Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59

Author Topic: Financial Meltdown?!  (Read 81130 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Financial Meltdown?!
« Reply #840 on: October 15, 2008, 12:36:10 PM »

It's all about the OIL!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
OIL / MONEY
It's one and the same.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #841 on: October 15, 2008, 12:51:02 PM »

OIL / MONEY
It's one and the same.
Mike
 :drink:

The OIL controls our money, not the reverse! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #842 on: October 15, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »

Oil, drug companies, medical companies, among others.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #843 on: October 15, 2008, 01:05:27 PM »

Oil, drug companies, medical companies, among others.
Lest us not forget the "business" of the Media  :soapbox: :drink:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #844 on: October 15, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »

received the following in an e-mail......

"THIS IS WORSE THAN A DIVORCE.

I LOST HALF MY MONEY AND I STILL HAVE MY WIFE." 

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

BigR55

« Reply #845 on: October 15, 2008, 04:53:02 PM »

received the following in an e-mail......

"THIS IS WORSE THAN A DIVORCE.

I LOST HALF MY MONEY AND I STILL HAVE MY WIFE." 

:ROFLOL:

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #846 on: October 16, 2008, 05:29:13 AM »

If you think about it OIL is the culprit. EVERYTHING you touch is delivered by truck. Trucks burn Diesel. Diesel is priced much higher than Gasoline. Diesel takes less to refine than Gasoline. When you produce Diesel you have a byproduct run off it is called Gasoline. If you think this is not Politically motivative you are crazy.

The WAR has little to do with our oil situation. Most of the fuel used in Iraq is JP8 and is used in Multi fuel vehicles. It is made to Military Specs and most of it is shipped in from Germany.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #847 on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:09 AM »

ACK!!! Don't youze guys see what's happening??? It is soooo slick how they control the market...the answer is MILK! they slowly creep the price of milk up by a few cents per gallon, directly affecting each market separately. Butter, being a by-product of milk goes up, cheese, pizza, subs, and then alcohol goes up 'cause you can't have a pizza without beer! The big oil companies just jumped on the band-wagon when it was thought to be safe, but the milk-marketers obscured the truth with a barrage of false advertising pertaining to oil pricing. The war is not about oil, it is about milk!!! C'mon, man...sacred cows? How much is a gallon of milk from one of those?
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #848 on: October 16, 2008, 08:20:34 AM »

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago,
you would have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago,
you would have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago,
you would have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago,
drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund,
you would have $214.00!

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.
It is called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be an American!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #849 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:29 AM »

Something was said last night at the debate re: foreign oil that I found interesting.  Both candidates stated that in 10 years or less we could be in a position to no longer buy ANY oil from the ME or Chavez.  That would be a real surprise to me, if it did happen - either candidate as prez.  But it sounded good. 

The ME could sell oil to Europe & Chavez can sell oil to China so the markets for their oil will remain no matter what. 

We also need to increase domestic production of beer.  The more beer we make, the cheaper it will get.  The cheaper it gets, the more we can drink.  The more we drink, the more we forget about our money down a rat hole investments that are doing less than well in our 401k that is way worse than buying magic beans with our money stock market.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #850 on: October 16, 2008, 08:42:30 AM »

Huzzah! Huzzah!  More beer...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #851 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:48 AM »

Cindy McCain is a blond beer heiress worth millions of $.  More ads with rich good looking blondes drinking beer would be better than the current crop of drivel politically. 

McCain should get a big boat (Named "Big Beer Vote Boat), fill it with bikini clad blondes drinking beer, and smile & wave & yell "vote for me" as he captained it all over Lake Havasu.  I would rather see that than the crappola they have on nw.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #852 on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

Yup, he ain't got it.. The smirking of both during the so called "debate" made me watch "Bewitched" reruns while drinking frozen strawberry things.  The Jestor Decor put the idea into my little mad cow infested brain...Shame on you Cheri. 

Sean M Cary

« Reply #853 on: October 16, 2008, 09:35:38 AM »

For all the doom and gloom on the news, Orlando is packed!  Having a hard time finding parking at the places we are going to at night.  I am not seeing it (the down turn) here, other then the junk offerings of the geek vendors on the show floor SUCK!

Did score a Digital Picture Frame, but the best they are offering is pens and "green shopping bags"...weak!!  How and I supposed to justify a conference in Orlando without good stuff to bring home?

Down Town Disney Harley Davidson offers 10% Military Discount...got the obligatory shirt and shot glass - and the wife has been doing her part (and then some) to keep the incomes of my fellow Floridians propped up.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #854 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:18 AM »

For all the doom and gloom on the news, Orlando is packed!  Having a hard time finding parking at the places we are going to at night.  I am not seeing it (the down turn) here, other then the junk offerings of the geek vendors on the show floor SUCK!

Did score a Digital Picture Frame, but the best they are offering is pens and "green shopping bags"...weak!!  How and I supposed to justify a conference in Orlando without good stuff to bring home?

Down Town Disney Harley Davidson offers 10% Military Discount...got the obligatory shirt and shot glass.

Bless you for traveling & spending money in your home state & paying sales taxes having fun to keep me from having to pay state income tax.  Hopefully a few hundred thousand more will show up in Daytona this weekend to pay lots of sales & tourist taxes have even more fun.

Give the pens to the kids & the wife gets the shopping bag - automatic souvenirs.  Leaves the picture frame for you, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.