Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81121 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #810 on: October 10, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »

It's very low voltge solar powered.

I just looked in the pool as the sun is out

it still reads negative numbers

I have to go for a swim with a hammer

I'll be back in a bit

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #811 on: October 10, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »

Good choice.. :D

If it were not for the 10 hour ride tomorrow for the new road sofa, I'd be at the range shooting...Or self actualizing as FM says..
Hang in there, once a new pol gets in office thing may improve, any pol, election years are brutal.

Adding 5-8 years to the salt mine tour has not been a pleasant thought this week.     

I'm with you bruddah! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #812 on: October 10, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »

It's very low voltge solar powered.

I just looked in the pool as the sun is out

it still reads negative numbers

I have to go for a swim with a hammer

I'll be back in a bit

B B

If you gently fish it out of the pool, maybe you could put it in a vise and squeeze it to death.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #813 on: October 10, 2008, 08:16:53 PM »

I keep hooping to find a kernel of something good in this thread but it's still just pi$$ing and moaning. It sux, it really sux. Go for a ride.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #814 on: October 11, 2008, 12:46:52 AM »

A few of the old saying in Wall Street (feel free to add yours):

- Don't mistake a Bull market for Brain.
- Never try to catch a falling knife.
- The light at the end of the tunnel is just a freight train.
- No one ever made money by panicking.
- Sell enough to prove yourself wrong.

And the Golden Rule:

He who holds the gold, makes the rule.

I think I'm losing it now ...   :freak: :mad: :rolleyes3: :rolleyes3:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #815 on: October 11, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »

No can do Tim

Because Frank is a , that'd make it a hate crime vice simple assault

B B

Sad but true, you would be charged with a hate crime...... :soapbox:
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #816 on: October 13, 2008, 08:19:27 AM »

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States recorded its largest drop ever as consumer demand continued to wane and oil prices slid, a prominent industry analyst said on Sunday.

The national average price for self-serve, regular unleaded gas fell 35.03 cents to $3.3079 a gallon on October 10 from $3.6582 two weeks earlier, according to the nationwide Lundberg Survey.

It was the lowest national average price since March 21, 2008. Since peaking at $4.1124 on July 11, the average cost of a gallon of gas has receded by 80.45 cents. Diesel fuel fell 21 cents to $3.95 a gallon, the first time since March that it has been below $4.00 a gallon.

"Plummeting oil prices and caving gasoline demand have combined to bring the biggest retail gasoline price cut in the history of the market," Trilby Lundberg, who compiles the survey, said in an interview. "We've been doing this 58 years. This is truly the biggest price drop."

On Friday, fears of a global recession helped drive down U.S. crude oil futures prices more than 10 percent to the lowest settlement since September 2007. U.S. crude for November delivery settled on Friday at $77.70 a barrel, down $8.89, or 10.27 percent, on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Meanwhile, travel on all U.S. roads fell 3.6 percent, or nearly 10 billion vehicle miles in July, compared with the same period last year, according to the most recent figures provided by the Transportation Department. It was the ninth straight month of declining driving activity.

HOW LOW CAN THEY GO?

Lundberg said the average gasoline price could fall below $3.00 a gallon as early as December.

"If crude oil prices don't spike, we can expect further price cutting for two reasons," Lundberg said. "Gasoline demand will continue to shrink in our weak economic condition, and retailers, who have been receiving deep buying price cuts, will be anxious to pass through any further price cuts they receive quickly. They need the sales."

According to the Lundberg survey, drivers in Honolulu paid an average of $3.91 a gallon for unleaded gas, the highest price in the nation. The Wichita, Kansas, region had the lowest average price, at $2.79 a gallon.

The Lundberg survey evaluates prices at about 5,000 gas stations.

Gas is $2.95 a gallon here at one station already.  Fastest gas price drop per gallon I can remember.  Oil barrel prices dropping like a rock.

Will we hear how great this is anytime soon?   We heard a LOT when prices were going up...
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #817 on: October 13, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »

It'll go back up when the credit gets freed up again! It's ALL about the damn oil!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #818 on: October 13, 2008, 09:05:12 AM »

OPEC will tailor production to our consumption.  If we use less, they will produce less.  If we produce more, OPEC will produce less.  Chavez is a rat headed $%&*, also.

We should produce more oil tell them to pizz up a rope, and look for alternative energy that is financially viable at the same time.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #819 on: October 13, 2008, 04:31:45 PM »

Now that oil prices have dropped like a rock as the world economy begins to tank, gas prices are finally dropping along with crude prices.  More of a lag than what we saw on the way up, but at least things are going in the right direction.  Now, here's the big question.  Will the average American consumer continue to cut back consumption, or will the past year be forgotten and the waste resume?  I personally have so little faith in the common sense of the typical consumer that I would fully expect to see many/most go right back to their wasteful ways if credit was still available and cheap.  I guess we will all get to see for ourselves as gas drops below that magic $3 number.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #820 on: October 13, 2008, 04:34:35 PM »

Now that oil prices have dropped like a rock as the world economy begins to tank, gas prices are finally dropping along with crude prices.  More of a lag than what we saw on the way up, but at least things are going in the right direction.  Now, here's the big question.  Will the average American consumer continue to cut back consumption, or will the past year be forgotten and the waste resume?  I personally have so little faith in the common sense of the typical consumer that I would fully expect to see many/most go right back to their wasteful ways if credit was still available and cheap.  I guess we will all get to see for ourselves as gas drops below that magic $3 number.

Jerry
   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #821 on: October 13, 2008, 04:37:47 PM »

Jerry

Jerry, I agree, most Americans have a very short memory, so I think many will go back to their old ways, until we have another disaster!

"The greater our knowledge increases the more our ignorance unfolds."
 --  John F. Kennedy

Craig

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #822 on: October 13, 2008, 04:40:52 PM »

The market shot up 950 something points on the day. Largest one day gain in the history of the exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed on tomorrow and the rest of the week. If it gets back up to within 100 points of where it was July 1st, I'm pulling everything out and putting it all in T-bills till at least January. Don't care if it keeps climbing and I end up down a bit for the year, the last two weeks have made me sick.

B B

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #823 on: October 13, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »

That's because of the newest bailout announced today! We're going to take half that 700 Billion and invest in this store!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #824 on: October 13, 2008, 05:14:27 PM »

The market shot up 950 something points on the day. Largest one day gain in the history of the exchange. Keeping my fingers crossed on tomorrow and the rest of the week. If it gets back up to within 100 points of where it was July 1st, I'm pulling everything out and putting it all in T-bills till at least January. Don't care if it keeps climbing and I end up down a bit for the year, the last two weeks have made me sick.

B B

Right on! A plan you feel right with is the right plan.

Buuuut, you could leave a little puny few bits on the pass line and let it ride.
Sorry, I can't get away from the action... ::)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 59

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 21 queries.