Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: H.O.G. 2012 ABC's of Touring  (Read 2393 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
H.O.G. 2012 ABC's of Touring
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:22:39 PM »

I knew at the start of 2012 I would be taking 2 big bike trips with a buddy and we decided to record our trips and weekend get aways by taking part in the A.B.C.'s of Touring. Went to a lot of nice places, took lots of pictures and now have a lifetime of memories. I plan to print every picture and put them up on the wall in the garage. 40 000KM/25 000M I went to Key West, New Orleans, Nashville, Sturgis, Vancouver, Thunder Bay, ect. Just too many places to list. I loved Sturgis and surrounding area and plan to be there in 2013. The Vehicle Operations plant in York. P.A. and the Harley Museum were real nice too.

Would like to take another crack at it one day but it will have to be when I retire. The weather up here really restricts your total riding time as we cannot get in a real full year. Used up all 6 weeks of vacation to do these trips. This is something you cannot do when you have a full time job. Another thing is I would love to get to the south, east coast. Start at the north end of route 66 and have the sea to your right all the way down the legnth of the hwy. Also never pass up a sign when you see it....ish lost 5 points that way. You think another one will come along but then it does not.

Looking at last years totals I should be in the top 5. We will see as we don't know who and how many participated this year. The dead line for submissions is the 31st. Heck they already released the form and rules for 2013.

So my total is 117. Just wondering if anyone else took a kick at it and what your total is.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: H.O.G. 2012 ABC's of Touring
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:33:00 PM »

We have done it for about 10 years.  It is a great tool to get you out riding and to places you might otherwise not know about except for your research.  Or maybe you would not go there except to get the photo.

My wife scrapbooks many of our photos each year and we have been to some interesting places.  Don't try to make it to the top tier - just enough points to qualify for whatever trinkets HOG gives.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:48:18 PM »

One of my retired friends decided to get serious about it this year, going for the world record, has 176! :'( Oh my aching a$$.
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »

We've done it for about the past ten years too.  Several years ago we got up to 118, since then they have added ways to get an additional 18 points without much difficulty. 

This year I believe we will have 112 but most years we just get into the 80's. 

That photo must be Xenia, OH because I believe I have been through Xenia, IL so many times and know what signs are located there.

The ABC's are a great reason to get out and ride. 

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »

Yes. It is Xenia, Ohio. As for adding points go take a look at how many ways you can get 2 points for 2013. Going to the Harley Museum was the only 2 point location for 2012.

I believe if you want to get over 130 you have to get all the States and a whole whack of H.O.G. rallies. If you want to be a top dog you would have to tour through Europe to get more country's.

The 78 points that are required to get all the stuff from H.O.G. can easily be achieved by anyone who loves to ride and does not mine stopping to get out there book to pose.

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »

When I mentioned them adding ways to get points, I was referring to that now you can get up to 10 points for Dealerships, now you can get up to 5 points each for National Parks and National Forests.  Ued to be only one point maximum for National Parks and Forests and there was not even a category for Dealerships.  That is 18 fairly easy points. Just my opinion though.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:05:54 AM by chaos901 »

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »

When I mentioned them adding ways to get points, I was referring to that now you can get up to 10 points for Dealerships, now you can get up to 5 points each for National Parks and National Forests.  Ued to be only one point maximum for National Parks and Forests and there was not even a category for Dealerships.  That is 18 fairly easy points. Just my opinion though.

You are right my friend. The hardest part is getting off the bike, get your book to pose....lol.

It looks like every year they are they are making ways to accumulate more points. At the end it is a great way to just get out there. :2vrolijk_21:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »

I knew at the start of 2012 I would be taking 2 big bike trips with a buddy and we decided to record our trips and weekend get aways by taking part in the A.B.C.'s of Touring. Went to a lot of nice places, took lots of pictures and now have a lifetime of memories. I plan to print every picture and put them up on the wall in the garage. 40 000KM/25 000M I went to Key West, New Orleans, Nashville, Sturgis, Vancouver, Thunder Bay, ect. Just too many places to list. I loved Sturgis and surrounding area and plan to be there in 2013. The Vehicle Operations plant in York. P.A. and the Harley Museum were real nice too.

Would like to take another crack at it one day but it will have to be when I retire. The weather up here really restricts your total riding time as we cannot get in a real full year. Used up all 6 weeks of vacation to do these trips. This is something you cannot do when you have a full time job. Another thing is I would love to get to the south, east coast. Start at the north end of route 66 and have the sea to your right all the way down the legnth of the hwy. Also never pass up a sign when you see it....ish lost 5 points that way. You think another one will come along but then it does not.

Looking at last years totals I should be in the top 5. We will see as we don't know who and how many participated this year. The dead line for submissions is the 31st. Heck they already released the form and rules for 2013.

So my total is 117. Just wondering if anyone else took a kick at it and what your total is.

The results are out. Placed 2nd in Canada.

H.O.G.® Magazine Canada

WELCOME !

The Winners – 2012 ABCs of Touring

04-Jun-2013

Thank you to everyone who participated in the ABCs of Touring contest in 2012. This program gives you a great opportunity to win prizes while creating many unforgettable memories. For 2013, the ABCs of Touring contest participants will have the chance to win a Harley-Davidson® GPS Navigator, an H-D® FXRG® Leather Jacket, and other valuable prizes.  Don’t wait to get started on your 2013 entry! Get the details and download an entry form HERE.

And now, here are the top three Canadian participants from the class of 2012:

1. Ernie Richardson, Ontario (142 points)

2. Mano Gialousis, Ontario (117 points)

3. Carlos Nunes, Ontario (117 points)

4. Dave Unger, Ontario (117 points)

5. Anita Unger, Ontario (117 points)

6. Richard Boone, New Brunswick (101 points)

---

© 2012 Harley-Davidson. All rights reserved. Privacy PolicyH.O.G.® Membership | About HOG® Magazine Canada | H.O.G.® Links | Contact 

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 06:12:29 PM »

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 06:57:51 PM »

BRAVO Mano, what do you get for this.  Hopefully you will receive something Nice... ;D ;) :)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »

The results are out. Placed 2nd in Canada.

H.O.G.® Magazine Canada

WELCOME !

The Winners – 2012 ABCs of Touring

04-Jun-2013

Thank you to everyone who participated in the ABCs of Touring contest in 2012. This program gives you a great opportunity to win prizes while creating many unforgettable memories. For 2013, the ABCs of Touring contest participants will have the chance to win a Harley-Davidson® GPS Navigator, an H-D® FXRG® Leather Jacket, and other valuable prizes.  Don’t wait to get started on your 2013 entry! Get the details and download an entry form HERE.

And now, here are the top three Canadian participants from the class of 2012:

1. Ernie Richardson, Ontario (142 points)

2. Mano Gialousis, Ontario (117 points)

3. Carlos Nunes, Ontario (117 points)

4. Dave Unger, Ontario (117 points)

5. Anita Unger, Ontario (117 points)

6. Richard Boone, New Brunswick (101 points)

---

© 2012 Harley-Davidson. All rights reserved. Privacy PolicyH.O.G.® Membership | About HOG® Magazine Canada | H.O.G.® Links | Contact 

Congrats!!! :2vrolijk_20:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
  :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »

Way to go--- think of all the great memories-
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »

BRAVO Mano, what do you get for this.  Hopefully you will receive something Nice... ;D ;) :)

Tons of memories and a great time.

I will be printing all the pictures I took also but most of all.....bragging rights with my riding buddies. ;D

Mandrew13

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLSTSE
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 08:53:09 PM »

Congrats. Double win- lots of riding time, and recognition for fun riding time.

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 22 queries.