Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81131 times)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #435 on: September 20, 2008, 01:14:27 PM »

The big boys on the street have a WAR CHEST behind them.  It goes down, they pump in more money and lower their average and bring it back up, it goes up when they are short, they short more and kill it.   :whip:
We are the unfortunate ones, when it goes down, we don't have any more to out in.
And in cases like me (using margin), the down side is more radical and because of the margin call, I can't stay in any more.  :wall:
Just sharing my saga because it's cheaper to learn from other's mistakes.  :gossip:

you are either really smart or really dumb, investing in puts and calls in this market might as well take the bundle to Atlantic city. that way the win or loss is even faster....

I do not have the balls or stomach to play the margin game.
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #436 on: September 20, 2008, 01:16:52 PM »

you are either really smart or really dumb, investing in puts and calls in this market might as well take the bundle to Atlantic city. that way the win or loss is even faster....

I do not have the balls or stomach to play the margin game.

I thought the SEC put the screws to the margin game on Thursday

B B

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #437 on: September 20, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »

Free..

I have to say, I know not a thing about investments and such. BUT..what you've posted makes more sense than anything I've heard. I've always thought the same thing. The very things that made us an industrial giant in the world economy are gone.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #438 on: September 21, 2008, 07:03:58 AM »

On the news early this morning. The Government is working on a 700 BILLION deal to try to salvage the economy. Damn now who is going to pay for that??????

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #439 on: September 21, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

On the news early this morning. The Government is working on a 700 BILLION deal to try to salvage the economy. Damn now who is going to pay for that??????

Be Safe

THE DAWG

The best part Mike is that you can normally double anything they claim; if they admit to $700B it means over $1T in reality.  We can add that unfunded trillion liability to the other trillion for the Iraq war, also unfunded, and we are starting to get into some fairly serious debt even before you look at the other trillion's in accumulated debt.  If the Fed prints their way out of this, we all pay big time through inflation.  Of course, we could mortgage even more of our country to the Chinese, assuming they want it.  Isn't it funny, the same borrow and spend philosophy that got us into this mess will be the governments answer to getting out of it?  Maybe that's why so many people thought borrow and spend was a good idea, they've been watching Uncle play that game for a long time.   

Keeping with the the modern traditions of this country, what I want to know is "What's in it for me".  It appears that before it's over Uncle will be bailing out everyone in this country who made bad decisions on debt or even those who cheated to pad their pockets.  How about those of us who aren't in debt and who didn't participate in the general screwing of America?  Shouldn't we get a little sugar too, since we and our descendent's will be the ones bailing everyone else out?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #440 on: September 21, 2008, 10:56:44 AM »

The best part Mike is that you can normally double anything they claim; if they admit to $700B it means over $1T in reality.  We can add that unfunded trillion liability to the other trillion for the Iraq war, also unfunded, and we are starting to get into some fairly serious debt even before you look at the other trillion's in accumulated debt.  If the Fed prints their way out of this, we all pay big time through inflation.  Of course, we could mortgage even more of our country to the Chinese, assuming they want it.  Isn't it funny, the same borrow and spend philosophy that got us into this mess will be the governments answer to getting out of it?  Maybe that's why so many people thought borrow and spend was a good idea, they've been watching Uncle play that game for a long time.   

Keeping with the the modern traditions of this country, what I want to know is "What's in it for me".  It appears that before it's over Uncle will be bailing out everyone in this country who made bad decisions on debt or even those who cheated to pad their pockets.  How about those of us who aren't in debt and who didn't participate in the general screwing of America?  Shouldn't we get a little sugar too, since we and our descendent's will be the ones bailing everyone else out?

Jerry

What about the trillion for Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae ?   The Bushies are spending more money in their last six months than they did in the previous 7.5 years. The mess we're in now was a result of those past failed policies and now what ?   

Can you speak Chinese ?

B B

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #441 on: September 21, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »

Jerry
That's the thing that gives me the most dissapointment in this entire mess. Couple of years ago when I knew I was going to have my hip replaced which would mean I wouldn't be working anymore OT, and wouldn't be working my part-time jobs I financially prepared myself for a decrease in income. I paid off CC's, and all other small loans (cars/motorcycle, etc), and then adjusted my lifestyle to the new income. Now it looks like I'm going to be paying for all those that didn't have the common sense to do this on their own. :sauer005:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #442 on: September 21, 2008, 11:18:57 AM »

What about the trillion for Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae ?   The Bushies are spending more money in their last six months than they did in the previous 7.5 years. The mess we're in now was a result of those past failed policies and now what ?   

Can you speak Chinese ?

B B

Brian, I think we need to start a crash requirement for both Chinese and Spanish education.  One group will own us, and the other group is already overrunning us.  Personally, I have enough trouble with English so I'll just have to rely on sign language.  This is my favorite sign:  :sauer021:   Wonder if there is a Chinese translation for that one?

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #443 on: September 21, 2008, 11:41:10 AM »

That's the thing that gives me the most dissapointment in this entire mess. Couple of years ago when I knew I was going to have my hip replaced which would mean I wouldn't be working anymore OT, and wouldn't be working my part-time jobs I financially prepared myself for a decrease in income. I paid off CC's, and all other small loans (cars/motorcycle, etc), and then adjusted my lifestyle to the new income. Now it looks like I'm going to be paying for all those that didn't have the common sense to do this on their own. :sauer005:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I hear you, Gary...

I have never relied on massive amounts of debt and credit to live my life.  In over thirty years of owning cars, I have only had two or three auto loans.  I paid cash for the rest.  I have never borrowed money for a toy (including my motorcycles).  I have purchased 4 homes in my life.  Each was paid off before buying the next.  Mortgage payments were always double or triple or quadrouple - whatever I could manage - so I could pay off the mortgages as soon as possible.  I never wanted a level of debt to dictate my employment and earning level.  I wanted my job to be what I wanted to do, not what I had to do.  I have never had to fear losing a job or changing a job because of debt.  Thanks to my advice and encouragement from my grandfather, I started investing in stocks and bonds when I was still in high school.  I have been fiscally responsible in my personal life and in my business life since day one. 

So to see the financial mess the country is in - driven by people living far beyond their means and greedy unethical lenders, along with incredibly poor oversight by our government is disgusting and disappointing.  I have little sympathy for those caught up in this crisis.  They all made decisions and choices that - unfortunately - we all will pay for  - for a very long time.
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #444 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

I hear you, Gary...

I have never relied on massive amounts of debt and credit to live my life.  In over thirty years of owning cars, I have only had two or three auto loans.  I paid cash for the rest.  I have never borrowed money for a toy (including my motorcycles).  I have purchased 4 homes in my life.  Each was paid off before buying the next.  Mortgage payments were always double or triple or quadrouple - whatever I could manage - so I could pay off the mortgages as soon as possible.  I never wanted a level of debt to dictate my employment and earning level.  I wanted my job to be what I wanted to do, not what I had to do.  I have never had to fear losing a job or changing a job because of debt.  Thanks to my advice and encouragement from my grandfather, I started investing in stocks and bonds when I was still in high school.  I have been fiscally responsible in my personal life and in my business life since day one. 

So to see the financial mess the country is in - driven by people living far beyond their means and greedy unethical lenders, along with incredibly poor oversight by our government is disgusting and disappointing.  I have little sympathy for those caught up in this crisis.  They all made decisions and choices that - unfortunately - we all will pay for  - for a very long time.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #445 on: September 21, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »

I have a saying that people laugh and look at me funny when I say it, but when you think about it there is a lot of merit in it...

"Good credit is better then good sex...... it lasts a lot longer"

With the way our country is going we are going to run out of "good credit". :(

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #446 on: September 21, 2008, 01:32:26 PM »

What really kills me is back more than 10 years ago Mr. Clinton opened up our borders. Then signed in the NAFTA. Then 9/11. Since that day we have been in a financial down turn. Then Mr. Bush thought it was OK to finish what Mr. Clinton started.

Ladies and Gentleman this country is in trouble. There should never be a reason for the Government to BAIL OUT ANYBODY! A bunch of Greedy Assholes got us into this mess. So why are we to pay for what they F$#KED UP. WHY????? I'll tell you why. Because it is an election year and a politician will do anything for a vote for him/herself or their party.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #447 on: September 21, 2008, 01:40:33 PM »

Actually DC   Bush the elder was responsible for NAFTA,  Slick Willie climbed aboard that bus which is how the two of them became cordial enough to work together for Katrina relief.

B B

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #448 on: September 21, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »

purple hooters.....hic....ummm..

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #449 on: September 21, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
How is it different than unemployment tax that goes to mostly (probably over 95%) lazy a$$es that don't wanna work?

:deal2: :furious2: :beadyeyes: :lipsrsealed2:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 59

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 21 queries.