Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rotor comparison  (Read 855 times)

uawman

• Full CVO Member
rotor comparison
« on: April 21, 2012, 08:12:24 PM »

Other than the bolt size, is the front and rear rotor the same on a 07 FLH series and what is the "pin" for in the rotor?

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: rotor comparison
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:43:08 AM »

The pin is semi-floating.  I'm not sure about them being the same. Although the part book claimed mine were the same on my '06 SEUC, clearly the fronts were full floaters and the rears were solid.  I just replaced my rear with a matching rear full floater and I believe the PN was different than the front.  Only way to know for sure is to get out the book and check 'em. There's a complete couple of pages with all of the various rotors in the 2012 Parts & Accessory Book.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »

The rotors on a standard '07 FLH are three different part numbers.  The fronts come in a right and left, and the rear is a different number than either of the fronts.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

uawman

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:15:56 AM »

I know they're directional (aestitics only I believe) and the rear has a 3/8 ths bolt vs 5/16 front but I'm wondering if a right front drilled out to 3/8ths will work on the rear?

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »

actually not true - they were designed to turn one way - and it was found they sing that way so now they run the other way - ie the left front is on the right and the right front is on the left. [07]

my service manual shows pictures and all of how they have to be mounted opposite of what is stamped on the rotors.

the other issue thats important is that there is a recess machined in one side of each rotor for the bolt heads - so they only bolt on one way.

to

uawman

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »

The front rotors do not have a recess for the bolts but the back does on this 08 FLHX and the back rotor is actually thicker.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.