Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81126 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #300 on: September 18, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »

breakfast of champions!  What's in the bowl?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #301 on: September 18, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »

Hot sauce for the dipping of the pork skin nugget...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #302 on: September 18, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #303 on: September 18, 2008, 08:53:48 AM »

Homemade Jello Chocolate pudding, lick the pot and spoon after cooking and pouring in bowls. Then chill and get that nice crust on the top. Mmmmmm! My favorite part!!! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

elvislee

« Reply #304 on: September 18, 2008, 09:13:33 AM »

Forgot about bread.....  dayum.....  Yup, bread too, warm, with bourbon and cream

Oh yea!....Now that be sounding goooooood  :2vrolijk_21:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #305 on: September 18, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

Homemade Jello Chocolate pudding, lick the pot and spoon after cooking and pouring in bowls. Then chill and get that nice crust on the top. Mmmmmm! My favorite part!!! :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

whatz the recipe

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »

I missed all the funs yesterday.  I had to go to DC for the day.
As I've said it before:

Wall street people are whit collard criminals.  They trade inside, pump and dump and in most cases they play with their own money.  NYSE floor runners used to front run their own clients.  I used to watch on level II the same firm that just upgraded a stock, sell it like crazy.
Wall street is very very nervous because they don't like certain race.  They are not sure about the election and this will be the first election year that the market would go down and not up.

Bryan, no ever made any money in the market by panicking.  With that being said, you don't have the luxury of time on your side, however, you have the option of cashing out enough to carry you over for next couple of years if you want to.  The fact that a lot of people are scared is actually good because that's what market looking for (market capitulation) justify getting back in again.
After all, in Wall Street, money is not everything, IT'S THE ONLY THING.  They sell their own mothers if you offer them enough money. :soapbox:

Disclaimer: Although I generalized my statement, there are always exceptions.  :nixweiss:

I love politics; it's the politicians that I can't stand.

Ride safe
Fred
 :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »

I am happy to be overwirght in jnj and brkb lately...Even a blind mouse finds a piece of cheese now and then.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #309 on: September 18, 2008, 10:16:41 AM »

I am happy to be overwirght in jnj and brkb lately...Even a blind mouse finds a piece of cheese now and then.
And some pork skin and hot sauce and ...    :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2008, 10:25:25 AM »

And and and...

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #311 on: September 18, 2008, 10:31:48 AM »

since there has been some serious discussion going on here, i'll add my personal experience.

6 yrs ago when we bought our house our combined income was 20-30% higher then it is today
cost of living at an avg of +3% /yr means my bills have increased by at least 20% in that same time

6 yrs ago we could live within our means while paying down vehicle loans that we no longer have.

we were not dumb borrowers no ARM here. and no complaints with the rate we are paying.

dont see any new vehicles in the family future.

do see college payments coming up in the near term.  :nervous:

thats just where my family is at today. i'm not gonna blame anyone, not gonna tell my government to do something about it. we'll keep working hard and paying our bills, and try to keep the CC balances to a minimum.

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #312 on: September 18, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »

Yup, sometimes there is just too much month left at the end of the money.

Fundsalow..

Fun money has depleted even though I sold off boats, cars, bikes, campers, not out finacial distress just the old "too much stuff" rule...I have some real estate in north Fla but the taxes have 3x'ed and I know for sure in this market climate, it ain't gonna sell...Gaaa!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #313 on: September 18, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »

Yup, sometimes there is just too much month left at the end of the money.

Fundsalow..

Fun money has depleted even though I sold off boats, cars, bikes, campers, not out finacial distress just the old "too much stuff" rule...I have some real estate in north Fla but the taxes have 3x'ed and I know for sure in this market climate, it ain't gonna sell...Gaaa!

Yea, hang in if you can. I just sold a rental, $15,000, less than it would have gone for a year and a half ago. People buying don't have hardly any money, probably putting in $2,500, wanting everyone to pay their way! Even the Realtors are putting in some of their commission. That's how bad it's getting!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #314 on: September 18, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »

since there has been some serious discussion going on here, i'll add my personal experience.

6 yrs ago when we bought our house our combined income was 20-30% higher then it is today
cost of living at an avg of +3% /yr means my bills have increased by at least 20% in that same time

6 yrs ago we could live within our means while paying down vehicle loans that we no longer have.

we were not dumb borrowers no ARM here. and no complaints with the rate we are paying.

dont see any new vehicles in the family future.

do see college payments coming up in the near term.  :nervous:

thats just where my family is at today. i'm not gonna blame anyone, not gonna tell my government to do something about it. we'll keep working hard and paying our bills, and try to keep the CC balances to a minimum.

Good response Naitram!

Nancy and I are fortunate to have saved a little money and since the college years are past we are able to pay cash for the toys. Hang in there and that will come, we are 20 years ahead of where you are and have worked hard everyone of the 20. My income for 08 has dropped 73% compared to the 07 numbers and it's only getting worse. But no complaining here because the ride has been great and I know it will come back. Besides, it's only up from here and there's always water cooled motors in the future.

So lets go riding!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.