Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81125 times)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #495 on: September 23, 2008, 10:37:10 AM »

It doesn't feel like a rally, more like a head fake.  Be very careful.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #496 on: September 25, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

capital hill is getting close on the (f-ing) bail out !!!!
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #497 on: September 25, 2008, 04:55:55 PM »

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #498 on: September 25, 2008, 05:07:59 PM »

Here's a view from a Wall Street insider who thinks a bailout is the wrong thing to do:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/letters-editor-bailout-un-american/story.aspx?guid={7CEB61F6-E939-4D46-961C-4EBC2AB5965A}&siteid=yahoomy

Jerry
Even the CEO of BB&T said it is the wrong thing to do to 'bail-out' a few of the banks that made bad investment decisions.  That pretty much sums it up when even the solvent bankers start pubically saying how wrong this plan is......aaaaargh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2008, 08:37:57 AM »

Appears to be some sort of loan arrangement now instead of an equity stake arrangement.  Loans could infuse enough cash to get the credit market re-started. 

Nationalization of companies & businesses - even on a temporary basis with the fed. de facto running said entities is a VERY bad idea. 

Our federal govt. is basically a big welfare bank at this point in time.  Our taxes are used for corporate & social welfare programs to a very large extent and waste is the name of both games.  Maybe we could give CEO's a plastic card with a balance renewed monthly like we do for food stamp folks?  Lobbyists for social welfare & corporate welfare have the most clout in DC while we pay for the congressional largess of their influence.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #500 on: September 26, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »

Appears to be some sort of loan arrangement now instead of an equity stake arrangement.  Loans could infuse enough cash to get the credit market re-started. 

Nationalization of companies & businesses - even on a temporary basis with the fed. de facto running said entities is a VERY bad idea. 

Our federal govt. is basically a big welfare bank at this point in time.  Our taxes are used for corporate & social welfare programs to a very large extent and waste is the name of both games.  Maybe we could give CEO's a plastic card with a balance renewed monthly like we do for food stamp folks?  Lobbyists for social welfare & corporate welfare have the most clout in DC while we pay for the congressional largess of their influence.

What does THAT have to do with pudding and thongs?  :nixweiss:
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #501 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »

I'm a firm believer in cutting out layers of wasteful bureaucracy.  With that in mind, I propose that we just give the corporations the ability to print money on their own authority and cut out the middlemen.  I'm sure they would never abuse that privelege, since they've proven time and again how we don't need to regulate their other activities.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #502 on: September 26, 2008, 09:09:22 AM »

I'm a firm believer in cutting out layers of wasteful bureaucracy.  With that in mind, I propose that we just give the corporations the ability to print money on their own authority and cut out the middlemen.  I'm sure they would never abuse that privilege, since they've proven time and again how we don't need to regulate their other activities.

Jerry

That was done in a few areas of the old west many years ago, but the federal government sorta frowns on it.  If I could print my own money, Pat Paulson's face would be on the $100 bill, but it would only be worth $20.  I think he would appreciate that.

Anyway, the real problem currently  is "Who regulates the regulators?"  And then who regulates the regulators that regulate the regulators that regulate the other regulators?  If the regulators are paying lobbying Congress & other politicians the day before they become regulators, it is doubtful they really want to regulate.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #503 on: September 26, 2008, 09:20:33 AM »

What does THAT have to do with pudding and thongs?  :nixweiss:

The Pie Lobby has caused to to shift my focus away from pudding and onto pie.  I am in a self imposed 1 week cooling off period.  After that point in time, I will be fully promoting pie and will no longer be in favor of pudding over pie.  The Pudding Lobby, which has a LOT invested in me is crying "foul" and it is possible they will call for an unneeded investigation a$ to why I ch$an$ge$d my mind on this $ubject.

d00d has the thong franchise apparently & I will not touch d00d's thong with a 10 foot pole, due to the integrity of not having any Thong Lobby m$o$n$e$y$.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #504 on: September 26, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »

I'm a firm believer in cutting out layers of wasteful bureaucracy.  With that in mind, I propose that we just give the corporations the ability to print money on their own authority and cut out the middlemen.  I'm sure they would never abuse that privelege, since they've proven time and again how we don't need to regulate their other activities.

Jerry

makes as much since as any other plan i've heard.

in the beginning the federal reserve were gonna charge 11% on the 700 billion. that's alot of zeros on interest. over my head. :nervous:

us small business owners take the brunt and accountability.

scary times ahead

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #505 on: September 26, 2008, 10:16:18 AM »

by the time it's all set and done, it'll be closer to $1.2 tri.
Just WaMu, BAC (for countrywide assets) and AIG will need around $300 Bil.
 :'( :'(
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #506 on: September 27, 2008, 06:43:11 AM »

by the time it's all set and done, it'll be closer to $1.2 tri.
Just WaMu, BAC (for countrywide assets) and AIG will need around $300 Bil. :'( :'(

That's BS!!!! I say let them sink in their own SH$T!!!!!!!

I think I will go change my underwear now!!!! OPPS that was in another thread!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #507 on: September 27, 2008, 09:08:22 AM »

...................................Anyway, the real problem currently  is "Who regulates the regulators?"  And then who regulates the regulators that regulate the regulators that regulate the other regulators?  If the regulators are paying lobbying Congress & other politicians the day before they become regulators, it is doubtful they really want to regulate.

Unfortunately that is right on target.  The incestuous relationships in Washington have left us with nothing but foxes guarding the hen house, and no one is really held accountable for the screw-ups and outright thievery.  The big question is, since the entire process is corrupt, how do we fix it?  Does anyone really think Congress is going to clean up their own house?  Seems to me that a clean start is needed, but short of throwing some tea in the harbor and declaring our independence again, how do we get there from here?

Jerry

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #508 on: September 27, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »

That's BS!!!! I say let them sink in their own SH$T!!!!!!!

I think I will go change my underwear now!!!! OPPS that was in another thread!

Be Safe

THE DAWG

:2vrolijk_21:    One of the parts of this whole fiasco that I really love is how Bernanke and Peterson tried to bullchit everyone into believing that rapidly passing their bailout for Wall Street would prevent a recession.  Now that Congress failed to fall for the BS, we're hearing more details including the fact that they can't prevent a recession, all they can hope for is to reduce the severity and maybe avoid a depression.  No matter what they do or don't do, this country is in for some severe hardship.  And guess who won't feel the pain, just like usual?  Sure wish I had a few hundred million in the Caymans, or a license to steal from the public like our elected officials.

Oh well, as in all earlier fiasco's, I'll just hunker down and muddle through.  Fortunately I never lived the "high life", so the adjustment to a bunker mentality is easier.  At least I hadn't gotten my heart all set on a new CVO only to have to cancel purchase plans due to the financial collapse.  Thanks to H-D and their lousy quality and customer service, I've already saved $35k this year!  See, there is always a silver lining if you look hard enough.

Jerry

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #509 on: September 27, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Tonto (cleverly disguised as a doornob) - - - - -- - The CEO of WaMu is being sent down the road -  - - - - with a $13,000,000 severance pkg. I can't say in public how I'd deal with him

B B
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.