Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 80883 times)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »

Lack of money is the source of all evils.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2008, 02:00:36 PM »

Goes to show ya, you hard enough, you get you deserve..Ponzi anyone....Buehler???

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

So Hoist and Twolane are the de facto thread coolers.  Kind of like bouncers with a side show.   It's a little irritating having to plow through the show to find the next legit reply.  If someone had in fact crossed the line, I'd prefer the mods step in and enforce the rules.  My 2 cents. Don't mean to offend anybody. 

there were no legit replies in this threa. noone crossed any lines. the more active members were making a statement that there have been enough political threads here lateley. i doubt anyone here is still undecided on their vote with 6 weeks togo. so why do we need memebers getting into it at a personal level and throwing away friendships  :nixweiss:

IROAR, will offer the time and respect of one direct response to this thread.  Neal, of course, nailed what was going on 100%.  To fully detail the subject though the nature of the response was even more to the tone of how the topic was started than the topic itself.  That should have been obvious.

Had it been an even moderately thoughtful mention of issues in yesterday's and the recent weeks and months market and other financial troubles nothing would have happened.  We are bright people here capable of having intelligent well minded discussions on a regular basis.  And we do.  We're also bright enough to be bored chitless by drivel.

What was started was not a high minded discussion of financial foibles.  It was a barely-sensical kvetch about administrations and campaigns when everyone realizes that though they get credit and blame for the economy writ large the White House really does not control it.  The thread title might as well have been "I want to bitch about Bush and McCain and this is the reason I'm picking today."  I saw it and suffered an aneurism.  Or had the thought "chit, not another thread like that; isn't enough freaking enough."  The two feel the same.

Given the totality of the response numbers suggest most others felt the same.  And, believe me, I'd have felt exactly the same way if it'd been a thread bitching about Obama and the legislature.  Enough is enough.  We've had good people here saying spurious things to other good people.  Insults have been real.  Enough is enough.

If a discussion of the state of the economy among a bunch of gear heads is important to you go start one.  If it's legimately offered it won't get... um... any more slightly sidetracked than any other tread. 

Rather than having to watch a potential train wreck and once again see friends picking at friends over nonsense you are right.  I purposefully derailed the thread.  With ill intent toward no one.  With ill word not spoken to anyone.  With not a shot fired that wasn't in jest.  Isn't that really a better alternative in this venue than yet another thread about whether some Democrat's daddy can beat up some Republican's?

Having asked that question in closing I'll also say I really am unconcerned about the answer.  As long as we're not bitching at one another I'm satisfied.  That's the end of my part of any serious discussion here.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2008, 03:54:18 PM »

IROAR, will offer the time and respect of one direct response to this thread.  Neal, of course, nailed what was going on 100%.  To fully detail the subject though the nature of the response was even more to the tone of how the topic was started than the topic itself.  That should have been obvious.

Had it been an even moderately thoughtful mention of issues in yesterday's and the recent weeks and months market and other financial troubles nothing would have happened.  We are bright people here capable of having intelligent well minded discussions on a regular basis.  And we do.  We're also bright enough to be bored chitless by drivel.

What was started was not a high minded discussion of financial foibles.  It was a barely-sensical kvetch about administrations and campaigns when everyone realizes that though they get credit and blame for the economy writ large the White House really does not control it.  The thread title might as well have been "I want to bitch about Bush and McCain and this is the reason I'm picking today."  I saw it and suffered an aneurism.  Or had the thought "chit, not another thread like that; isn't enough freaking enough."  The two feel the same.

Given the totality of the response numbers suggest most others felt the same.  And, believe me, I'd have felt exactly the same way if it'd been a thread bitching about Obama and the legislature.  Enough is enough.  We've had good people here saying spurious things to other good people.  Insults have been real.  Enough is enough.

If a discussion of the state of the economy among a bunch of gear heads is important to you go start one.  If it's legimately offered it won't get... um... any more slightly sidetracked than any other tread. 

Rather than having to watch a potential train wreck and once again see friends picking at friends over nonsense you are right.  I purposefully derailed the thread.  With ill intent toward no one.  With ill word not spoken to anyone.  With not a shot fired that wasn't in jest.  Isn't that really a better alternative in this venue than yet another thread about whether some Democrat's daddy can beat up some Republican's?

Having asked that question in closing I'll also say I really am unconcerned about the answer.  As long as we're not bitching at one another I'm satisfied.  That's the end of my part of any serious discussion here.

Your bike is ugly too. Both of em.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2008, 03:58:10 PM »

Your bike is ugly too. Both of em.

Yeah, well your dogs liked me better than you!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2008, 04:03:53 PM »

This has got to be the best thread jacking I've ever seen. It instantly went to 14 pages of nothing.  :2vrolijk_21: It's fun.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2008, 04:13:54 PM »

This has got to be the best thread jacking I've ever seen. It instantly went to 14 pages of nothing.  :2vrolijk_21: It's fun.

But nothing is something when something was nothing to begin with.  If something had been something than nothing would have happened.  Unless nothing was going to be something.  But if something was going to be anything than anything might have happened; except it didn't.  Then it did.  So if not for the nothing there wouldn't have been the something that didn't lead to anything except the something like this.  Really.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »

On the subject of the meltdown, both candidates for the Presidency actually got it (partially) right in their comments today.  McCain says it was greed on Wall Street, and Obama says it was lack of regulation.  Since saying "bad boy" to the greedy bastards isn't likely to change things, more regulation will be one result of the meltdown.  Once again, we will lock the barn after all the horses are gone. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »

I suppose you all havent hear about Lehman and Merril Lynch have ya  :oops:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

I suppose you all havent hear about Lehman and Merril Lynch have ya  :oops:

I thought about naming my next pups Evo and Twin Cam.  But those could be good names too. They all leave a mess on the floor after all.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2008, 04:29:38 PM »

Did anyone say,

PBR

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2008, 04:46:10 PM »

Did anyone say,

PBR

Hey, I see you took the color descriptions off your bikes in your sig.  Does this mean a screen name change is coming soon?  May I suggest "Chithead?"

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »

how come he takes credit for Nancy's bikes  :nixweiss:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »

how come he takes credit for Nancy's bikes  :nixweiss:

Cause I can.

;)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2008, 04:56:53 PM »

Hey, I see you took the color descriptions off your bikes in your sig.  Does this mean a screen name change is coming soon?  May I suggest "Chithead?"

Is that something we can discuss at the cookout Friday?
What does "Chithead" have to do with a color?
Are you prejudice?
Are Chitheads a certain color?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.