Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 4240 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Insurance
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 05:16:24 PM »

One suggestion - shop around and get quotes from several carriers.  I have had Sentry, Dairyland and a few others I cannot recall.  Been with Foremost for six or seven years and they have been great - low rates, great service.  I recently renewed my home, auto, umbrella, etc., and asked for quotes on the bikes also.  Progressive was out of sight high.  Found a couple that were a tad bit cheaper than Foremost but not enough to switch.  

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »

I had Dairyland for years. Had a claim on my 85 model where I hit a deer. They came out the next day. The way they treated me was great.
 Now I have mine with Allstate. I have the maximum of everything that I could get. It was only about 100 dollars a year more for everything. Of course I have everything with Allstate now, house, shop, wifes Beauty shop, all vehicles. So I get a good discount because of that.
 Interesting thread.
 Ray
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

ruiner73

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 01:57:15 AM »

No need to list the parts, but have an understanding of the value of the bike, plus what additional $ you have in upgrades.  Some companies will even give you an agreed amount, similar to a collectors car.  I know I have over $5,000 in options to my CVO, so I have insured it for an agreed amount with the insurance company.  They charge me additional premium annually for the coverage, IMHO well worth the money if the bike is ever a total.

Ask your agent about the ability to do this.  I'll tell you after 19 years in the business, I've never had a client complain about their premium when they get their vehicle settlement on an agreed amount basis :)

May I ask what company you are using? Or from your statement are you an agent? If so, you can PM me with the info. I would like to insure my bike for "X" dollars to cover bike replacement & all work/parts installed if possible. Thought I had that now, but I can't get a policy for a stated amount.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Allan
2011 CVO Streetglide, 124" Axtell, D&D exhaust, T-Man Cams, Baisley heads, 30T pulley & TTS tuner, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Alpine w/Hawg-Wired & Focals

Jerry/MD

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:38 AM »

I had Dairyland for years. Had a claim on my 85 model where I hit a deer. They came out the next day. The way they treated me was great.
 Now I have mine with Allstate. I have the maximum of everything that I could get. It was only about 100 dollars a year more for everything. Of course I have everything with Allstate now, house, shop, wifes Beauty shop, all vehicles. So I get a good discount because of that.
 Interesting thread.
 Ray

X2. I have Allstate for all my stuff. Just renewed at $375/year. State Farm was $200 higher for the same coverage.  ???

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »

One suggestion - shop around and get quotes from several carriers.  I have had Sentry, Dairyland and a few others I cannot recall.  Been with Foremost for six or seven years and they have been great - low rates, great service.  I recently renewed my home, auto, umbrella, etc., and asked for quotes on the bikes also. Progressive was out of sight high.  Found a couple that were a tad bit cheaper than Foremost but not enough to switch.  

X2

I had Progressive for years and my premiums were transfered from my checking account so I never really paid attention to the cost.  Got my renewal notice last week and the 12 month premium was $1359 for my 12 FLHTCUSE!  Checked with Geico and got the SAME coverage for $438!

I love the lizzard!
 :2vrolijk_21:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 21 queries.