Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81121 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #750 on: October 07, 2008, 04:41:33 PM »

This is a correct statement. Now answer me this. WHO LET THIS CHIT HAPPEN?????

I built my house in 1998. I built in a mountain area in the middle of no where. I had put 20% or more into construction costs out of my pocket and owned the land. When I applied for a mortgage I was told I over built the area. They still gave me a loan to replace the construction loan. Thank God the area started to build up and my home value shot through the roof. As far as equity goes I am in great shape. But this does not help the people who are losing their homes

Be Safe

THE DAWG

Clinton, Barny Franks, C Shumer, Raines the head of Fannie and so on.....
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #751 on: October 07, 2008, 05:24:01 PM »

Well it sure didn't get any better today. Down almost 500 more points. Closed below 9500.

Well I can cash in next Monday without paying the penalty. I may just do that.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #752 on: October 07, 2008, 07:23:02 PM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #753 on: October 08, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »

Bump

If freed does he go to Wall Street or Congress?  Both?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #754 on: October 08, 2008, 09:20:26 AM »

I suggest Wall Street first, before the bastards flee to their off shore paradise with our money.  Those clowns in Congress are too used to being on the public dole to flee Washington.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #755 on: October 08, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »

I suggest Wall Street first, before the bastards flee to their off shore paradise with our money.  Those clowns in Congress are too used to being on the public dole to flee Washington.

Jerry

The pay for a guy losing mega millions for his company should be minimum wage.

The clowns in DC should be paid scale wages for clowns for actual hours supposedly "worked".  The President as well as Speaker of the House & Senate Majority leader should wear clown wigs when talking in public also.

Mike

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #756 on: October 08, 2008, 10:38:21 AM »

Obviously, you haven't read his "Manifesto" He targeted the CEO's of companies whom he believed were raping America and it's working class. Very Marxist in it's tone, it is nonetheless a good read when viewed from today's perspective.

B B

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #757 on: October 08, 2008, 10:45:31 AM »

The pay for a guy losing mega millions for his company should be minimum wage.

The clowns in DC should be paid scale wages for clowns for actual hours supposedly "worked".  The President as well as Speaker of the House & Senate Majority leader should wear clown wigs when talking in public also.

Mike

We all want to get the Fat Cats getting these big payoffs, but I think Congress is a little hypocritical about this.

SOCIAL SECURITY:
(This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.
You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA..! ZILCH...

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

' OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK '!
From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer). We can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #758 on: October 08, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »

I do not reccomend stocks

i'm hearing and oil refiner stocks, and steel stocks are on there azz

i would pick away on them on the buy side for a longer term interest

please do not buy these because of this post, i'm just trying to help my friends :nixweiss:
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »

FTO, pe under 4 and getting slaughtered...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #760 on: October 08, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »

Obviously, you haven't read his "Manifesto" He targeted the CEO's of companies whom he believed were raping America and it's working class. Very Marxist in it's tone, it is nonetheless a good read when viewed from today's perspective.

B B

Never read his Manifesto.  Each society has some version of CEO's and/or politicians raping their country & it's working class.  Except in some countries the rape is also physical and not just financial.

Marx was a good read for me a long time ago.  Different perspective on the greed motives of Marxism vs the greed motives of capitalism.

Mike

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #761 on: October 08, 2008, 12:03:38 PM »

We all want to get the Fat Cats getting these big payoffs, but I think Congress is a little hypocritical about this.

SOCIAL SECURITY:
(This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.
You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA..! ZILCH...

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

' OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK '!
From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer). We can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Your points are valid.  Congress can vote themselves the Treasury proceeds, so they do.  Insane.

For the early retirees on SS it was a bonanza of sorts.  They paid little to nothing & collected for years.  Now a passbook savings account is not so far from SS when someone pays the max into it each year.  Add the SS payroll cost of employers to see how bad SS sucks as a "forced investment."   Also, SS cost to employers of SS is considered as income for those employees who many times have no clue that is actually part of their compensation that they never see due to the structure of federal law.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »

B B
Very interesting, BB.  Just goes to show that even paranoid people can have real enemies.  :-X  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »

Very interesting, BB.  Just goes to show that even paranoid people can have real enemies.  :-X  spyder

Spyduh
          You're only paranoid if you're wrong

Food for thought

B B

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #764 on: October 09, 2008, 07:50:18 AM »

07:30  Commercial Credit: The shoe is dropping as expected - FBR

Friedman Billings says commercial credit continues to deteriorate, and, while regional banks are still experiencing relatively low loss levels in their C&I portfolios, they expect these losses to accelerate towards, and potentially exceed, historical peak losses over the coming quarters. Investors' sentiment mirrors management, as current valuations for banks with relatively high commercial loan exposure are trading well above trough levels, though with the recent market correction, these banks are trading below the 18-year historical median valuation. Ultimately, firm believes that the contrails of a consumer recession have yet to be seen fully in commercial credit, preventing firm from becoming more bullish on banks at current valuations. Firm believes the following cos to be at elevated risk for future business loan problems: Comerica Incorporated (CMA), City National Corporation (CYN), Webster Financial Corporation (WBS), UCBH Holdings (UCBH), and Sovereign Bancorp (SOV).
Lack of money is the source of all evils.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 59

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 21 queries.