Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets  (Read 60223 times)

TaxmanHog

• FLHRSEI.ORG
    • Old Web Site
Re: HD Cust Serv Call Campaign - 110 Head Gaskets
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2008, 02:28:40 AM »

I made the call today, apparently one part was on backorder (replacement of the cracked Y-PIPE)
They were waiting for it to arrive, it came in last Friday!
My bike was put on the work schedule and they are working on it now.
It should be done before the end of this week -IF- no unforeseen issues arise.....
Looking forward to getting her back!
She only has 14,411 miles and about 6 months left of the warranty.

Picked up the bike this afternoon, new version-07B headgaskets on both heads, New Y-pipe, no leaks after 200 miles of riding this afternoon & evening.
New Air filter, apparently the old filter had burned spots!

New rear tire & fresh set of rear brake pads, (I favor my rear brakes more than the front, though I do use both).

They could not repeat he starter gear to clutch basket grinding (it is sporadic), if it gets worse I'll have them check it out again in the late Fall, AFTER prime riding season & before the warranty is up Mid-November. The SM tried to convince me the noise I may be hearing was the notorious compensator clunk, I've heard that sound before and it's not the same as my problem noise.

Ride Report:
Took the bike up to the Sunoco station to top off with some cheep NH fuel, $4.02 for ULTRA93.
Notice the new Y pipe was baking off the protectants still a bit of oily smoke, that cleared after a few minutes, I notice the Y-pipe bracket bolt has a nut which was only started, not rundown & torqued, apparently the wrench forget one fastener which needs tightening.

I am not returning to the dealer with only a half hour to closing, I finger tighten it and plan to TQ it when I get to my Brother in Laws house in Nashua.

The ride was nice with the fresh tire, the engine purred, only a minor amount of valve clatter, nothing like before, I suspect the clearancing of the rocker cover was done (not sure as it's not mentioned on the final work report/invoice. The notable quiet could also be the lack of an exhaust leak.

The engine pulled strong with no valve/knock at 2500 to 4000 RPM, was was the case prior to the work.

Overall the engine sounded & performed great!  :bananarock:

Time will tell over the coming months how this gasket holds up and if the starter-gear noise grows worse/or not.
2007 FLHTCHSE-2
2006 VRXSE Actively Drag Racing 2011 to Present.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2008, 02:39:02 AM »

Picked up the bike this afternoon...

TM, glad to hear it's working out. I just got mine back yesterday afternoon myself.

lv2ride56

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2008, 10:50:37 PM »

I know this is an old thread but I finally found the customer service numbers here so......
I have an 07 UC with the 110. After 11000 miles it has been torn down 3 times for upper end rebuild. I think the first time was really the fault of the dealer as it was set up to run over 17-1 AFR and literally burned up. Since then it has been gasket problems and then the "enhancemnent' (read recall) where it got new heads, with the new ACR's, and gaskets. Since it was still going through oil, as it had since brand new, I insisted that I have new rings also as this was the third upper end tear down. The second without rings. The dealer finally agreed to put in new rings after I insisted, AND bought the new rings. How cheap is H-D?
Since the rebuild it burns no oil but it keeps throwing trouble codes showing both front and rear sensors low (lean) and both front and rear cylinders no compression.
I recently had a talk with my dealer where they said no problem WE will take care of you after your warranty expires in 5 months. They also told me they would be happy to sell me the extended warranty insurance even though they agreed that with the SERT (which the dealer recommended) the insurance company, CNA, would not cover the bike, they would still "take care of me".
Today I call the customer service number listed in this thread and talked, finally, with Ola, a very nice lady. After describing the problems with my bike to her, she agreed that the 110 has had its share of problems. She went on to tell me that H-D does not extend any warranty past the factory warranty period but they do extend good will for the 110 motors. Ola told me that the MoCO would take care of any problems that the motor itself had that were not rider caused. Pressing for something in writing got me no where. I even told her I would be happy with just a stock 96 motor which got no response. Her word against mine, I guess, although I did get a reference number referring to the phone call which, I'm sure, the notes reflect her input on what I said.
One of the things she recommended was the 'extended warranty'. When I explained that I had the dealer recomended SERT and I had heard that CNA would not cover the bike, she agreed again telling me that the MoCo would 'take care of me' as far as the 110 motor was concerned.
Not satisfactory to me, but, at least I have a reference number regarding the phone call written down.
Other than continuing to call the customer service numbers, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the MoCo to deliver on this less than satisfactory motorcycle. Actually, not the motorcycle, just the motor.
Patriot Guard Rider
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 24 queries.