Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What side of the tour pack do you fly your Flag ?  (Read 971 times)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
What side of the tour pack do you fly your Flag ?
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

I fly my Flag on the Right side, when my bike is on the kickstand my flag is at it's highest postion. Let's see your Flags  :2vrolijk_21:

Happy 4th of July

Respect to all Veterans

Marty
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:31:58 PM by 110 Mofo »
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: What side of the tour pack do you fly your Flag ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 01:51:57 PM »

You got it right.    :2vrolijk_21:

United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag:

§7. Position and manner of display
The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the center of that line.
The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United States at any place within the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:24 AM »

Yes, that is certainly correct.  Also, if the flag is draped vertically...say across a street; the union is towards the North on a East/West street and towards the East on a North/South street. 

Trivia: Q: If the US flag touches the ground, what should you do?

A: Pick it up, bring it to your lips, and kiss it. 

I read this in (I believe) the Boy's Scout Handbook sometime in the mid-sixties.  I've looked but haven't been able to find it since.  So many people think you are sopposed to burn it.  You never burn a serviceable flag.

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »

Yes, that is certainly correct.  Also, if the flag is draped vertically...say across a street; the union is towards the North on a East/West street and towards the East on a North/South street.  

Trivia: Q: If the US flag touches the ground, what should you do?

A: Pick it up, bring it to your lips, and kiss it.  

I read this in (I believe) the Boy's Scout Handbook sometime in the mid-sixties.  I've looked but haven't been able to find it since.  So many people think you are sopposed to burn it.  You never burn a serviceable flag.

According to the American Legioin website at  http://www.legion.org/flag/faq

"Are you required to destroy the flag if it touches the ground?

The Flag Code states that the flag should not touch anything beneath it, including the ground. This is stated to indicate that care should be exercised in the handling of the flag, to protect it from becoming soiled or damaged. You are not required to destroy the flag when this happens. As long as the flag remains suitable for display, even if washing or dry-cleaning is required, you may continue to display the flag as a symbol of our great country."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:48:55 PM by Master Guns »
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.