Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I pick it up tomorrow  (Read 2743 times)

CaptG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
I pick it up tomorrow
« on: October 11, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »

I head out tomorrow morning and pick up a 2007 softail springer in the afternoon.   Then on to Colorado to visit siblings with bike in tow.   I have S&S lifters and S&S beehive springs waiting at brother in laws where we will install them first thing.   May not need them, current owner is unsure if they have been replaced (he is third owner) but I am taking no chances after doing a lot of reading on this site.   I will post pictures when I get to Colorado with it.   Then after a week back to Michigan with it in to where it will most likely sit in heated pole barn/shop until spring.   I am sure there will be mods and add ons during the long winter.   ;D
Gary

2007 CVO  FXSTSSE

2006 VRSCR Street Rod

ultrarider123

Re: I pick it up tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »

Congrats on the springer, Cap.  Hope things go well on the trip out and back home.  Looking forward to the pics, sir.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:49:32 PM »

Congratulations and safe travels.   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

CaptG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:29:54 PM »

Picked up Bike and continued on to Colorado with uneventful trip.   I am geeked.   Bike is great.  Needs a couple things but nothing major.   Weather forecast for next few days is good so I’ll get some miles on it.   Then back home to Michigan where I will have all winter to go over Bike and get it exactly how I want it.   Did I mention I am geeked  :orange:
Gary

2007 CVO  FXSTSSE

2006 VRSCR Street Rod

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 12:11:21 AM »

Is "geeked" good? If so, congratulations!   :2vrolijk_21:  The bike looks great.   :2vrolijk_21:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

CaptG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »

Geeked is good.     ;D
Gary

2007 CVO  FXSTSSE

2006 VRSCR Street Rod

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 10:31:32 AM »

Congrats!  She's a beauty.

Enjoy.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Desertwndrr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 06:58:15 AM »

The lifters should be the old “B” style and should be good to go.  However, if you are in there I’d suggest that you mic the crank.  I had an issue with my ‘07.  Lucky for me.  It gave me an opportunity to upgrade.  Running a 124” now.

CaptG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »

Thanks for the advice.   What was your issue and what exactly should I look for?    I did not change lifters and valve springs as planned while in Colorado.   Weather was too good and I rode.   Back in Michigan now and Bike is in shop getting new rear tire and a tuner.   Previous owner put Python pipes on and no tuner.   Lots of popping on decel.   Shop will Dyno Bike with tuner and I will have a base to compare in spring when I will have it on the dyno again.   Over winter I will change lifters, valve springs, install Andrews cam and new cam bearings, rocker lockers and anything else I might figure to be a good idea.   I need to see the dyno results and look at cam that is in Bike before I order a new cam.   This Bike ran strong.   Half way through 3rd gear pull tire broke loose and spun momentarily before catching.   Happened a couple days later in 2nd gear.   May have just been warm asphalt and I hit a slick spot.   I’ll know more when I get it back in my shop and tear it down.   
Gary

2007 CVO  FXSTSSE

2006 VRSCR Street Rod

CaptG

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »

All the new parts are in and it is all back together and no extra parts left over.   Weather broke here and yesterday was 55 and sunny.  Roads clear and dry.   Took it for first ride with new parts.  Wow, even more than I hoped for.  Those cams (kuryakin tc24d) really woke it up.  Not quite as loud, more of a deeper, softer tone.  Not the sharp crack sound.  I am happy.   I’ll take it to the Dyno in a couple weeks and have it dialed in perfect. 
Gary

2007 CVO  FXSTSSE

2006 VRSCR Street Rod

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.