Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81131 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »

shows you what I know, I thought Mandarin was a fruit

You mean it's not a duck?

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2008, 09:34:28 AM »

Well if it looks like a duck......but one does look entirely cooked, the way prefer them, crispy...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »

Well if it looks like a duck......but one does look entirely cooked, the way prefer them, crispy...

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »

That's fup duck!  (say it quietly to yourself a couple times)
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »

The Donald said it best. It's all a shell game. Ya bail out this mess and oil goes up. Ya don't, it'll go down. This nation's biggest expense is oil. It's the do all to everything we do financially. Them pr!cks at OPEC control our economy because of it. We free up credit by the bailout, we'll pay for it with higher oil prices. Even our food cost is exorbitant now because of energy. This whole thing is just a big scam and there's no recovering until we become energy independent with nuclear! JMO! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2008, 09:45:22 AM »

That's fup duck!  (say it quietly to yourself a couple times)

;D ;D

Sean M Cary

« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »

You mean it's not a duck?

Ahhh....  Wood duck.  They make great feathers for fly tying...have a skinned one at home!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2008, 01:58:43 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/29/miron.bailout/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Smart blather from Harvard econo-guy.  He says let 'em go bankrupt.

At the end he says "This means, in particular, getting rid of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, along with policies like the Community Reinvestment Act that pressure banks into subprime lending."

Getting rid of the Community Reinvestment Act, and the social engineering politician morons who wrote and continued to support that act, would be a good start.  When you read about that act & what it caused, no wonder the loan industry tanked.  Damn commies.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »

Aha! Someone had thier donuts for breakfast today!  Smart boyo you are...That document is puke inducing...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:42 PM »

It's all a scam.  Congress wants to take my tax money and waste it on stuff not even as good as donuts.

Wait a minute, I already knew that before the great bailout frenzination.........

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #580 on: October 01, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »

The Donald said it best. It's all a shell game. Ya bail out this mess and oil goes up. Ya don't, it'll go down. This nation's biggest expense is oil. It's the do all to everything we do financially. Them pr!cks at OPEC control our economy because of it. We free up credit by the bailout, we'll pay for it with higher oil prices. Even our food cost is exorbitant now because of energy. This whole thing is just a big scam and there's no recovering until we become energy independent with nuclear! JMO! ;)

Hoist! 8)
I worked at an oil refinery here in the northeast 22 years ago. At that time,during my orientation, the Human resource suit told us that the U.S. EXPORTS 42% of all the oil (crude and refined) that is pumped out of American soil. We could have used it then, we can certainly use it now. the problem has always been that our leaders use it as political leverage. We sell them our oil to keep them from getting it elsewhere,ie. Russia(or any of the anistans), China, or the Middle East. Our threat to shut off our flow to Japan was one of the problems leading up to the War. We all know how that worked out. according to National geographic, right now the U.S. is the leader in consumption and therefore the biggest purchaser of foreign oil. They predict that within 10 years,China will far surpass us. Now if we carry this out, with a finite amount of crude available, the highest bidder gets the product. I'm guessing that since the two economies (ours and Chinas)are headed in opposite directions, in 10 years we could be remembering the "good old days" as when we paid $4.00/gal for our fuel. Coincidentally, Nat Geo says that any new drilling now won't show a payoff for 10 years. Coincidence or propaganda?

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #581 on: October 01, 2008, 09:06:49 AM »

I worked at an oil refinery here in the northeast 22 years ago. At that time,during my orientation, the Human resource suit told us that the U.S. EXPORTS 42% of all the oil (crude and refined) that is pumped out of American soil. We could have used it then, we can certainly use it now. the problem has always been that our leaders use it as political leverage. We sell them our oil to keep them from getting it elsewhere,ie. Russia(or any of the anistans), China, or the Middle East. Our threat to shut off our flow to Japan was one of the problems leading up to the War. We all know how that worked out. according to National geographic, right now the U.S. is the leader in consumption and therefore the biggest purchaser of foreign oil. They predict that within 10 years,China will far surpass us. Now if we carry this out, with a finite amount of crude available, the highest bidder gets the product. I'm guessing that since the two economies (ours and Chinas)are headed in opposite directions, in 10 years we could be remembering the "good old days" as when we paid $4.00/gal for our fuel. Coincidentally, Nat Geo says that any new drilling now won't show a payoff for 10 years. Coincidence or propaganda?

I don't see how they think it would take 10 years. I am calling BS on that one. Maybe 2 to 3 years if things were started now. How long does it take to build an offf shore rig?

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #582 on: October 01, 2008, 09:13:55 AM »

Payoff as in return on equity amy reach 10 years, not to production....Spuddin an average well nowadays, I'd take a wag, at anywheres 10-100 mill based on depth. 

At nominal production rate, declining market condition the return on equity could run that high..prolly not but could.

Chevron's Deep Water gulf find(found last year) will cost a cool billion to spud, 10 years to reach fruition and with no guarantees.

I get a little crampy when I hear whining over "big oil" profits.
Profit margin is defining factor in business ..Oil, 6-8 points..Insurance 20-30, Investment banking was the same....tell me who makes more.. all this ranting is just me, I am out of coffee..

I love fossil fuel!  :D

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #583 on: October 01, 2008, 10:40:24 AM »

I can't believe the bail out fund was a top seed
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #584 on: October 01, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »

buffet to buy ge perferred, 3 billion investment
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 59

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.