Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Indians relaiblity ??  (Read 5649 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Indians relaiblity ??
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 12:23:45 PM »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 12:33:12 PM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »

Um...
              Late-Model Indian Motorcycles Recalled For Fire Risk Due To Excessive Exhaust Temperature.

:oops:

A recall over excessive heat?  Has the NTSB ever tested a stock 110?  Talk about excessive heat.  The Indian must spontaneously combust.... ;D

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

"In the event of an engine misfire, unburned fuel may pass through parts of the exhaust system, raising the exhaust temperatures."

Duh!  That's what happens with any vehicle with a catalyst in the exhaust system.  What are they trying to say, that Indian purposely had a misfire programmed into the ECM, and they will download a new calibration file to remove it?  Have to love the lack of detail in most of these reports.

I've seen people set cars on fire by running the engine with a severe misfire.  The cat will rapidly turn cherry red and eventually the internal honeycomb material will melt into a big lump.

Jerry

Here's the details for those interested.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:32:09 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 01:47:31 PM »

I have a 2016 Roadmaster.  Reliable, no real problems, good suspension, easy maintenance, very comfortable, added free-flowing air cleaner and slip-ons...really opened up the power (then added Stage II cams, which really added some zoom).  Well balanced and even though heavier, feels lighter than my SESG.  Engine seems bulletproof.  Overall, it seems well built and thought-out.  As far as the looks - it's an acquired taste.  Initially, I didn't like the look either.  However, I soon realized I had become institutionalized as to what a MC should look like, since there had been nothing else to choose from for the last couple of decades.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:50:34 PM by Mark »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »

I have a 2016 Roadmaster.  Reliable, no real problems, good suspension, easy maintenance, very comfortable, added free-flowing air cleaner and slip-ons...really opened up the power (then added Stage II cams, which really added some zoom).  Well balanced and even though heavier, feels lighter than my SESG.  Engine seems bulletproof.  Overall, it seems well built and thought-out.  As far as the looks - it's an acquired taste.  Initially, I didn't like the look either.  However, I soon realized I had become institutionalized as to what a MC should look like, since there had been nothing else to choose from for the last couple of decades.
very nice bike! keep us updated on how you like it.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »

I have considered trading my 2014 CVO Limited for a Roadmaster but I am waiting for a year or two to recuperate from buying these other two Indians. I have stage two on my Vintage and it will out run a stage one 103 SGS. Honestly I have had more reliability issues with the Harleys than the Indians.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 02:56:14 PM »

I did a extended test ride for (2) days & the bikes well balanced, has tons of tq but no actual hp imo. I'm much like you as I cant get past that fairing at all!

Comparatively speaking the the Harley does produce more total HP at higher rpm and the Indian has more low end tq.

As to the cosmetic appeal I think Harley makes some ugly bikes also. For years I hated the fairing look and it was made worse by all the saddle bags and then a huge trunk(tourpak) hanging off the back. Talk about an old geezer conglomeration!!!! Now I  own one and like it. ???

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »

The 2017 Indian Chieftain in thunder black pearl, paint job is impressive. MSRP 24k

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Toofast_28

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »

At sturgis this year I watched a brand new victory gunner (I think? Looked like a street glide) melt down the engine on the street in front of me in Deadwood.  Still had the license applied for tags, I asked the guy to confirm it was new, he said yep and angrily laughed.  Appeared to have melted a piston.  Anomaly I'm sure, but still a failure.

mark

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »

At sturgis this year I watched a brand new victory gunner (I think? Looked like a street glide) melt down the engine on the street in front of me in Deadwood.  Still had the license applied for tags, I asked the guy to confirm it was new, he said yep and angrily laughed.  Appeared to have melted a piston.  Anomaly I'm sure, but still a failure.

That settles it, I'm not going back to Sturgis.  Too many engine failures.

jc15025

• 2015 CVO FLHXSE
  • Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 09:35:42 AM »

Our American Legion Rider President bought one and it NICE, I just can't get past the skirted front fender?  I know it's nostalgic, but like everything else about it, especially the adjustable windshield. JC

The 2017 Indian Chieftain in thunder black pearl, paint job is impressive. MSRP 24k

TN

sold a 2005 Softail Deluxe and 1971 GTO  for my new used 2015 FLHXSE

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 07:20:58 AM »

After 12 days driving a 2016 Roadmaster (with 9k) thru BC (Sea to Sky-HyW)
I fully agree with Mark on
-) reliable
-) better suspension (stock) compared until 2016 models
-) well balanced, feels lighter than my RoadGlide
-) the heat is the same on the back cylinder

RESULT: well done
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 01:46:48 PM »

I hear that single shock on the back feels like forever travel and very comfy.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »

I traded the CVO Limited away for the new 2017 RM. We now have four of them.

25'000 miles total in a year and a half, for the lot of them, and not issues or spontaneous combustion.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.