Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 80884 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAA!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You're a pisser Mike!!! :2vrolijk_21: :drink: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

LOL   ;D ;D ;D  I'll drink to that Howie!   :drink: :drink: :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »

I'm late in posting on this thread and from the good Colonel's response a couple posts back, I'm not going to read backwards. Rather I'd ask what intelligent folks think of the road ahead. Does one bail on stocks and mutuals and hide out in money market funds or does one ride out the storm (meaning sit pat and do nothing since you only lose if you sell)

B B

BB look at the long term history on the stock market - it averages out at 10-12% a year.  

I look at this as a buying opportunity - but I am 40 with at least 10 years before I retire...have my kids college paid for and have a retirement funded in large part by Uncle Sam (and your tax dollars, thanks by the way!).  

Heard of some folks dumping out to CD's and such, but that locks you into a low interest rate for a set period, not my cup of tea.

Guess it depends on your stomach and situation...mine is iron clad and I am in for a long haul.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »

There is a treasure trove of pictures of bunnies with a pancake on their head.

Google "Oolong".  Sort of like the Travelocity Gnome, only different.

man, I love this site...other then alt.freaks where do you learn about stuff like this!

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »

Don,  thank you for hijacking the thread.......it was a service to our community

after the 3rd page of your nonsense my A.D.D. kicked in and refused to counter orig post....

Thanks again.......blood pressure returned to normal
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »

man, I love this site...other then alt.freaks where do you learn about stuff like this!

Don't remember where I saw this stuff first.  Been posting on boards since the old BBS dial in days (mid 1990's or so). Have been linked to so many weird/strange sites......  Miss the old boards sometimes - not many folks were posting, in comparison.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2008, 08:53:40 PM »

Don't remember where I saw this first.  Been posting on boards since the old BBS dial in days (mid 1990's or so). Have been linked to so many weird/strange sites......  Miss the old boards sometimes - not many folks were posting, in comparison.

I used to use GEnie...  And Gopher!  (not the love boat Gopher...)

Sean M Cary

« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2008, 08:55:55 PM »

Don't remember where I saw this stuff first.  Been posting on boards since the old BBS dial in days (mid 1990's or so). Have been linked to so many weird/strange sites......  Miss the old boards sometimes - not many folks were posting, in comparison.

I had this purple wire bunny someone left on my desk when I was deployed to Qatar back in 04...  Since I was locked into staying in Qatar and couldn't get to where I really wanted to be, I sent the wire bunny to Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and every other "stan" that someone was going to.

Had to live my combat vicariously that year...made up for it spades since then. 

That bunny got some mileage, had pics somewhere.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #232 on: September 16, 2008, 08:56:46 PM »

I used to use GEnie...  And Gopher!  (not the love boat Gopher...)

The dial ups were at universities mostly as I recall.  Bulletin Boards.  Got AOL sometime in the 90's.  SOB's were so hard to cancel - AOL is not my favorite company - they suck gnat balls.  

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #233 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »

I had this purple wire bunny someone left on my desk when I was deployed to Qatar back in 04...  Since I was locked into staying in Qatar and couldn't get to where I really wanted to be, I sent the wire bunny to Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and every other "stan" that someone was going to.

Had to live my combat vicariously that year...made up for it spades since then. 

That bunny got some mileage, had pics somewhere.

Sounds like fun.  Gave up trying to remember all the 'stan' countries, so I usually just refer to some of them as

Wherethe'F'istans.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #234 on: September 16, 2008, 09:01:45 PM »

Sounds like fun.  Gave up trying to remember all the 'stan' countries, so I usually just refer to some of them as

Wherethe'F'istans.

I had this one Marine LtCol swear he was going to kill me, they searched his luggage in Pakistan and the freakin bunny was in there!!  Man, laughed my ass off about that one.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #235 on: September 16, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »

I had this one Marine LtCol swear he was going to kill me, they searched his luggage in Pakistan and the freakin bunny was in there!!  Man, laughed my ass off about that one.

;D ;D ;D

You have a twisted, sick sense of humor, Sean. And I admire that!   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #236 on: September 16, 2008, 09:34:57 PM »

Don,

where the F&$K are my shocks?

Consider, if you will, the shock.  Not the electric variety.  But that other, that lifting and reaffirming device we call; suspension.  First it is there, then it is not.  It's a thing we call the negative load.  Science can not predict, nor man understand why it is.  But we know it to exist.  Across the span of space and time it is there.  Forever chasing.  Forever present.  We can't stop it.  We can't catch it.  Only the shock can slow it down as it comes at us from; The Twilight Zone.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #237 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »

BB look at the long term history on the stock market - it averages out at 10-12% a year.  

I look at this as a buying opportunity - but I am 40 with at least 10 years before I retire...have my kids college paid for and have a retirement funded in large part by Uncle Sam (and your tax dollars, thanks by the way!).  

Heard of some folks dumping out to CD's and such, but that locks you into a low interest rate for a set period, not my cup of tea.

Guess it depends on your stomach and situation...mine is iron clad and I am in for a long haul.

Well first off, you should know that I had no plans to retire until I was 65, but have had it forced on me due to physical reasons. I have some investments, but no where near what I'd hoped would be in place 10 years from now. As such, what I do have I don't have the luxury of playing games with. Also, with the housing market being what it is, selling my house would not net me anywhere near what it should until things improve greatly. But that was a part of the retirement plan as the house is about 3 times what my wife and I need. So I guess sit tight may well be the best course of action. HOWEVER, I am known as a person who makes chit happen, so sitting around doing nothing is not exactly my forte.

B B

elvislee

« Reply #238 on: September 16, 2008, 09:45:25 PM »

Don,  thank you for hijacking the thread.......it was a service to our community

after the 3rd page of your nonsense my A.D.D. kicked in and refused to counter orig post....

Thanks again.......blood pressure returned to normal

Don...Does this mean your a community organizer?   ::)  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #239 on: September 16, 2008, 10:10:34 PM »

Don...Does this mean your a community organizer?   ::)  ;D  :2vrolijk_21:

uh, disorganizer :nixweiss::coolblue:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 59

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 20 queries.