Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: RIP Otis  (Read 20602 times)

Berlon aka: 1st Sergeant

Re: RIP Otis
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2015, 03:54:17 PM »

I have lost a Great Friend

Randal E. “Randy” Clay, 61 of Black Oak Road, Princeton, died Sunday, November 29, 2015, at Princeton Community Hospital. Born, September 23, 1954, in Charleston, he was the son of the late Clemith Clay and Aretha Loudermilk Clay Skeens. Prior to living in Princeton, Randal lived and worked in the Charleston/Dunbar area. He was a former car salesman and his hobbies were, NASCAR, drag racing, but his real passion was his Harley Davidson motorcycles. Randal was a member of the Ghost Riders Motorcycle Club, and attended The Bridge and while attending one of the services, he gave his heart to the Lord. Survivors include his wife of 28 years; Marlene Ann Misel Clay; Three children: Shawn Price, Elizabeth Watkins & Jennifer Seanze; Two step-children: Cynthia Shaddox & Douglas Johnson. Six grandchildren; Nine step-grandchildren; One brother: Mark Clay of S. Charleston. His three fur babies, Fred, Lucy, Bull. Funeral services will be held 11:00 AM Friday, December 4, 2015 from the Burns Wornal Chapel of the Memorial Funeral Directory on the Athens Road in Princeton with Pastor Eddie Day officiating. Graveside services will be held 2:30 PM at the Grandview Memorial Gardens in Dunbar. Friends may call Friday from 10:00 AM until the service hour at the funeral home. Serving as pallbearers will be his friends.   The Clay family is being served by the Memorial Funeral Directory and Cremation Center on the Athens Road in Princeton.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »

RIP Randy!!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »

RIP brother, we'll see you on the other side. Ride On!
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Miss Susan

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

• CVO1: 2003 Lowrider
    • CVO2: 1971 Vespa Scooter
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2015, 07:43:55 PM »

Shrader and Berlon leading a group of riders leading Randy 'Otis' Clay to his resting place.
I'm sure Otis was in heaven yelling at the hearst driver to speed up and pass Shrader and Berlon.

Very moving and appropriate service for Otis.

Miss Susan
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders, Mother Chapter, Princeton WV
Charter Member CVO Critter Gawking Society
2023 Maggie Valley
2022 Maggie Valley
2021 Maggie Valley
2020 Maggie Valley
2019 Maggie Valley
2018 Maggie Valley
2017 Maggie Valley
2016 Maggie Valley
2016 WV GTG
2015 Maggie Valley
2015 New River Gorge
2014 Maggie Valley
2012 Maggie Valley

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2015, 08:56:47 PM »

Very moving indeed.

Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2015, 09:27:32 PM »

Shrader and Berlon leading a group of riders leading Randy 'Otis' Clay to his resting place.
I'm sure Otis was in heaven yelling at the hearst driver to speed up and pass Shrader and Berlon.

Very moving and appropriate service for Otis.

Miss Susan

From what I heard during the services I'm sure he wanted to pass them. Eddy Day from the Bridge in Princeton did a great job of helping everyone celebrate Randy's life. Shrader did a fantastic job telling some nice stories about the jokester side of Randy. It was moving to see and meet his friends and see how much he was a part of their lives. 

RIP Brother
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »

RIP Otis. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, He was a great guy and a true friend!

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2015, 10:40:49 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for the condolences, pictures and kind words everyone has posted on this site.  It has been heartwarming for me to read them and to know how much Randy was liked. He had not been well for quite a while but he never gave up.  Such a trooper!  The day before he passed, he said he wanted to ride the V Rod since the weather was nice.  He went to the truck to get his drivers license and came back in the garage and had to sit down to catch his breath.  Of course I was telling him he was not well enough to be riding.  As usual, he didn't listen to me. He said it wouldn't be too stressful and off he went.  Later that evening we attended a dinner at the Ghost Riders Club House and we had a good time.  Then the next morning he was still having breathing problems and agreed to go to the emergency room by ambulance.  The hospital is just a few minutes away and by the time we got there, blood work and EKG was done and he died almost immediately.  I was with him and everything happened so fast. 

Special thanks to Shrader, Miss Susan, Berlon, Kenny & Francine.  It's comforting to have such good friends.  I have met a few of the CVO group and was hoping to attend one of the gatherings so I could meet more, but with 3 dogs it was hard to get away together especially with Fred (the mean one)!   

Thanks again for everything.  I know Randy loved being part of the CVO group.

Mrs. Otis (Marlene)
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »

I met Otis at my first GTG in the Valley.  He was the first person to welcome me and I will never forget his kindness.  Rest in peace Otis.  You will be missed.
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2015, 04:08:02 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for the condolences, pictures and kind words everyone has posted on this site.  It has been heartwarming for me to read them and to know how much Randy was liked. He had not been well for quite a while but he never gave up.  Such a trooper!  The day before he passed, he said he wanted to ride the V Rod since the weather was nice.  He went to the truck to get his drivers license and came back in the garage and had to sit down to catch his breath.  Of course I was telling him he was not well enough to be riding.  As usual, he didn't listen to me. He said it wouldn't be too stressful and off he went.  Later that evening we attended a dinner at the Ghost Riders Club House and we had a good time.  Then the next morning he was still having breathing problems and agreed to go to the emergency room by ambulance.  The hospital is just a few minutes away and by the time we got there, blood work and EKG was done and he died almost immediately.  I was with him and everything happened so fast. 

Special thanks to Shrader, Miss Susan, Berlon, Kenny & Francine.  It's comforting to have such good friends.  I have met a few of the CVO group and was hoping to attend one of the gatherings so I could meet more, but with 3 dogs it was hard to get away together especially with Fred (the mean one)!   

Thanks again for everything.  I know Randy loved being part of the CVO group.

Mrs. Otis (Marlene)

Mrs. Otis,

This is Ken, who Otis bought the V-Rod from. I met ya'll somewhere in Ky when he got it.

My heartfelt condolences. Otis was a great guy and fun to be around. He'll be missed by all of us.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2015, 02:43:41 PM »

Just saw this post. Have been away for awhile and not reading the board.

I only knew Otis through a couple of phone call and PMs, bought some items off of him. Always read his posts. I know he will be greatly missed by those who knew him

RIP Otis,

geezerglide

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
RIP Otis
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2016, 02:20:41 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Miss Susan

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WV

• CVO1: 2003 Lowrider
    • CVO2: 1971 Vespa Scooter
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 10:14:45 PM »

Great picture. When was it taken?

Miss Susan
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders, Mother Chapter, Princeton WV
Charter Member CVO Critter Gawking Society
2023 Maggie Valley
2022 Maggie Valley
2021 Maggie Valley
2020 Maggie Valley
2019 Maggie Valley
2018 Maggie Valley
2017 Maggie Valley
2016 Maggie Valley
2016 WV GTG
2015 Maggie Valley
2015 New River Gorge
2014 Maggie Valley
2012 Maggie Valley

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2016, 11:32:29 PM »

Great picture. When was it taken?

Miss Susan

I'm trying to remember.......OTIS and Derek went to Daytona with me 2 years in a row.  I think it was 2010 & 2011.  I still had that Champagne colored Duramax, because one year he Trailered his and Derek's Bikes with it, and the next year he Trailered them with that white Dually of mine. The first trip, Derek had that flat-black Fat Bob, and the next year he had the Skunk.  OTIS also took that SE V-Rod of Kennie's, one year.  That picture was taken at Harry's house.  Harry & Michelle treated us all to a meal fit for a King, that night.  Steaks 3" thick!!!  Then, we went to "Main Street."  A night me and Harry won't soon forget!  But I won't go there.  Lol.  I miss Ol' OTIS.  He made me laugh!  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
RIP Otis
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2016, 07:18:26 AM »

Hub,

It was the year of the Skunk.   I vividly remember almost being arrested for putting the key in it in Daytona and then riding it home in 40 degrees temps with a wind breaker on I-4.  Then sat outside freezing while you made the 11 stop ride home hahaha.    Bubble blowing comes to mind.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:21:30 AM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 25 queries.