Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Chopped Lowers and adding the protector

(1/2) > >>

FELIX:
Okay the weather is going to probably start to turn a little bit soon. On my previous bikes I was able to put some of those leather chaps or wind protectors or whatever you want to call them on my engine guard. Of course we now have the chopped engine guard has anyone come across someone that's designed something to fit this engine guard so that the the wind chaps can be added?  I do not have lowers.  I do realize I could probably go out and purchase an engine guard full size one an attached it mind you I'm not sure if I'm going to run into some kind of a problem attaching it so I was really hoping that somebody has designed or developed something that would work?

fastfreddy:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/O9wAAOSwL4tdd0Mo/s-l300.jpg        seems there are several ... google  :2vrolijk_21:

FELIX:
It looks like those would work perfect for somebody that has a full-sized engine guard. Won't do much for the guys with the chopped guards that want full size protection.

fastfreddy:
ebay has engine guard and hard lower fairing kits $180. bucks for 2020s and some at $140. bucks for 09-14s  good luck on your search

FELIX:
Thank you, it's a good thought, I was wanting to keep the shorter guard and hoped someone had designed a full size soft lower, but search and search has brought up nothing.  Getting a full size guard and either size guard and either soft lowers in the way of chaps or hard lowers is a good alternative.  Think if I go that route and choose hard lowers I will get the right ones from Harley and such up the payment.   Ugh.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version