Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Traxxion AK-20 Save My Ass!!!  (Read 3775 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Traxxion AK-20 Save My Ass!!!
« on: August 14, 2007, 10:10:30 AM »

Hey gang! I was out riding last night. On my way home, I was behind a car that must have straddled a "crater-sized" pothole. I found myself with absolutely no time to avoid it. I prepared for it "dirt bike style" and got my ass of the seat and loosened my grip. I let the bike go through and hoped for the best. BANG! That front hit hard! My entire body, except my hands, left the bike! I expected a bent rim, blown out tire, dented top of front fender from the brake tee and lower tree, and to scrape/bent chit underneath. I actually expected to go down! I kept the bike up and pulled over immediately. Wait a minute, the bike still rides OK. I inspected everything thoroughly. Where's the damage? :confused5: Fender fine. Wheel fine. Tire not flat. No damage underneath. WTF, could the Traxxion have saved my ass and my bike? I truly believe, had it not been for that front end, I'd have gone down and/or done some major damage. After all, this ain't the first time this has happened to me in NYC. I bent 21" spoke wheels like no tomorrow before replacing it with a mag wheel on my '85 FXWG.

I'm getting a little creaking from the neck, I noticed this morning. I'll try greasing the bearings thru the zerk fitting, but I'm not convinced I don't have to replace them. But lubing them might help. But all in all, I'm totally amazed how little damage there was. The only apparent damage was the chrome end cap from the throttle grip came flying off! So far, that's it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

So besides the great handling the AK-20 gives you, it saved my ass last night too! You're friggin' nuts if you don't do this mod. I'd never own another FL again without it! I am an AK-20 believer! And now apparently their spokesman! And remember, as Traxxion says, "It ain't bragging if you can back it up!!!" ::)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Traxxion AK-20 Save My Ass!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 10:46:47 AM »

Hey gang! I was out riding last night. On my way home, I was behind a car that must have straddled a "crater-sized" pothole. I found myself with absolutely no time to avoid it. I prepared for it "dirt bike style" and got my ass of the seat and loosened my grip. I let the bike go through and hoped for the best. BANG! That front hit hard! My entire body, except my hands, left the bike! I expected a bent rim, blown out tire, dented top of front fender from the brake tee and lower tree, and to scrape/bent chit underneath. I actually expected to go down! I kept the bike up and pulled over immediately. Wait a minute, the bike still rides OK. I inspected everything thoroughly. Where's the damage? :confused5: Fender fine. Wheel fine. Tire not flat. No damage underneath. WTF, could the Traxxion have saved my ass and my bike? I truly believe, had it not been for that front end, I'd have gone down and/or done some major damage. After all, this ain't the first time this has happened to me in NYC. I bent 21" spoke wheels like no tomorrow before replacing it with a mag wheel on my '85 FXWG.

I'm getting a little creaking from the neck, I noticed this morning. I'll try greasing the bearings thru the zerk fitting, but I'm not convinced I don't have to replace them. But lubing them might help. But all in all, I'm totally amazed how little damage there was. The only apparent damage was the chrome end cap from the throttle grip came flying off! So far, that's it!!! :2vrolijk_21:

So besides the great handling the AK-20 gives you, it saved my ass last night too! You're friggin' nuts if you don't do this mod. I'd never own another FL again without it! I am an AK-20 believer! And now apparently their spokesman! And remember, as Traxxion says, "It ain't bragging if you can back it up!!!" ::)

Hoist! 8)

Howie

Reading your adventures is like watching the latest survivor episode.
We all want to cheer the underdog on but hell when your done we all need a vacation.
Reminds me of the "Indiana Jones" movies. When they are over it's great, then we can hit the bed and rest from all the excitement.

But it sure is an interesting read!
Keep up the good work.

S
  /
    B

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:19:09 AM »

Wonder if they'll add something like this to the brochure  :huepfenlol2: ?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »

I just got back from testing the bike after last night's pothole fiasco. No vibrations and the bike tracks perfectly. But I do notice some ever so slight wobble going heavy into turns now. I'll need to get in there and try to readjust the neck bearings. If it doesn't help or they are adjusted properly, I'll probably have to replace the neck bearings. Small price to pay for what could have been much, much worse!

F NYC and F Mayor Bloomberg! Keep collecting money from every possible violation you can muster up. Keep making record money for the city's coffers. Keep leaving our F'n streets in this condition while you stockpile all that cash, you F'n moron!!! Haven't you noticed that the streets haven't been this bad since that moron Lindsay was Mayor! You're no friggin' better. And you call yourself a Republican! Ha! Man, I gotta get outta this place already!!! :soapbox: OK, I'm done. I feel a little better now! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 04:32:25 PM »

Howie,
Glad you weren't hurt and bike okay. Nice to have a product you can swear by and not swear at! I know once you go Traxx you never go back!  :huepfenlol2:  john
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »

F NYC and F Mayor Bloomberg! Keep collecting money from every possible violation you can muster up. Keep making record money for the city's coffers. Keep leaving our F'n streets in this condition while you stockpile all that cash, you F'n moron!!! Haven't you noticed that the streets haven't been this bad since that moron Lindsay was Mayor! You're no friggin' better. And you call yourself a Republican! Ha! Man, I gotta get outta this place already!!! :soapbox: OK, I'm done. I feel a little better now! ;)

Hoist! 8)

What he said!  Glad you and the bike came through fine, but sorry to hear about the possible neck bearings issue.  I've got to agree with Chip, you're my daily entertainment and I mean that in a good way!  Every time I read about one of your adventures, it puts a smile on my face.  Keep it coming!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 04:59:06 PM »

What he said!  Glad you and the bike came through fine, but sorry to hear about the possible neck bearings issue.  I've got to agree with Chip, you're my daily entertainment and I mean that in a good way!  Every time I read about one of your adventures, it puts a smile on my face.  Keep it coming!

;D ;D ;D Thanks man! But are you sure about that? ::)

Not that it would stop me anyway! :D

Hoist! 8)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:24:46 PM »

I just got back from testing the bike after last night's pothole fiasco. No vibrations and the bike tracks perfectly. But I do notice some ever so slight wobble going heavy into turns now. I'll need to get in there and try to readjust the neck bearings. If it doesn't help or they are adjusted properly, I'll probably have to replace the neck bearings. Small price to pay for what could have been much, much worse!

Hoist! 8)

Hoist, Bloomberg is certainly no Republican. He is just a top shelf opportunist that saw an opportunity to ride Rudy's coattails, later his true colors came out.
"Michael Rubens Bloomberg (born 14 February 1942) is an American businessman, philanthropist, and the founder of Bloomberg L.P., currently serving as the Mayor of New York City. He was a general partner at Salomon Brothers before founding the financial software service company in 1981. Although a lifelong Democrat, he ran on the Republican ballot and was elected mayor in 2001, and was reelected to a second term in 2005. He is frequently mentioned as a possible independent candidate for the 2008 presidential election and fueled that speculation when he left the Republican Party in June 2007"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:48:31 PM »

Hoist, Bloomberg is certainly no Republican. He is just a top shelf opportunist that saw an opportunity to ride Rudy's coattails, later his true colors came out.
"Michael Rubens Bloomberg (born 14 February 1942) is an American businessman, philanthropist, and the founder of Bloomberg L.P., currently serving as the Mayor of New York City. He was a general partner at Salomon Brothers before founding the financial software service company in 1981. Although a lifelong Democrat, he ran on the Republican ballot and was elected mayor in 2001, and was reelected to a second term in 2005. He is frequently mentioned as a possible independent candidate for the 2008 presidential election and fueled that speculation when he left the Republican Party in June 2007"

Thanks Mark. Didn't realized he left the party. Too bad he didn't leave NY too! ::) But your comment is spot on. The last election gave us no choice. A bleeding heart liberal or Bloomers. Now we can't get the damn potholes fixed, but the city's got cash! ;D If Green got in though, we'd still have the potholes and no cash either! ;D

Some choice, huh!

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie

As I said, along with others, you are quite entertaining!
Your exploits have a lot of us hoping for the best for you as we read and reread your post.
But I have to tell you,
Skip the "friggin", leave out the F-kin, all the "F" words might make you feel better but to me they are just an indication that you are operating on no higher level than the people, warranty, or company you critize. I know you and I know you are better than some of the words you use in this public forum. I stand alone in my post here but as you know,
I care about you but some of the words you use I don't care for.
Remember, this is a public forum!

And that is "my honest opinion" for what it's worth.

S
  /
    B

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 08:57:07 PM »

Howie

As I said, along with others, you are quite entertaining!
Your exploits have a lot of us hoping for the best for you as we read and reread your post.
But I have to tell you,
Skip the "friggin", leave out the F-kin, all the "F" words might make you feel better but to me they are just an indication that you are operating on no higher level than the people, warranty, or company you critize. I know you and I know you are better than some of the words you use in this public forum. I stand alone in my post here but as you know,
I care about you but some of the words you use I don't care for.
Remember, this is a public forum!

And that is "my honest opinion" for what it's worth.

S
  /
    B

Actually Chip that's the first good advice you've ever given me. ;D But seriously, the point is well taken and I'll try to be more cognisant of it. It's used a little for effect as we can't express emotions very easily in the written form. And I thought by bleeping it, it would only be taken as effect in a biker forum. But since it's offensive to some, I'll try to be more creative. Thanks for pointing it out. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 09:08:39 PM »

Actually Chip that's the first good advice you've ever given me. ;D But seriously, the point is well taken and I'll try to be more cognisant of it. It's used a little for effect as we can't express emotions very easily in the written form. And I thought by bleeping it, it would only be taken as effect in a biker forum. But since it's offensive to some, I'll try to be more creative. Thanks for pointing it out. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Thanks Bud!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 09:29:34 PM »

Hoist you need to move south we ant got no pot heads or holes down here just a few good old boys  youl fit in....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 09:34:04 PM »

Hoist you need to move south we ant got no pot heads or holes down here just a few good old boys  youl fit in....

Thanks skippy. I almost got the opportunity and would've jumped on it. I only have a few years left, and I can retire and get out then. NC's looking mighty nice and so is KY. And Binx likes both too. But I love the South and always got along well, even as a damn Yankee! ;D

Hoist! 8)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 09:40:53 PM »

Skippy

Don't let him kid you.
I think he's scared to live down here in paradise!

S
  /
    B

Besides, Maude lives in the south!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.