Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Installing Fullsac Baffles on 09 CVO Road Glide  (Read 147034 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Installing Fullsac Baffles on 09 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  Thx HogMike...Top portion of the floor jack handle did the trick. Both pipes are ready for new baffles. Will order the 2" baffles this weekend.

You didn't have the cores already?????
Tech tip:
If you have access to a Whitney punch, use that to punch the holes in the chrome pipes, follow the directions to leave them a little loose fit at the inlet (room for expansion).
 8)
HOGMIKE

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »

You didn't have the cores already?????

Didn't want to order them till I had the old ones out and was sure I still had a good set of pipes.

gabhart

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #302 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »

Great thread guys. So great in fact that I am ready to move forward with this on my 2011 CVO Ultra. The ONLY thing holding me back is not being able to hear what the catless stock header pipe and any of the Fullsac baffles sound like. Is there anyone with this configuration within a 100 mile radius of Northern Virginia that I can hook up with to hear this?

My computer speakers just will not cut it.
Fullsac X-Pipe "B", TTS Mastertune, Rinehart Slip-ons, full LED conversion

Z10

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze
« Reply #303 on: July 27, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »

Update:  Finally got the baffles installed and the pipes on the bike tonight.  What a nice pleasant throaty sound. I believe the Pythons were alot more restrictive than I thought. You can't see a bit of light when looking through them. I wish I understood muffler accoustics better. You can see clear through the stock pipes now with the fullsac and the bike is much more easier on the ears compared the the Pythons.

My tune must not be too far off. Took if for a spin, no intake or exhaust sputtering on accel or decels. Got on it hard and she pulled real hard...no flat spots noticed by the seat of the pants. Taking it to the Blue Ridge parkway this weekend with the wife. Can't wait to see how she does on the road with temps in the high 90's and dewpoints in the 70 range.

Another trick to keep the drill bit from walking when drilling the 1/4" hole. Put a piece of duct tape on the area your going to drill. Measure the 1.5", mark and punch it (on the tape) and drill. No bit walking at all. I first used a smaller bit and then went to the 1/4.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 03:56:54 PM by Z10 »

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #304 on: July 28, 2011, 11:40:19 AM »

Another trick to keep the drill bit from walking when drilling the 1/4" hole. Put a piece of duct tape on the area your going to drill. Measure the 1.5", mark and punch it (on the tape) and drill. No bit walking at all. I first used a smaller bit and then went to the 1/4.

Z10, sounds like you're a happy camper now.

I did the same thing to my '09 SERG and did the work on my full lift.  Drilling holes on round hard surfaces can be tricky.

I have a few of the spring loaded center punches that Harbor Freight sells.  I have their small light duty and the heavier duty model as well.  With the heavy duty center punch you can actually place a prick punch divot in the muffler that makes it very easy for a 1/16" drill bit to follow without walking off center.  I always pre-drill and the follow up with the true size I need.  I've ruined a few parts in the learning process, but pre-drilling in my older age has proved to safe time and money.

I have the Fullsac 2" baffles with the stock HD packing.  They bark when needed, but can quiet down on the open road to talk and hear my tunes.  Very nice compromise between stock and drag pipes.  On my last '08 SERK I had the V&H Ovals and they were a bit loud and it was hard to talk while riding.  The 2" were a welcomed relief.

Thanks for your review of the new exhaust additions.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

tomjetty

• Tom is Dreaming

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »

Just finished the full sack upgrade. Thanks Jim you made it rather simple...Tom

Resbiker

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #306 on: August 04, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »

I just pulled my 1+3/4" fullsacs and replaced them with 2".  Really....not much difference on sound.  Maybe slightly deeper.  Anyway, I have a pair of 1+3/4" for sale.  Only 5,000miles on them.  A little dirty, but cheap.  I'd take $75 for the pair, including stateside UPS if anyone' interested.  I'll be gone for about 10 days, so be patient.  I'll check the site for any interest.
SOLD
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:11:07 PM by Resbiker »
2009 Sil/Tit SERG
2004 Bl/Blue SEEG
1989 Cop E-glide
Jap Bikes
#1 = 1960 Cushman Super Eagle

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #307 on: December 15, 2011, 09:46:42 PM »

Resbiker ............do you still have those Fullsac 1.75" cores for sale? Just installed the Stage I with 2" cores and am really happy with reduction in heat and seat of pants power increase! The sound however, is a bit more than I'd want to listen on an all day ride .............I'm particularly looking at options for softening that hammering sound when going through the gears and/or riding uphill. Tomorrow, I'll replace the fiberglass  packing with TechMat to see if any improvement with acoustics. If that's not the answer, perhaps the 175"? Different strokes for different folks ..........natch .......... at one time, Steve@Fullsac loved the 2"ers, but was reportedly using the 175"'s for longer rides.
Many mahalo's to Jim for his most excellent instructional guide!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #308 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »

i still like my Bub 7 Stealth best though ;)

n7543g

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #309 on: December 16, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »

I just finished installing 2" in 11 CVO mufflers. This post was very valuable!!!

hdff

• Iron Butt #54101
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride hard or go home.........

• CVO1: 2012 flhtcuse7
    • CVO2: 1992 FXSTC
« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »

I just finished installing 2" in 11 CVO mufflers. This post was very valuable!!!
So how is the sound? I am fixing to do this mod and need advice on which size to go with
:fireman::fireman:
2012 FLHTCUSE7  "Flossie"

whozathd

• 2019 CVO RoadGlide
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »

Just wondering did you ever go the fullsac on your bike and if so, which one?
2019 CVO Road Glide with Kerker Slip on, can still hear the Radio!

hdff

• Iron Butt #54101
  • Full CVO Member
  • Ride hard or go home.........

• CVO1: 2012 flhtcuse7
    • CVO2: 1992 FXSTC
« Reply #312 on: February 23, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »

Just wondering did you ever go the fullsac on your bike and if so, which one?
yes i did.. easy mod to do. took about 15 mins max to cut the old baffles out. i installed the new 2" fulsac baffles with the white packing that came out with the original baffles. i wanted something a little louder but not to loud as i pull a trailer and the last bike i had had rhinehart 3 1/2 " and it was way to loud with the trailer on the hyway. well after a short ride the new baffles came back out and went back in without the packing, damn near sounded stock with the packing. now it has a louder sound but not to loud so i think it is going to be good with the trailer. i don't think that is as loud as a friends that has 4" rhineharts but it is louder and has a decent sound i think so far. i am going to have a friend ride it soon so i can hear it not riding bike. i had no problems removing the old or drilling for the new and the new ones slid right in twice  now with no problems. i do wonder in my head how the 2.25 would sound and some day might get them to see and swap out for trips.
i also put on a catless coated head pipe from fuel moto 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:44:12 PM by hdff »
:fireman::fireman:
2012 FLHTCUSE7  "Flossie"

whozathd

• 2019 CVO RoadGlide
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2012, 08:40:40 AM »

Many thanks for all the info in this thread!   I'm considering many different setup's at this moment, but leaning most recently towards the Vance and Hines Power duals head pipes and the CFR (Cary Faas Racing) mufflers and the SERT for turning on the 2012 CVO Ultra.   With the sound bites I've found those sound pretty hot and not everyone has them.   Anyone heard this setup by chance?   IF so - thoughts you care to share?  Thanks!
2019 CVO Road Glide with Kerker Slip on, can still hear the Radio!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 20 queries.