Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81130 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #690 on: October 05, 2008, 10:21:39 PM »

and who's responsible for the 'checks and balances'?   :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #691 on: October 05, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »

and who's responsible for the 'checks and balances'?   :nixweiss: spyder
Government.  And we are responsible for Government. That's why we are paying for it.
As long the law only dictates what's not allowed they (we) can always find loopholes.  May be it (the law) should dictate what's allowed only...
Wait a minute, that's called Communism.. I think..
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #692 on: October 05, 2008, 10:49:26 PM »

Government.  And we are responsible for Government. That's why we are paying for it.
As long the law only dictates what's not allowed they (we) can always find loopholes.  May be it (the law) should dictate what's allowed only...
Wait a minute, that's called Communism.. I think..
Yes it is. There is a certain amount of roller coaster that comes with capitalism and the GREEDY BA$TARDS made it much, much worse, IMHO!

There was a TEA party once that seemed to get alot of attention? Whatdayathink!?????

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #693 on: October 05, 2008, 11:06:48 PM »

Yes it is. There is a certain amount of roller coaster that comes with capitalism and the GREEDY BA$TARDS made it much, much worse, IMHO!

There was a TEA party once that seemed to get alot of attention? Whatdayathink!?????
Wasn't that a 'tax' issue?  :-\ Not sure how to blame this mess on taxation.  :-[  arrrrrgh.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #694 on: October 06, 2008, 01:38:10 AM »

Wasn't that a 'tax' issue?  :-\ Not sure how to blame this mess on taxation.  :-[  arrrrrgh.  spyder

Yes and no. It was really about the "people" having no representaton and IMO taxes were the issue du jour to make the point, so it seems very similar IMO. :nixweiss:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

Sean M Cary

« Reply #695 on: October 06, 2008, 06:38:16 AM »

Pour your mortgage into a bay?

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #696 on: October 06, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »

Good ol dems caused this.  The NYT in 1999 precicted this financial melt down back in 1999

Thanks for the post. Perhaps lending to the less qualified coupled with little or no regulation caused a good part of this mess.  First time i have seen anyone quote the NYT as an authority on this site.

I hate the NYT, I figure it is a far left liberal rag.  I quoted it becuase I was shocked they actually had something right.  I was also shocked that they have not pulled the link or article from their web site.

While Clinton was pushing for the Sub prime and writing loans to less qualified low income people, they are not the only ones to blame.

Many middle class Americans took out Teaser Rate Arms on 250K homes when they could only really qualify for a 150K home on a traditional mortgage.  They gambled they would get a promotion, pay raise or the home value would go up.  Neither happend, the low rate adjusted up, and now they can not affored the home note, and the home is now worth less then the owe.

Many investors did the same gamble the middle class guy did.

So now we have three groups defaulting on their mortgage.

Had they all had to put 20% down like before 1999, how many would walk on their loan?  Had they all had to have good credit, how many would walk on their loan?

My home has lost 80K in value over the last 2 years.  However with my 24% down in 2002, I still have lots of equatiy in the home.  Most all the homes with zero down, and ARMS in my neighborhood are up for sale, and they are upside down in the home.  These are the people that were living check to check in a home they could not afford to begin with.

2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #697 on: October 06, 2008, 08:02:28 AM »

You mean, like: Harley, Evo, and Knuckle?  :nixweiss:  har.  spyder

Of course.  ;D   Always regretted they never got credit cards and an Ivy League education even though they were fictional kids.  The survey was for free marketing crappola. Shaving cream, soap, razors, fabric softeners - all sorts of free stuff for months & months.  Occasionally we still get some sort of soap product I figure that originated there.  Followed us through several home moves, too.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #698 on: October 06, 2008, 08:03:08 AM »

Read the responses in this thread since Friday.  Nothing about beer, nothing about pie.   :nixweiss:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #699 on: October 06, 2008, 08:08:37 AM »

A cone of disasterization is befalling my financial kingdom...It may limit my pie, donut consumption, I may have to resrt to....bagels.. :'(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #700 on: October 06, 2008, 08:16:58 AM »

Cone of disasteration?  OhmyGod!  Bagels?  My deepest gastrological sympathies.

I plan to discard most financial balance sheets showing former welth disappeared down rat hole in File 13 for a while until the buzzing in my head stops.

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #701 on: October 06, 2008, 08:42:43 AM »

Pour your mortgage into a bay?

Something like that.

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #702 on: October 06, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »

Thanks for the post. Perhaps lending to the less qualified coupled with little or no regulation caused a good part of this mess.  First time i have seen anyone quote the NYT as an authority on this site.

I hate the NYT, I figure it is a far left liberal rag.  I quoted it because I was shocked they actually had something right.  I was also shocked that they have not pulled the link or article from their web site.

While Clinton was pushing for the Sub prime and writing loans to less qualified low income people, they are not the only ones to blame.

Many middle class Americans took out Teaser Rate Arms on 250K homes when they could only really qualify for a 150K home on a traditional mortgage.  They gambled they would get a promotion, pay raise or the home value would go up.  Neither happend, the low rate adjusted up, and now they can not afforded the home note, and the home is now worth less then the owe.

Many investors did the same gamble the middle class guy did.

So now we have three groups defaulting on their mortgage.

Had they all had to put 20% down like before 1999, how many would walk on their loan?  Had they all had to have good credit, how many would walk on their loan?

My home has lost 80K in value over the last 2 years.  However with my 24% down in 2002, I still have lots of equity in the home.  Most all the homes with zero down, and ARMS in my neighborhood are up for sale, and they are upside down in the home.  These are the people that were living check to check in a home they could not afford to begin with.

This is a correct statement. Now answer me this. WHO LET THIS CHIT HAPPEN?????

I built my house in 1998. I built in a mountain area in the middle of no where. I had put 20% or more into construction costs out of my pocket and owned the land. When I applied for a mortgage I was told I over built the area. They still gave me a loan to replace the construction loan. Thank God the area started to build up and my home value shot through the roof. As far as equity goes I am in great shape. But this does not help the people who are losing their homes

Be Safe

THE DAWG

cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

dps4

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #703 on: October 06, 2008, 10:47:39 AM »

:(I just listen to a financial "expert" who said if this downturn turns into a depression, it will take until the year 2033 to get back to our highs in the market. I might miss out on that one.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #704 on: October 06, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »

:(I just listen to a financial "expert" who said if this downturn turns into a depression, it will take until the year 2033 to get back to our highs in the market. I might miss out on that one.

I just listened to financial expert (me :o) that said if Hoist kept spending money on Cybil there would never be a recession.
Go Hoist!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.