Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: OCC BIKE BUILD OFF  (Read 8896 times)

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: OCC BIKE BUILD OFF
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 04:13:18 PM »

Sorry for the side trip, but y'all brought up a subject to which I'm closely connected.  

Regarding the real Jesse James.  My 2G Grandfather (Stephen Carter Ragan) was a school teacher in Kansas City.  The first in the area.  Jesse and his siblings were his students along with everyone else within 20+ miles at the time.  Stephen went on to be a Capt in the the Confederate Army, and later a 2 term State Senator for Missouri.

The James, Younger, Chiles and Ragan families were very close.  Actually, they all moved from the Lexington Kentucky area at the same time.  I am related to the Younger, Chiles and Ragans. My 3G Grandmother's name was Sarah Younger, Aunt of the Younger brothers, Stephen's Carter Ragan's mother and wife of Jacob Ragan.  They among 14 other families founded West Port Landing, now known as Kansas City.

Without going into a lot of detail -- My Grandfather told me a story how long after Jesse was supposed to be dead, he walked up to my 2G Grandfather and tapped him on the shoulder from behind.  They were downtown KC.  In any case, It was 20 years (1902) after the supposed assassination.  If Jesse was dead, he sure made a good second coming according to my Grandfather.  He said they spoke for a few minutes and he never saw him again.

Since I wasn't there, I have no idea whether my Grandfather was just telling stories or not.  But Stephen was still alive until 1907 and my Grandfather, born in 1900, had many opportunities to be with him as a child.  So, who knows? These people were close friends of the family. 

I believe Jesse was granted amnesty, since he'd long cleaned up his act and was no longer chasing trains for a living...Pinkerton be damned.  No love lost between the RR and Washington.  Perhaps the feds let him off the hook.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:23:30 PM by Eagleye07 »
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »

All three are dicks. There are far too many good guys in the industry to be wasting an ounce of energy in following or supporting these clowns with our eyeballs. You can add Lane and a few others as well.

Perhaps if we stopped watching anything related to these idiots, someone might actually consider refocusing on the Ness's, Perewitz, Johnson, Hotch, Mitchell, Smith, Yaffe, Fitch, Trotta, Young, Suter, Chica, etc, of the world, who are actually supportive of the industry and are decent down to earth people as well.

Imho, it really sucks that the only programming they care to focus on developing is on the industry retards, just for the shock value.

Trash TV if you ask me.
X2 Totally agree with mrmagloo! Would have been a total waste of my time if I had even known that the stupid show was on TV.
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »

It would have been much more interesting IMHO, if they had to ride 300 - 500 miles to the Build Off Contest, as in numerous previous build offs on the Discovery Channel.
Synergy - Functionality and Looks
Sculpture - Just Artwork.

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 11:40:55 AM »

It would have been much more interesting IMHO, if they had to ride 300 - 500 miles to the Build Off Contest, as in numerous previous build offs on the Discovery Channel.
Synergy - Functionality and Looks
Sculpture - Just Artwork.

Yeah, I liked the earlier episodes that req'd. them to travel a few hundred miles on the scooters. (Even with the chase vehicles, it sorted out some of the form/function.) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »

Yeah, I liked the earlier episodes that req'd. them to travel a few hundred miles on the scooters. (Even with the chase vehicles, it sorted out some of the form/function.) spyder
Yes.  The bikes look cool, but are craP beyond 50 miles.  You have to wear a kidney belt...;)
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »

Yes.  The bikes look cool, but are craP beyond 50 miles.  You have to wear a kidney belt...;)

Hell,,, Seniors wouldn't make it 5 miles..  and i agree, the build off should have been a build in drive like the ole shows   :2vrolijk_21:

IMO - the OCC days, including Paul Jr Designs are on their last leg... Discovery would be crazy to waste any more valuable show time on these idiots..  I enjoy the new Auctions War shows over this build off garbage..   

REJEANHD

• LIVRAISON EN FÉVRIER 2012
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »

iT WAS A GOOD TV SHOW.....

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2011, 12:53:44 PM »

Anyone that was dumb enough to screw over Sandra Bullock should not be allowed on TV.  JJ eyes looked as though he was needing his next fix, he is a jackass.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »

:smiley_up: :smiley_up: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 06:51:47 PM »

Three big egos. Three diametrically opposed views on what constitutes a custom motorcycle. Three radical vehicles, none of which I could probably ride from Dago to Vegas and back. Jr's because most likely it's got a 1 gallon fuel cell and is not intended for the open road. Sr's because - - -well because I doubt the tracks would hold up for 700 miles of desert highway. And Jesse's because my back would break by the time I hit Victorville IF and it's a big IF, I didn't crash cause I sure as hell wouldn't be able to see over the damn front end. I suppose barring that, Jesse's bike would be the most reliable and would no doubt make the trip with somebody that could manage being folded up like a jacknife for 700 miles - - again, IF they could see WTF they were going. Having said all that, the show accomplished one thing in my mind. That Jr is a better designer than Jason Poole. Poole the fool has no idea what a custom motorcycle is supposed to be. I look at PJD as designing motorcycles in the same vein as some of the crazier chopper guys of the late 60's and early 70's. Guys like Ron Finch for one. SugarBear with his insane 24" over springers, gooseneck frames etc.  Show bikes, trailer queens, pieces of art, whatever but two wheels an engine a transmission and a frame all within the boundaries of traditional motorcycle styling. Poole was trying to prove he could do something wilder than PJD's Gears of War bike. He failed, OCC failed and I guess the only thing about the whole fiasco that was decent was Sr shaking his son's hand.

B B

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »

I missed it. Was busy watching the "Turtle Man" catch a couple of skunks.
Jesus is Lord

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 10:35:34 PM »

I'm watching it now, just seems like the usual crying from OCC & JPD, JJ has a point... he really is the only one who can build a bike from the ground up.

wicked110

• CVO1: FXDWG3
    • CVO2: FXDSE2
    • CVO3: FLHRSE5
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »

Sr did not build a bike. Pull you head out of your azz sparky.
Jr bought the parts to build a bike. Plus who fuk wants to smell like burt oil. What a dumb fuk.
JJ built a bike. Next time use shorter bar risers.

JJ bike was by far the best bike on the stage.
2002 FXDWG3 103 big bore stroker, Ported heads, TW 55 cams, 48 mm Mik, Thunder Header 103 HP 105 TQ

2008 FXDSE2 12 to 1 comp, Moto Headz Racing ported heads Woods cams, HPI Tbody, RB Racing Pro Stock pipe. 142 HP 140 TQ

2013 FLHRSE5 10 inch Monkeys, Progressive 444 rear and Mono tubes

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »

Jr's bike was by far the coolest looking!
That being said...I wouldn't waste a dollar to ride any of those three bikes.
As far as the characters... Sr., Jr., and JJ...Jr. is the only one of them seems civil enough to hang out with.  Sr. and JJ seem like egomaniac Jackazz's.
Vinny is cooler then of all of them.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »

Anyone that was dumb enough to screw over Sandra Bullock should not be allowed on TV.  JJ eyes looked as though he was needing his next fix, he is a jackass.

X2

He will be kicking himself one day for letting a bombshell like that go.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.