Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealer info  (Read 1278 times)

dwille1498

• IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO3: TBD
Dealer info
« on: October 16, 2017, 04:37:17 PM »

I have a question as to why in almost all posts, a dealer is referred to as "the dealer or my dealer" instead of ABC Harley Davidson in somewhere USA. Why not say the Dealer name and town???
It is my belief if we point fingers at or give recognition to the actual dealers all posts hold more validity. We may get dealers to chime in to thank or defend the post.Excuse me in advance for my ignorance.

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: Dealer info
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »

I have a question as to why in almost all posts, a dealer is referred to as "the dealer or my dealer" instead of ABC Harley Davidson in somewhere USA. Why not say the Dealer name and town???
It is my belief if we point fingers at or give recognition to the actual dealers all posts hold more validity. We may get dealers to chime in to thank or defend the post.Excuse me in advance for my ignorance.
Good Point (no pun intended)  :drink:
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 08:33:35 PM »

There are some older posts on this site that is for dealer praise or problems and hasn't been mentioned in awhile though. The way some dealerships change ownership or management it may be hard to keep a dealership's status rating current.
As far as problem dealerships that could be due old employees or just personalities rubbing the wrong way. Then you could have reluctance for some owners to badmouth a dealership since they may be the only one in their area and they know they may have to use them for future warranty work or buy a new bike.
It is also easy to sidetrack a thread, lets' say someone starts a thread about installing an oil cooler and they mention XYZ dealership did the install. That could be followed up with complaint's about that dealership because many dealerships have happy customers and unhappy customers. Then you get no further followup on the cooler install and it's positive or negative uses.
So in the long run if you are trying to research a dealership for work it would be easy to find reviews in a separate section on complaints or praise then to try and find an obscure posting in other threads dealing with other subject matters.
I imagine it would get boring or frustrating to read repetitively by a frequent poster  that XYZ dealership is either" the greatest thing since sliced bread" all the time or the "devil's stealership" if it was a bad experience. many readers would be tempted to say get over it and move on......

Here is one old thread on dealerships:
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=1583.0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:03:09 PM by VaEagle »

dwille1498

• IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO3: TBD
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:52:39 AM »

Thanks for a great post Eagle. That makes a lot of sense.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 09:59:57 AM »

Thanks for a great post Eagle. That makes a lot of sense.

x2
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.