, now that I'm a HD guy... but being a Goldwing guy didn't break me of my aversion to bike washing, and they're a pretty tough crowd when it comes to cleaning more than riding.  :coolblue: I washed my wing every 6 months or so, whether it needed it or not (riding 25K miles a year).

Hell, I spent $31K on a bike, I outghta just hire someone to wash the damn thing, since I'm made of money.  :huepfenjump3:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »

Interesting topic... and as suspected, no definitive answer... lol

I gotta figure out something, now that I'm a HD guy... but being a Goldwing guy didn't break me of my aversion to bike washing, and they're a pretty tough crowd when it comes to cleaning more than riding.  :coolblue: I washed my wing every 6 months or so, whether it needed it or not (riding 25K miles a year).

Hell, I spent $31K on a bike, I outghta just hire someone to wash the damn thing, since I'm made of money.  :huepfenjump3:
Really hard to find someone that will do it the way you want it done.  For any price.  :-[ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2009, 05:54:21 PM »

Used the Glare for the first time this weekend.  Stripped the wax off with a Dawn wash first.  The first step is a lot of work... rub rub rub!  I'm really impressed with the finish!  I thought it was hard to get good pics of this color (black diamond / fire quartz) now it is impossible.  Mirror quality shine.  The chrome is blinding.  Hope it holds up as well as it shines.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2009, 12:35:16 PM »

Used the Glare for the first time this weekend.  Stripped the wax off with a Dawn wash first.  The first step is a lot of work... rub rub rub!  I'm really impressed with the finish!  I thought it was hard to get good pics of this color (black diamond / fire quartz) now it is impossible.  Mirror quality shine.  The chrome is blinding.  Hope it holds up as well as it shines.
Well, I'm a believer in how well it holds up.....just finished over a couple of thousand miles ride and the bugs just wipe right off the fairing.  That's worth the effort/expense to me.  :) har!  :drink: spyder
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.