Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Those with visionary skills. Please, I need your help!  (Read 19184 times)

mark

Re: Those with visionary skills. Please, I need your help!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »

Isn't it surprising how many people put stock in what some brother-inlaw's co-worker's cousin's mechanic knows.  Don't feel bad Steve, it happens in every occupation, profession, etc. 

BTW, my brother's sister-inlaw's husband has some expertise in this area due to his 6 months of continued employment working at the Jiffy Lube.  He said your product would perform better if you'd bake the crossover in a kiln for a few hours - he said this will open the pores of the metal, allowing for more heat dissipation. He was surprised you didn't know this. 

All kidding aside, I love my Fullsac Stage I....and don't want a refund.

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 11:07:20 PM »

Well you cant argue with a dyno...or can you?

While at Thunder Beach this year the ahead of me on the dyno was boasting that his Heritage was putting down 115+ hp/tq.  He claimed to have 10k in the engine.

The dyno said 90hp/96tq.

He left mad that he had to pay for a dyno run on a broken dyno.

What I would like to see is some before/after flow numbers on the throttle body, intake, heads, head pipes and mufflers.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2007 FLSTN
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »

You and I can both dyno it, but I'm trying to catch up with this new trend of visual performance analysis. The ability to "see the speed".
I have been looking at this long enough that I'm starting to think it will make zero gain on the builds below 100HP and about 1-2 HP
on say a 120R hitting the 125+ mark.

Does it look any faster with the round pipe? Its time to play "see the speed". What's your prediction?

Then we will dyno it and see if we are good as the current crop of visionaries.

SG

Where can I get degree in Visual Performance Analysis? Sounds like the hot new career field of the future. This combined with an advanced degree in Arm Chair Troubleshooting would be the hot ticket.

Jokes aside, the pipe looks good and Visual Performance Analysis experts will perceive that they perform better.  And while good looks and perceptions don't equate to better performance, they do play an important part in the decision making process.

If they don't make less power and can be produced without significantly increasing costs, I vote that you build them.

If they prove to make 1-2 HP more than your X-Pipe C on a big motor, I'll buy one.  

I'm half way through a new engine build (bottom end done, waiting to receive the top end from T-Man). Hoping to make 120-130HP/TQ when it's completed.

Before starting my build, I was running your CVO stage 2 kit with C pipe.   I plan to continue running your C pipe with 2" CVO muffler cores unless the dyno tuning indicates otherwise or your new D pipe proves to make better numbers.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:17:08 PM by HDGearHead »

hogasm

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 02:40:40 PM »

Steve, I'm sorry I couldn't do better man.  But after thousands of man-hours-milliseconds I was able to work this up for you.  Hope it helps.

Don, I'm afraid for you.  Anyone who sees horsepower and torque curves in that picture is in serious trouble. :nervous:

You need to back away from the keyboard, and do something non-motorcycle related for a day or two.

I only mention this because I care. :-*

Dan

I will take a swing at this.......Don went to the grocery store, saw a well endowed woman on the frozen food isle.....tried to warm those puppies and give them manual stimulation.......she picked up a frozen cucumber and as she swung that frozen cucumber at him....the torque of her swing was helped out by  sheer horsepower and now Don has a black eye.......maybe he needs to do something motorcycle related so as to stay away from the grocery store
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:47:30 PM by hogasm »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »

Can you still use it in all three holes? Or is that outdated too?

SG

Gawd no...one hole requires a lubricant with a much higher viscosity due to the tighter tolerances of the parts in there...a lot more friction is induced by the movement of the parts.  Gaulding those parts is unwise.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »

Where can I get degree in Visual Performance Analysis? Sounds like the hot new career field of the future. This combined with an advanced degree in Arm Chair Troubleshooting would be the hot ticket.

Jokes aside, the pipe looks good and Visual Performance Analysis experts will perceive that they perform better.  And while good looks and perceptions don't equate to better performance, they do play an important part in the decision making process.

If they don't make less power and can be produced without significantly increasing costs, I vote that you build them.

If they prove to make 1-2 HP more than your X-Pipe C on a big motor, I'll buy one.  

I'm half way through a new engine build (bottom end done, waiting to receive the top end from T-Man). Hoping to make 120-130HP/TQ when it's completed.

Before starting my build, I was running your CVO stage 2 kit with C pipe.   I plan to continue running your C pipe with 2" CVO muffler cores unless the dyno tuning indicates otherwise or your new D pipe proves to make better numbers.

All visual predictions aside, the D Pipe will be hitting the dyno soon on a 100 HP 103. I'll do a back to back test with the pipes getting switched right on the dyno.

Sounds like you have a nice build going on there. The larger 2.25 cores will gain you a few points at that power level.

SG
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:06:01 AM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »

All visual predictions aside, the D Pipe will hitting the dyno soon on a 100 HP 103. I will do a back to back test with the pipes getting switched right on the dyno.

Sounds like you have a nice build going on there. The larger 2.25 cores will gain you a few points at that power level.

SG

I look forward to your results.  I've been considering upgrading to your 2.25 cores or other slip-ons.  It'll be another month or so before my motor is back together and in the bike again. Because it snows here, it won't get the final tune until spring after I've been able to break it in for 2-300 miles.  My wallet is going to get a lot lighter over the winter.

I wasn't planning to do this build, however I had lifter failure at 12k miles that spread metal throughout the motor.  One thing led to the next.  Bottom end should be rock solid now with a Timken; Darkhorse flywheel with H beam rods; lefty bearing in the right case, S&S HL2T lifters and more.  

During the tear down, we found that the flywheel runout was .010 and had already begun to cause wear to the cam plate and pump.  Makes me wonder what the runout is on my other bike with twice the number of miles on it is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:18:59 AM by HDGearHead »

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:07 AM »

All visual predictions aside, the D Pipe will be hitting the dyno soon on a 100 HP 103. I'll do a back to back test with the pipes getting switched right on the dyno.

Have you had the D pipe on the dyno yet? 

Also, whats the difference between 2.25" CVO Muffler core vs. the 2.25" Power Cores SD? Is one louder than the other?  I imagine that any performance differences between them would be minimal or none?

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 10:40:12 AM »

Have you had the D pipe on the dyno yet? 

Also, whats the difference between 2.25" CVO Muffler core vs. the 2.25" Power Cores SD? Is one louder than the other?  I imagine that any performance differences between them would be minimal or none?

Oh yes, the D Pipe has been on the dyno. TQ gains were substantial! Working on production right now. Will release all the details with back to back dyno
charts in the next few weeks.

The 2.25 SD cores are louder for sure. More power? Not at the 100HP level.

SG

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »

Oh yes, the D Pipe has been on the dyno. TQ gains were substantial! Working on production right now. Will release all the details with back to back dyno
charts in the next few weeks.

The 2.25 SD cores are louder for sure. More power? Not at the 100HP level.

SG

Sounds awesome.  Will the production pipe have both the 18mm and 12mm O2 bungs?  Having the 18mm in place will allow me to easily switch out the ECM for a T-Max down the road.

Keep me posted.  As soon as you have something ready, I'll purchase one along with a set of 2.25" CVO muffler cores to replace my 2.0" cores (I'm concerned that the SD loudness may begin to bother me on longer trips).

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »

Sounds awesome.  Will the production pipe have both the 18mm and 12mm O2 bungs?  Having the 18mm in place will allow me to easily switch out the ECM for a T-Max down the road.

Keep me posted.  As soon as you have something ready, I'll purchase one along with a set of 2.25" CVO muffler cores to replace my 2.0" cores (I'm concerned that the SD loudness may begin to bother me on longer trips).
All of the X Pipes are available with dual 02s if needed.  The SDs are really just noise makers for those who like em loud. They dyno the same, so after all the request from the East coast, I finally gave in. Lol... Personally, I don't get it.

SG

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 02:58:28 PM »

Ok, maybe I missed something earlier, but to figure the area of a circle, or in this case, an exhaust pipe. Area = pi x R2, or 3.14159 x the radius squared.  Figured that way, an oval (squashed) pipe has the same area as a circular pipe of the same diameter even though it is not a perfect circle. Or, figured differently, take the circumference divided by pi (3.14159) which will give you diameter, divide that in half to get radius.

That's what I would think as well, to a point.

Assuming that the circumference stays the same between the round and oval tubing, to a minor ovalization the opening surface stays close to the same.

You would think that if you have 1.75" round with a circumference of 5.5" that if you took the same tube and squished it a bit to 2.0" x 1.5" that it would still flow the same, but it does not.  I have no problems figuring out bore/stroke/displacement etc, but figuring an eclipse (which is an oval) takes way more grey matter than I have to get it right.  So I went to an online calculator.

1.75" Round = 2.41 sq/in
2.0" x 1.5" = 2.36 sq/in
2.25" x 1.25" = 2.21 sq/in
2.5" x 1.0" = 1.96 sq/in

Now that's only assuming that those are similar to actual dimensions that you would get if you squished a round 1.75" tube 1/4" more each time you squished it.

Like HDGearHead said perception is important to the customer.  In the business I'm in perception is reality to our customers, right or wrong.  So we try to remove anything that may be perceived as "less".

I too am interested in seeing what Steve has come up with on a true round crossover pipe.

I do know that there is a noticeable difference in sound volume between my left muffler and my right muffler.  I have removed the CAT and run a stock head pipe with Steve's 2" baffles.  In a stock pipe situation there is a direct line for the right side pipe where the left side has to jog over and into the crossover pipe.

I never get bored on this site.  There is always a smart arse or two doing things that pique my interest and or gain my attention.

Keep it up guys...

Have a great weekend.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

jcraig147

• Full CVO Member
  • Batmobike 757 of 999

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-BLK
    • CVO2: 2004 Fatboy
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14:16 PM »

There is a readily available plug that stops the noise and hot air top side. Temp fix that requires negotiating. The silence is priceless.

SG

Steve,

Can you PM me and let me know what your are talking about?

Joe

Fullsac Stage 1, 2 in Cores, TTS Tuner

ultraswede

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:19 AM »

Oh yes, the D Pipe has been on the dyno. TQ gains were substantial! Working on production right now. Will release all the details with back to back dyno charts in the next few weeks.

Any news regarding this?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:00:14 AM by ultraswede »

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2012, 04:39:17 PM »

Any news regarding this?

Just received 15 sets of the "D" Xpipes from the coater on Friday. Retail cost is 529.00. You can call on Monday and get one. CVO member discounts do apply.

I will be releasing more dyno info as it becomes available. Currently I have dynoed the new "D" pipe or "Super X" pipe on a Stage II 103 and a Stage I 110.
Both bikes showed nice TQ gains in the mid range over the the standard "C" X Pipe. The 103 with the cams really came to life in the mid range showing an 8 FT pound
increase back to back on the dyno. The Stage I CVO I dynoed Friday had higher than average numbers making 98 HP and 116 TQ with the stock 255 cams. But I didn't do a back to back C VS D pipe dyno test, it cam in bone stock. I would like to get dyno info from a variety of bikes before I start giving out hi fives and making claims of "tremendous power gains". Jim at Metal Dragon has one going on a CVO this weekend. We will see what Jim's dyno numbers look like soon.  My friend Doc in Florida is getting one next, he's on the evaluation team too whether I like it or not, Lol.... And Doc, with out doubt will tell us exactly what he thinks!
I'm confident we will get a thumbs up from everyone. :2vrolijk_21:

Steve George
Fullsac Performance
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:41:10 PM by Fullsac Perf »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 24 queries.