Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81135 times)

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #465 on: September 22, 2008, 07:03:21 AM »

3 days away, and it ain't about chocolate pudding no more. Great! Don't have to look anymore now! 1 less thing to keep up with! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie it's like walking and chewing gum at thhe same timee!!!! Some people just can't do it.

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday!!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #466 on: September 22, 2008, 07:06:46 AM »

$11,300,000,000,000.00

>:(

At a population of roughly 300,000,000 that equates to nearly $40,000 per PERSON of federal debt load on our populace.  My house has 4, that's $120,000 my family owes the federal government.  Which, by the way, is more than my mortgage amount.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #467 on: September 22, 2008, 07:54:25 AM »

They are going to kill this rally.  Using it to cash out while encouraging investors to load up. IMO

:nixweiss:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #468 on: September 22, 2008, 08:32:56 AM »

They are going to kill this rally.  Using it to cash out while encouraging investors to load up. IMO

:nixweiss:
...they would never!!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #469 on: September 22, 2008, 08:34:48 AM »

Lack of money is the source of all evils.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #470 on: September 22, 2008, 09:41:56 AM »

The market is on a wild ride.  Energy prices (oil) is higher than it has been traditionally.  Inflation is as inevitable as the recession.  Officially we are not in recession, but emotionally we have been in 1 for about a year.  Emotion controlling markets (also recession) is a dangerous game.  The big money guys have shark blood in their veins, and little guys like me ride the waves they make.  Wish I knew what the S & P would be on Dec. 31, 2008.....
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #471 on: September 22, 2008, 01:01:08 PM »

The market is on a wild ride.  Energy prices (oil) is higher than it has been traditionally.  Inflation is as inevitable as the recession.  Officially we are not in recession, but emotionally we have been in 1 for about a year.  Emotion controlling markets (also recession) is a dangerous game.  The big money guys have shark blood in their veins, and little guys like me ride the waves they make.  Wish I knew what the S & P would be on Dec. 31, 2008.....
[/color]

You ain't chittin iski, that's the day I have to decided whether to stay with my 401k or roll it into an IRA

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #472 on: September 22, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »

[/color]

You ain't chittin iski, that's the day I have to decided whether to stay with my 401k or roll it into an IRA

B B

BB

Have several friends entering retirement this year.  Each one is facing some tough decisions.  Apparently as this baby boom generation retires, we will change the retirement market just as we changed the baby goods market when we were born, schools built as we got older, increase in houses built for our families, and so on due to the size of this population by age.  I have a little over 10 years to work unless I get fed up sooner with it all.  Do not envy you having to make these choices - to my way of thinking it's unfair when we work our whole life & invest like the supposed wise heads advise us and then we watch it evaporate while fat cat investment guys nearly bankrupt companies & get millions for parachutes.  The companies they leave sell out & fire a huge percentage of the workforce & then these CEO's get another job making millions.  And we watch our retirement plans change from fillet mignon to vienna sausages possibly.

Got off the subject on my rant there.  In the other thread noticed you were looking for a retirement benefits/disability lawyer.  Very good idea.  Will cost some bucks but in the long run should be worthwhile.  Do not know any lawyers in Cali - best of luck finding a very good one.  Hope your back allows you to ride more than it has lately & sincerely hope you get this situation worked out to your benefit. 

The plan for our nation to assume this massive debt is a huge shift in focus & scope & if done wisely it may well prevent a depression.  Done poorly it could cause one.  At this point it is not apparent which direction we are headed - hopefully it's upward & not downward for all our sakes.

Mike

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #473 on: September 22, 2008, 01:29:39 PM »

BB

Have several friends entering retirement this year.  Each one is facing some tough decisions.  Apparently as this baby boom generation retires, we will change the retirement market just as we changed the baby goods market when we were born, schools built as we got older, increase in houses built for our families, and so on due to the size of this population by age.  I have a little over 10 years to work unless I get fed up sooner with it all.  Do not envy you having to make these choices - to my way of thinking it's unfair when we work our whole life & invest like the supposed wise heads advise us and then we watch it evaporate while fat cat investment guys nearly bankrupt companies & get millions for parachutes.  The companies they leave sell out & fire a huge percentage of the workforce & then these CEO's get another job making millions.  And we watch our retirement plans change from fillet mignon to vienna sausages possibly.

Got off the subject on my rant there.  In the other thread noticed you were looking for a retirement benefits/disability lawyer.  Very good idea.  Will cost some bucks but in the long run should be worthwhile.  Do not know any lawyers in Cali - best of luck finding a very good one.  Hope your back allows you to ride more than it has lately & sincerely hope you get this situation worked out to your benefit. 

The plan for our nation to assume this massive debt is a huge shift in focus & scope & if done wisely it may well prevent a depression.  Done poorly it could cause one.  At this point it is not apparent which direction we are headed - hopefully it's upward & not downward for all our sakes.

Mike

Mike
      Thanks for the kind words. I just got back from my Orthopedic's office. I had an appointment to get the paperwork filled out or me to collect my disability checks. I stated that I would undergo any test, any procedure necessary to ensure smooth processing of my claim. He told me I had nothing to worry about. The MRIs on file, xrays, etc etc , all in all 10 years worth of documentation on the onset and progression of my condition should be enough for anybody anywhere to approve payment.
       I don't have a lot tied up in the 401k. I was too busy raising my girls and making sure they were prepared for the challenges of the 21st century, meaning far more education than a simple BA or BS. My wife and I had planned on going at the retirement funds whole Hog from age 55 to age 65. Since I'll be 55 this November, obviously, that plan hadn't gotten going full force as yet. We'll be ok though as I've always found ways to generate cash flow and will continue to do so. I'm more upset with seeing my Mom's investments drop 20% than my own. I've got time to see it through, she feels she doesn't and is very upset with the current state of things. (she worries about what she's leaving all of us)  I tell her if she lives to 100 and leaves us nothing but sweet memories then she's lived a good life.

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #474 on: September 22, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »

Mike
      Thanks for the kind words. I just got back from my Orthopedic's office. I had an appointment to get the paperwork filled out or me to collect my disability checks. I stated that I would undergo any test, any procedure necessary to ensure smooth processing of my claim. He told me I had nothing to worry about. The MRIs on file, xrays, etc etc , all in all 10 years worth of documentation on the onset and progression of my condition should be enough for anybody anywhere to approve payment.
       I don't have a lot tied up in the 401k. I was too busy raising my girls and making sure they were prepared for the challenges of the 21st century, meaning far more education than a simple BA or BS. My wife and I had planned on going at the retirement funds whole Hog from age 55 to age 65. Since I'll be 55 this November, obviously, that plan hadn't gotten going full force as yet. We'll be ok though as I've always found ways to generate cash flow and will continue to do so. I'm more upset with seeing my Mom's investments drop 20% than my own. I've got time to see it through, she feels she doesn't and is very upset with the current state of things. (she worries about what she's leaving all of us)  I tell her if she lives to 100 and leaves us nothing but sweet memories then she's lived a good life.

B B

BB

You are welcome.  Glad to hear the opinion from your doc on the benefits.  Well documented - should be easier to reach an agreement with the insurance co.  Retirement at 54-55 doesn't sound too bad.  (I'm 53).  Whatever you do in the future, you will do it well.  I had similar financual concerns about my Mom until the past 2 years.  My Dad died when I was 16 & she put most of her efforts into working & raising her family.  Not a lot of money - a real understatement. Now she is 78 (this week) & the farm we kept has turned out to be a financial blessing for her.  She never had any money to put into mutual funds and that appears to be ok now from this perspective.  She was talking about what she will be leaving us yesterday - I told her to go spend it & enjoy it.  Knowing her, it's doubtful she will.

A couple we are close friends with is doing just that - going whole hog into their retirement money at about 55 years old each.  Figure they may as well enjoy it while they are more able to than wait until travel is too difficult.  Never met ya but look forward to some day.  Maybe we can ride together & toast retiring.

Mike

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #475 on: September 22, 2008, 01:52:32 PM »

I tell her if she lives to 100 and leaves us nothing but sweet memories then she's lived a good life. B B

Thank you Brian!
That is what counts!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #476 on: September 22, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »

Never met ya but look forward to some day.  Maybe we can ride together & toast retiring.

Mike

Just an FYI!
I have met both of you and have mucho respect for both of you troublemakers!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2008, 02:25:42 PM »

Just an FYI!
I have met both of you and have mucho respect for both of you troublemakers!

Mucho respect for you also Chip, fellow troublemaker.  Coming from the Head Chithead, too.   :drink:  Wish we were riding to MV instead of...

I almost can't bring myself to post it.....

working.   :( :'( :( :'(

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #478 on: September 22, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »

First Bear Stearns, then Fannie/Freddie, Now Lehman and Merril Lynch, soon AIG and Washington Mutual! All these brilliant capitalists with the benign neglect from the Bush whitehouse have brought the financial institutions to their knees by their greed and incompetence. Taxpayers have been put on the hook for about $400 b already in rescuing some of these institutions. And all you geniuses want to elect McCain whose chief financial guru said America was in a "mental recession", who himself said he "doesnt understand the economy very well". Between just the firms I listed above, there will be approximately 60k jobs lost in the next 60 days. Oh yeah, somehow someone will blame the democrats for exerting bad karma over GWB's ability to govern! Unemployment has gone from 4% to 6.1% and rising, dollar has been devalued by 40%, surplus's have become massive deficits, your 401k is tanking and we want to give the republicans another 4 years?

Only eight people in whole world understand whats going on at this time and six of them are democrats that what to give everyone something for their vote.
The glass stegil act that was repealed in 1999 is the under lying cause of this whole mess, it was enacted in 1930 to keep banks and investing firms separated, that's what caused the crash in 1929. 70 years later memories are short and most of the DEMS in 1999 voted to repeal it and signed by your shinning star Mr. Clinton!

I can not vote for Soma, I will vote for McCain because he will bring NEW folks into the Govt not reused folks from the Clinton  and carter admin, BTDT.

If you think McCain will continue the policy's of the past 8 years then you are NOT thinking for yourself anyway. He will clean house and instill new crooks, but at least they will be new and NOT recycled.

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #479 on: September 22, 2008, 09:49:35 PM »

Only eight people in whole world understand whats going on at this time and six of them are democrats that what to give everyone something for their vote.
The glass stegil act that was repealed in 1999 is the under lying cause of this whole mess, it was enacted in 1930 to keep banks and investing firms separated, that's what caused the crash in 1929. 70 years later memories are short and most of the DEMS in 1999 voted to repeal it and signed by your shinning star Mr. Clinton!

I can not vote for Soma, I will vote for McCain because he will bring NEW folks into the Govt not reused folks from the Clinton  and carter admin, BTDT.

If you think McCain will continue the policy's of the past 8 years then you are NOT thinking for yourself anyway. He will clean house and instill new crooks, but at least they will be new and NOT recycled.

its easy to blame one political party or the other. Its easy to blame greed from the bankers and its easy to blame the consumer for buying homes and taking credit that they should not have BUT, at the end of the day, both the congress and the executive branch dating back to Nixon has encouraged the printing of money and the spending of money.  This asset-bubble was exasberated because congress and the executive wanted to keep interest rates low to keep the economy going - the Fed played along, the consumers played along and Wall street played along. We went too far and now we have to ring out the excess and go through a recession.  We have been in a bubble since the early 90s and never had an appropriate correction.  The correction of 2001/2002 was not enough and was mostly held to the tech area.  i dont think either presidential candidate is going to be able to do much for the economy. And it certainly doesnt get votes to tell people that we the government have been hurting you by giving you all that you want without any sense of the true cost and now you have to suffer as we retrench!!! What we need is leadership and the ability to get the Congress together to solve real fundamental problems like Medicare and SS and our trade and fiscal imbalance.

Free
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 21 queries.